Will xbox x deliver at least 1080p 60 fps for all games??

aditya319

Well microsoft have boasted a lot.. about 4k 60 fps.. which i do feel is just marketing tactic as a few game initially might do 4k 60 fps.. but then it will be like ps4 pro.. for which many devs dont even go for 4k 30 fps.. to me ps4 pro was a failure.. especially for ones who already owned ps4.. and expected something.. it couldnot even do 60 fps 1080p. Xbox x is powerful but i still fear that it might end up like ps4 pro.. i would be more than happy if xbox x can do 1080p 60 fps for all upcoming games.. this will be worth buying.. if anyone does have any insight on future of xbox x.. plz do let me know what you think. 

I still believe that after all the controversy from other gaming fans like to bash on Xbox X alot will eat their words where mostly, the console will actually start well once it releases in upcoming months. Plus, it's goinh to help make improvements over ehat Microsoft has released other consoles of Xbox One when the games were released,and run it efficiently well of mu view. In the future I will most likely going to buy this one instead of a ps4 and I stand that I wish more people will treat the console equally where every time I read stauses and other parts,it makes me mad how they still like to bash it disrespectfulwhere that aint right at all.

What are you even talking about?

The PS4 Pro can't run games in 1080p 60 fps? Did you buy the original PS4 thinking it was the Pro model? Because that is just rubbish and utter balderdash. It's up to the developers to patch their games. The console could indisputably run the games out at the present time in 1080p 60 fps. It all comes down to the developers optimization and conduct towards their games.

Microsoft surely has Sony beaten here. The Xbox One X has a faster processor, a more powerful GPU, and more memory than the PS4 Pro. Specifically, the XBX has 6 teraflops compared to the PS4 Pro's 4.2 teraflops. And the extra boost in RAM compared to the PS4 Pro - 12GB vs. 8GB - is also pretty remarkable. The question is just how much the extra speed and power really will translate to significant improvements in performance. Both consoles assert to offer 4K HDR gaming, and its been proved that the PS4 Pro is able to do so. Since we don't have any real gameplay on the XBX, we can't eally compare the two consoles in my opinion.

• Like 1

No, there are already games confirmed to be 30fps max on Xbox One X, such as Destiny 2.

As powerful as the system is, it is bottlenecked by it's CPU. 4K at 60fps for most games will not happen. You'll get more games at 60fps at 1080p for X, but it looks to be up to how competent the developer is.

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

The PS4 Pro can't run games in 1080p 60 fps? Did you buy the original PS4 thinking it was the Pro model? Because that is just rubbish and utter balderdash. It's up to the developers to patch their games. The console could indisputably run the games out at the present time in 1080p 60 fps. It all comes down to the developers optimization and conduct towards their games.

Microsoft surely has Sony beaten here. The Xbox One X has a faster processor, a more powerful GPU, and more memory than the PS4 Pro. Specifically, the XBX has 6 teraflops compared to the PS4 Pro's 4.2 teraflops. And the extra boost in RAM compared to the PS4 Pro - 12GB vs. 8GB - is also pretty remarkable. The question is just how much the extra speed and power really will translate to significant improvements in performance. Both consoles assert to offer 4K HDR gaming, and its been proved that the PS4 Pro is able to do so. Since we don't have any real gameplay on the XBX, we can't eally compare the two consoles in my opinion.

The PS Pro does not offer you true 4K; you're getting upscaled 4K and this is also the case for Microsoft's slim model. Scorpio offers actual 4K, supposedly.

The idea of 4k60fp/s on a console for all games is a dream that has no bearing on reality. You'll have a few games that are very fine tuned to offer that kind of experience [like Forza] but in the end what you're mostly getting is true 4K with a stable 30 frames per second. Which is fine, good even in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

The PS Pro does not offer you true 4K; you're getting upscaled 4K and this is also the case for Microsoft's slim model. Scorpio offers actual 4K, supposedly.

The idea of 4k60fp/s on a console for all games is a dream that has no bearing on reality. You'll have a few games that are very fine tuned to offer that kind of experience [like Forza] but in the end what you're mostly getting is true 4K with a stable 30 frames per second. Which is fine, good even in my opinion.

Yup, it's called checkboard 4K or whatever. Still very serviceable, but not true 4K.

49 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Correction* there are some games on the pro that runs on 4K native and 60fps, or 4K native and 30fps.

My take on this? many misleading and stupid stuff on both conferences (Sony and Microsoft) Sony with the ''exclusive'' content on Destiny 2 and Microsoft with the 22 ''not really exclusives because only 7 of them not timed''. What's hilarious is that people blame Sony for 30fps Destiny on Xbox x but the new Assassin's Creed and even Crackdown 3 are going to run on 30fps on the Xbox x.

