Metroid Prime 4 Confirmed

Parker

I don't think we'll see the game until 2019 at the earliest but it is very nice to know that one of Nintendo's best franchises isn't being forgotten, especially after the last two disasters known as Other M and Prime Forces. I'd love to see the Trilogy ported to Switch with proper dual analog control (hell, even the GCN versions on the Virtual Console would be awesome) but I absolutely cannot wait for this game, good job Nintendo. 

Parker

• Like 1

The Nintendo "conference" was really great. I may return to then after my disaster time with the Wii U, the console that I sold 2 months after I bought it because I really didn't feel the controller and how Nintendo handled it. 

Metroid is one of my favorite franchises from then and Prime was my first FPS game I played, so seeing the return makes me happy. Although I don't necessarily agree with you on other M, it wasn't a masterpiece but it had its moments and was good. 

For now I'll wait and hopefully they'll announce a bundle with Mario Odyssey and I'll buy it in November. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Although I don't necessarily agree with you on other M, it wasn't a masterpiece but it had its moments and was good.

I suppose calling it a disaster is a little much but I don't think I would call it "good" either. It was an okay game but it feels out of place, I'm just glad the franchise seems to be back on track. 

Parker

• Like 1

Overall I found the Nintendo spotlight to be mediocre. They showed many games, but many of them also got the "sometime 2018" treatment. The Metroid Prime 4 teaser however gave me goosebumps! Just knowing Metroid comes back, and as a Prime continuation to boot, amazing! :D

However, it's sad that we got no footage of MP4. Same goes for the new core Pokemon for Switch. Those two titles, together with Mario Odyssey, can/ will be system sellers, so while it's nice to know they're coming, something more would've been nice.

Anyway, I think I'll buy a Switch together with Mario Odyssey. Maybe a bit earlier, since I really want Splatoon 2. :) 

Just now, damon8r351 said:

Metroid hasn't been right since they made it an FPS, but that's just my personal opinion.

I definitely prefer the 2D games but I enjoy the Prime series as well. Super Metroid is a masterpiece, I wish they would bring the 2D games on console as well instead of keeping them on handhelds like they've been doing lately. 

Parker

14 minutes ago, Parker said:

I definitely prefer the 2D games but I enjoy the Prime series as well. Super Metroid is a masterpiece, I wish they would bring the 2D games on console as well instead of keeping them on handhelds like they've been doing lately. 

Parker

Well they did announce a remake of metroid 2 for the 3ds http://operationrainfall.com/2017/06/13/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-3ds/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well they did announce a remake of metroid 2 for the 3ds http://operationrainfall.com/2017/06/13/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-3ds/

I saw that, it looks great but again, I think it would be great on Switch too. I can't be too greedy though, I'm just glad Nintendo haven't abandoned Metroid. 

Parker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parker said:

I suppose calling it a disaster is a little much but I don't think I would call it "good" either. It was an okay game but it feels out of place, I'm just glad the franchise seems to be back on track. 

Parker

You and me mate, Prime also brings back memories from when I used for the first time the cable to connect fusion with prime, and play as fusion Samus on Prime. Back then i was so easy to please :P .

I had a wonderful time and to me this is what metroid should feel and play, fusion as a good 2d and prime that actually manages to mix fps with good exploration and morph ball mechanics

• Like 1

I thought ir said "2018", must have been mistaken by all the other stuff that ended with 2018.

And I was still carching my breath from the Pokémon announcement (after seeing Yoshi and seeing Kirby along with hearing the Kirby music), Metroid Prime 4 made me lose my shit even though it was only the title.

Okay, come on and yell "SHAME!" at me... I never played through Prime 3 even though I loved the first two games. Here's hoping there's a collection before 4 releases.

27 minutes ago, er_campanario said:

That Switch Card @BillyHorrible . If there are rewards associated to achievements in the future, it will be the BEST SYSTEM EVER.

Call me crazy but I think gaming works better without trophies telling me what's in the game and what I need to do. Nintendo said while the Switch was in development that they were hesitant to put in an achievement system since it took away part of the exploration... Saying they didn't want to inform people on what was in Zelda and what they needed to do, that they should just play the fame and find out for themselves.

Very happy about this announcment. The Metroid Prime saga was great and deserves to be continued. There are so many things you can do, when you have a whole universe to create and dive into. That'll be a reason to buy the Switch next year for sure.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Call me crazy but I think gaming works better without trophies telling me what's in the game and what I need to do. Nintendo said while the Switch was in development that they were hesitant to put in an achievement system since it took away part of the exploration... Saying they didn't want to inform people on what was in Zelda and what they needed to do, that they should just play the fame and find out for themselves.

That's a cheap excuse. If they do not put them is because they are just a developer company with it's own system and they do not have more products to offer. That does not happen on Sony or Microsoft since their products are so wide.

Maintaining servers for that type of information may it's too expensive for them, so they say "Naaah, it does not fit the players at all" , when the reality is compeltely different. 

If you want me to explore 100% , hide all the achievements, or put them without hiding. I know the way I am playing your software. I am the buyer of the product and I have the right to play it in my own way. 

EDIT: I rather prefer rewards or trophies associted with rewards, so if the people hack them... Goodbye account.

Perfect deal for the customer and perfect deal for them. 

Edited by er_campanario

So last night, my wife watched the stuff from the Nintendo presentation... She was confused about how so many people (mostly only men, weirdly) could get so excited about "just a title without any other information". I may have to break up with her.

... Kidding. I knew she didn't like Star Wars and I still married her; if I can get over that then I can get over anything.

I did some more reading on Metroid myself though and I'm now even more excited.

7 hours ago, er_campanario said:

That's a cheap excuse. If they do not put them is because they are just a developer company with it's own system and they do not have more products to offer. That does not happen on Sony or Microsoft since their products are so wide.

