What is this game?

Sora

4 hours ago, Sora said:

I never heard of it, the trophies looks good and all but how is the gameplay? and where's the trailer?

Going by the PEGI classification it is made by Tikipod Ltd.
However looking at their website there is a game called Iron Fisticle which is on steam and it looks like the same artwork as the trophy title. So it could be the same game with a new name or a similar game in the series.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is some information about the game. I expect a price around $9.99 (probably €9.99 in most European countries): https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/07/05/smash-tv-gauntlet-inspired-medieval-twin-stick-shooter-iron-crypticle-fires-onto-ps4-this-month/

It seems oldskool, but if it's fun, than it seems worth a try. Someone allready has got the Platinum, so at least that's possible. Not sure how hard it is with the rooms never being the same.

Edited by ConAir
The url was missing in action

It's a lot of fun, if you like old school games. It plays like original Gauntlet but with other games inspiration like Enter the Gungeon. The more i play it's becoming my favorite old school indie PS4 game. My only small deception is it's not on Vita.

Trophy wise they does'nt seem too hard so far of what i've experience with the game.

Edited by HeLLeVeN11
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, HeLLeVeN11 said:

It's a lot of fun, if you like old school games. It plays like original Gauntlet but with other games inspiration like Enter the Gungeon. The more i play it's becoming my favorite old school indie PS4 game. My only small deception is it's not on Vita.

Trophy wise they does'nt seem too hard so far of what i've experience with the game.

It might come to the Vita. Dev said maybe. Tikipod does have a few Vita ports, hopeful.

There already an achiever for the game, it very possible. At least you only have to play on hard for one level.

19 hours ago, lordzeze said:

Is this a hard game like most old school games?

Average difficulty 4/10, though having a lot of fun. Just need to keep up the eat rate ( 100*8), easy to do. Keep the meter up getting coins and items. The longer 100*8 ratio gets, you get stat drops. You can buy stat drops and scrolls/weapons from shop rooms. 

@cornshaq destroyed the game (completed in less than 3 hours). If you are into old school games, you would probably do well.

No online co-op (though shareplay works, was able to get a friend to play with me for a bit). If you have some local buddies or one shareplay friend. It will make it easier to complete.

3 hours or less in skilled hands. 4-6 hands for average.  

Edited by Kishnabe

7 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Average difficulty 4/10, though having a lot of fun. Just need to keep up the eat rate ( 100*8), easy to do. Keep the meter up getting coins and items. The longer 100*8 ratio gets, you get stat drops. You can buy stat drops and scrolls/weapons from shop rooms. 

@cornshaq destroyed the game (completed in less than 3 hours). If you are into old school games, you would probably do well.

No online co-op (though shareplay works, was able to get a friend to play with me for a bit). If you have some local buddies or one shareplay friend. It will make it easier to complete.

3 hours or less in skilled hands. 4-6 hands for average.  

I'm not good at old school games so I normally avoid them. I'm playing 8Days now and I can't even beat the miniboss on the 2nd level on easy. But if its easy like Blasting Agent then I shouldn't have any problems.

@cornshaq review is actually what got me interested in the game in the first place.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Munkian have you tried Rogue Legacy? It's not exactly the same... but it's what reminded me of while I started playing through it last night. Rogue Legacy is going through a castle, all the rooms are randomly generated (like this one). WAY more difficult, but it's fun for sure. Check it out if you feel so inclined. :)

• 4 years later...

Don't mean to necro this, but would like to share impressions for this one. Good solid little dungeon-y game.

Liked the gameplay and its feel, quite some variety with weapons, parchments, the B.O.N.U.S. and rainbow specials. Map is set but rooms are random, most of them are normal, but you can find special 'set' rooms, like playing in a graveyard, or catacombs etc, or even a room where you get to play a mini platform adventure (amazing xD). Interesting approach that you only can play 4 levels, and then unlock the other 2 (good for replayability to be fair).

Everything was pretty easy to find concerning trophies, just playing the game and things were popping left and right. Only tough thing was to get and kill the 6th boss, finally did it (thank you invulnerability parchment - if you find it around 5th floor, just keep it till the 6th boss, it's almost a guarantee to win).

Was fun to play, enjoyed platting that one.

Edited by Rejim
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just earned this platinum.

The sixth and final boss will be the 'make it or break it' moment for the platinum. You can't get to her initially, you have to finish the game on New Game, which consists of four floors with various rooms, and then start again on New Game Plus. NG+ includes a miniboss room (on floors 2, 4 & 6), and two new bosses including the Phantom.

Getting enough 100x8 multipliers to have a chance of an upgrade is crucial. I had near max damage on my stats when I reached the Phantom and she still cost me a few credits. Thankfully I played good enough to not lose any credits before the Phantom boss, so I did all six floors without using a credit. I quickly went through four credits during the encounter, would of lost another but I had one sliver of health when I beat her. When you use a credit you start with only three bars of health, so it's important to get more health when you can.

Iron Crypticle is pretty okayish. Not too easy, not too hard, just about the right difficulty for a lot of gamers. It's a retro inspired shmup, with a western appeal as this doesn't have any of that crazy difficulty and insane stuff a lot of Japanese shmups got.