For your answer? yes, the Xbox x can do 1080p 60fps, but just like the pro and the others, developers will not care about the fps and only care about how shiny the title.

1 hour ago, Gate_Guard said:

Correction* there are some games on the pro that runs on 4K native and 60fps, or 4K native and 30fps.

My take on this? many misleading and stupid stuff on both conferences (Sony and Microsoft) Sony with the ''exclusive'' content on Destiny 2 and Microsoft with the 22 ''not really exclusives because only 7 of them not timed''. What's hilarious is that people blame Sony for 30fps Destiny on Xbox x but the new Assassin's Creed and even Crackdown 3 are going to run on 30fps on the Xbox x.

For your answer? yes, the Xbox x can do 1080p 60fps, but just like the pro and the others, developers will not care about the fps and only care about how shiny the title.

Be aware that a bunch of games that claim to be native are actually checkerboard but yes, there are a few that 4K native. This is supposedly going to run everything native 4K; we'll see.

6 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Be aware that a bunch of games that claim to be native are actually checkerboard but yes, there are a few that 4K native. This is supposedly going to run everything native 4K; we'll see.

I think i read a post on neogaf that the Xbox x using the same checkerboard technology for some games, not too sure about that. Even if the Xbox x is going to run *everything* on native 4K, what good is it if it's still 30fps? better be 1080p 60fps or hell they can even 1440p and 60fps, but they have to ruin it with the ''4K'' stuff.

• Like 1

You should watch some videos on checkboarding on Digital Foundry, they are experts and nit picking this stuff and admit they can't see the difference between the upscaling and native if the game is running. I have a Pro and a 55 inc 4k TV and I can tell you that when I play a game in 4k It looks incredible. I'd like devs to include options to run games at 1080 / 60 hell even 900 / 60 if that's what's needed to get 60 FPS. Also an option to run the game in 4k / 30

Should be standard if you ask me, some games have done this like Nioh and The Surge. The XBOX One X has a similiar CPU to the PS4 Pro, it's a bit better but not enough to hit 60 FPS on CPU heavy games just like the Pro. There may be some examples where you do get a noticeable difference for example Dark Souls III is uncapped FPS on Pro and it can't hit 60, it hangs around 40-50. The XBOX One X might have the edge to get it to 50-60 FPS. Same story for FFXV game with uncapped FPS you will get better performance on the XBOX.

Hopefully things change and the devs wake up and realise console players are not stupid and should get options between frame rate and shiny graphics, hell make shiny mode default and just give us a damn choice on how we want to play the damn game, First person shooters suck at 30 you would think Bungie of all people would know that but apparently not. 

• Like 1

Native 4K 60 fps games will release on the XBX in due course. Time will tell if it's gonna be one big flop. If so, Microsoft have lost themselves telling lies to the Xbox community promising that it will run games in native 4K constant 60 fps without any framerate issues. Sony will remain superior with not only consoles, but games (i.e. exclusives) if such issues betide.

9 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Dude slow down.. guys after you have already the things.. but i will try to clear it as well.. there are very few games on ps4 pro which do 1080p 60 fps... infact there are just 2 3 games which are 30 fps on ps4 and 60 fps on ps4 pro.. most games which are 1080p 30fps on ps4 are 40 to 50 fps on pro which is not worth the money.. on the other hand even when they do provide checkeboard 4k.. the performance is even poorer than ps4. .. but yeah they do look good.. but whats the point of playing a laggy good looking games..and to pay decent amount for such experience is not worth it

16 minutes ago, tpepper1985 said:

You should watch some videos on checkboarding on Digital Foundry, they are experts and nit picking this stuff and admit they can't see the difference between the upscaling and native if the game is running. I have a Pro and a 55 inc 4k TV and I can tell you that when I play a game in 4k It looks incredible. I'd like devs to include options to run games at 1080 / 60 hell even 900 / 60 if that's what's needed to get 60 FPS. Also an option to run the game in 4k / 30

Should be standard if you ask me, some games have done this like Nioh and The Surge. The XBOX One X has a similiar CPU to the PS4 Pro, it's a bit better but not enough to hit 60 FPS on CPU heavy games just like the Pro. There may be some examples where you do get a noticeable difference for example Dark Souls III is uncapped FPS on Pro and it can't hit 60, it hangs around 40-50. The XBOX One X might have the edge to get it to 50-60 FPS. Same story for FFXV game with uncapped FPS you will get better performance on the XBOX.