Maintaining servers for that type of information may it's too expensive for them, so they say "Naaah, it does not fit the players at all" , when the reality is compeltely different. 

If you want me to explore 100% , hide all the achievements, or put them without hiding. I know the way I am playing your software. I am the buyer of the product and I have the right to play it in my own way. 

EDIT: I rather prefer rewards or trophies associted with rewards, so if the people hack them... Goodbye account.

Perfect deal for the customer and perfect deal for them. 

Agree to disagree?

I don't need trophies to tell me how to play, I actually found it refreshing to play Zelda and not bother with trophies. So many fun secrets I've found in the game that I might not have bothered with if it was not needed for a platinum...

I don't think trophy servers cost that much, do they? I mean, Nintendo is also storing other information for users, adding trophy info would be not that big of a deal if it was just about server costs.

And we both know there's enough ways to find out what the requirements of hidden achievements are.

Just to prove I really don't mind having trophies: I've bought Shovel Knight on the Switch, even though it's as expensive as on the PS4 and it doesn't have any trophies there. I'll also get Yooka-Laylee, Snake Pass and a few other cross-platform games on the Switch instead of the PS4.

27 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

So last night, my wife watched the stuff from the Nintendo presentation... She was confused about how so many people (mostly only men, weirdly) could get so excited about "just a title without any other information". I may have to break up with her.

... Kidding. I knew she didn't like Star Wars and I still married her; if I can get over that then I can get over anything.

I did some more reading on Metroid myself though and I'm now even more excited.

Agree to disagree?

I don't need trophies to tell me how to play, I actually found it refreshing to play Zelda and not bother with trophies. So many fun secrets I've found in the game that I might not have bothered with if it was not needed for a platinum...

I don't think trophy servers cost that much, do they? I mean, Nintendo is also storing other information for users, adding trophy info would be not that big of a deal if it was just about server costs.

And we both know there's enough ways to find out what the requirements of hidden achievements are.

Just to prove I really don't mind having trophies: I've bought Shovel Knight on the Switch, even though it's as expensive as on the PS4 and it doesn't have any trophies there. I'll also get Yooka-Laylee, Snake Pass and a few other cross-platform games on the Switch instead of the PS4.

I see, in my case I want to play the games in my own way and also getting rewards that I can share.

I was referring exclusively to Nintendo, not to you, sorry if it sounded in another way when I said "cheap excuse" .Because that's what they said about 3DS and Wii when this topic came out.

Anyway, if you check out mynintendo.com there is a section called "Nintendo Switch Rewards" - Coming Soon. So I expect to see cool features there.

Enjoy your games on Switch @BillyHorrible

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, er_campanario said:

I see, in my case I want to play the games in my own way and also getting rewards that I can share.

I was referring exclusively to Nintendo, not to you, sorry if it sounded in another way when I said "cheap excuse" .Because that's what they said about 3DS and Wii when this topic came out.

Anyway, if you check out mynintendo.com there is a section called "Nintendo Switch Rewards" - Coming Soon. So I expect to see cool features there.

Enjoy your games on Switch @BillyHorrible

Don't worry, I understood that you were talking about the 'excuse' Nintendo gave themselves. Personally I think it's a good argument to keep trophies off of their console line, but we've covered that.

Yeah the rewards bit of mynintendo.com is where you can use your coins to buy stuff; get deals on online games and the likes. I hope something's coming soon because I just got a load of platina coins for my birthday, but they're only valid for half a year and I have nothing to spend them on yet. The more important (and hard to get) item seems to be the gold coins, though. You only get those for buying games in the eShop and for registering a game card when it's put into your Switch. Got a bunch of those as well but gold coins are valid for a year so there's less of a rush.

Thanks!

I'm hoping against hope that Prime trilogy comes before this does.

Mostly because I've never played them and would love to on the Swtich, rather than just downloading them on the Wii U some time.

Either way, I'll be picking this sucker up sooner or later.

So, news that is both good and bad:

Metroid Prime 4 is not being developed by Retro Studios.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/13/e3-2017-metroid-prime-4-is-not-developed-by-retro-still-has-longtime-series-producer

Bad: we don't know anything about the new development team so it's a blind guess as to how good the new game will end up being (luckily the producer is still the same, that might count for a lot).

Good: this means we still have an unknown game that Retro Studios has been working on for over three years and hasn't said anything about yet, a game which probably will be for the Switch as well.

6 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'm hoping against hope that Prime trilogy comes before this does.

Mostly because I've never played them and would love to on the Swtich, rather than just downloading them on the Wii U some time.

Either way, I'll be picking this sucker up sooner or later.

I don't think it's really hoping against hope. the first two GC games were released for the Wii when the third game came out as well, I'd say odds are good that we're getting the trilogy for the Switch before Prime 4 releases.

24 minutes ago, Homura Akemi said:

I'm pleasantly surprised that Nintendo didn't kill the franchise after the abysmal sells of federation force. Now I hope they bring star fox back on the switch without any gimmicky controls.

A new Star Fox, and a new F-Zero please.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 2:04 PM, Parker said:

Parker

Not sure what you mean by that last part... Wii U VC has all of the Metroids except Return of Samus (including the 2 GBA ones), while 3DS doesn't have the 2 GBA ones (and 3DS didn't have Super Metroid until the New 3DS started gettibg SNES VC games pretty late in the 3DS' lifetime). That's 5 2D Metroids on Wii U, 3 on 3DS. As far as I can tell, the only hard-and-fast rule the VC has for not releasing games on Wii U is the GB/GBC games. I don't think ANY of them are on Wii U, for any series. 

Regarding the announcement, I'm almost equally excited for MP4 and M2 Remake. Good job, Nintendo. ?

Edited by MosesRockefeller