Hopefully things change and the devs wake up and realise console players are not stupid and should get options between frame rate and shiny graphics, hell make shiny mode default and just give us a damn choice on how we want to play the damn game, First person shooters suck at 30 you would think Bungie of all people would know that but apparently not. 

Exactly this is the issue i am worried about.. i am not the great writer but you just wrote what i was having in my mind..hopefully we might get 1080p 60 fps on scorpio just like gtx 970 has done.. its an old card but still delivers 1080p 60 fps.. for majority of games on highest setting

Multiplayer games on console (like the Destiny example) are always going to be fps constrained by the less powerful sibling in their respective ecosystem. If the One S or PS4 can't deliver 60fps then you will never see XBOX or Pro at 60 as it would give those players a massive advantage in PvP and poor experience in co-op with base console owners. The option for devs would be to use dynamic resolution for the S or PS4 to target fps rather than resolution [as has been done] but many want to achieve the best fidelity possible on the the base consoles as these have by far the largest install base.

The other issue is that many games are programmed, and capped, for 30fps and the game logic or frame pacing will break if pushed higher [example Dark Souls on PC]. I don't see how XBOX can run all games at a min of 1080p 60 without devs issuing patches... and we have seen how that went with the Pro... Boost mode is great to have as a back up but it just stabilizes fps unless the game runs uncapped. Also, as already mentioned both Pro and XBOX are massively CPU constrained relative to GPU which limits fps in favour of resolution. In my view its only when the PS5 etc get released with improved next gen CPUs that we will see 60fps consistently. 

No. Xbox One X will very much be in the same spot the Pro is currently in. Games that don't run at native 1080p on Xbox One S and the PS4 slim will run at native 1080p and will likely offer more stable frame-rates (which is very different from higher frame-rates).

When it comes to native 4K neither of these systems have the horsepower to pull it off. Xbox One X gets closer to native 4K then the Pro does, but neither of these systems will be delivering native 4K for the vast majority of third party triple A titles. Basically Phil Spencer pretty much lied about the whole "True 4K" bs.

It appears that Mark Cerny's assessment that you need at least 8 teraflops of power to run a game at Native 4K is true. Phil Spencer's bullshit aside it's really not all that surprising that these are the result we will be getting from Xbox One X. We need to keep in mind that high end PCs are still struggling to run the latest and greatest third party titles at native 4K. 

Edited by Ratchet

9 hours ago, Ratchet said:

No. Xbox One X will very much be in the same spot the Pro is currently in. Games that don't run at native 1080p on Xbox One S and the PS4 slim will run at native 1080p and will likely offer more stable frame-rates (which is very different from higher frame-rates).

When it comes to native 4K neither of these systems have the horsepower to pull it off. Xbox One X gets closer to native 4K then the Pro does, but neither of these systems will be delivering native 4K for the vast majority of third party triple A titles. Basically Phil Spencer pretty much lied about the whole "True 4K" bs.

It appears that Mark Cerny's assessment that you need at least 8 teraflops of power to run a game at Native 4K is true. Phil Spencer's bullshit aside it's really not all that surprising that these are the result we will be getting from Xbox One X. We need to keep in mind that high end PCs are still struggling to run the latest and greatest third party titles at native 4K. 

Very correct.. but i love the way these people lie.. everyone knows that 4k 60 fps is impossible.. may be 1 or two game will come out.. and thats the first thing they say.. and feel no remorse.. hell man.. it hurts to see people can lie with so much confidence in front of billions of people.. especially after knowing that truth will be revealed sooner or later.. they boasted a lot about ps4 pro.. higher frame rates bla bla.. yes we are getting higher frame rates.. now from stable 30 to unstable 40 when not capped and smoother 30 where capped..well its smoother 30 on already smooth games i am afraid though.. the games like jc3.. where high drops are there.. well its again 20 to 25.. 25 to 28.. and 28 to 30.. thats what we are getting for extra 300 odd dollars.. thats awesome.. i wanted to buy ps4 pro.. so glad didnot.. thinking of buying xbox x.. but yeah ps4 pro taught the lesson.. wait.. xbox x can be awesome.. and if it can do good 60fps on 1080p.. with devs putting effort in doing so.. i will definately buy it.. frankly speaking if it can run just cause 3 at stable 30 fps.. i will still buy it.. if it cant well.. there needs to be some waiting done.. gtx 970 can easily do almost 60 fps on this game..  and it 4 teraflop card.. hell yeah they have to ruin it all with 4k stuff.. and they ruin it this way that 4.2 tera flop cant run the game at 30 fps in case of ps4 pro

Edited by aditya319