"Storyteller" Not Unlocking

RyokuHD

Someone tell me why "Storyteller" isn't unlocking...

I've sealed every world, including 100 Acre Wood, Olympus Coliseum, and Atlantica. Also, I beat the Hades cup, and even beat Hades a second time, nothing. I even have the gold mark next to chronicles, and it doesn't unlock, no matter how many times I look at it. 

Any suggestions?

I think there's something you gotta do in the Hades Cup too. Mine at least didn't unlock before 11 min before I beat the Hades Cup, and I assume it took me more than 11 min to do that, so can be some event there that must be included.

Edited by MMDE

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I think there's something you gotta do in the Hades Cup too. Mine at least didn't unlock before 11 min before I beat the Hades Cup, and I assume it took me more than 11 min to do that, so can be some event there that must be included.

39 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Have you entered the End of the World area?

@Mesopithecus

Yes.

I finished the whole game already. I was thinking it would pop up, when I reach the very final save point...but nothing happened.

@MMDE

Hmmm...Maybe. I will definitely give the Hades cup another try, from the very beginning.

https://www.supercheats.com/guides/kingdom-hearts/jiminys-journal

You can see the final story entries there, so you'll know what you're missing! :D 

As for the Hades Cup:

"Hades plotted to destroy Sora and Hercules, but failed. First, Cloud failed to carry out his orders, then Cerberus was defeated. But Hades did not give up on his goal—to rule the worlds as the king of darkness. He hosted the Hades Cup to deal with Sora personally. Overcoming tough trials, Sora and Company defeated Hades."

So a final entry there is for defeating Hades in the Hades Cup. Hades is however not the final opponent in the cup, he's at 11th seed or something.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/20723

^ You can see that there. So it makes sense the journal entry popped 11 mins before completing Hades Cup for me. :) 

Just now, MMDE said:

https://www.supercheats.com/guides/kingdom-hearts/jiminys-journal

You can see the final story entries there, so you'll know what you're missing! :D 

As for the Hades Cup:

"Hades plotted to destroy Sora and Hercules, but failed. First, Cloud failed to carry out his orders, then Cerberus was defeated. But Hades did not give up on his goal—to rule the worlds as the king of darkness. He hosted the Hades Cup to deal with Sora personally. Overcoming tough trials, Sora and Company defeated Hades."

So a final entry there is for defeating Hades in the Hades Cup. Hades is however not the final opponent in the cup, he's at 11th seed or something.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/20723

^ You can see that there. So it makes sense the journal entry popped 11 mins before completing Hades Cup for me. :) 

Is it possible, that I have to beat Hades cup alone? Because I never did that. I only did it the first time around. But I do that that exact entry of Olympus though. 

1 minute ago, FriedRyce said:

Is it possible, that I have to beat Hades cup alone? Because I never did that. I only did it the first time around. But I do that that exact entry of Olympus though. 

Did you check the link to make sure you had the exact entries for all the other places too?

1 minute ago, FriedRyce said:

No dice.

Looks like my only option now is to start a new game on the easiest difficulty, and speedrun through everything. Super bummed though.

You need to speedrun the game anyway, or at least play it through 3 times! :D 

Edited by MMDE

Just now, MMDE said:

You need to speedrun the game anyway, or at least play it through 3 times! :D 

Well, technically, the game can be now completed in 1 playthru. Assuming that you play on Proud Mode, don't change your equipment, and can run through it all in 15 hours. Which is possible, if by the skin of your teeth. 

2 minutes ago, FriedRyce said:

Well, technically, the game can be now completed in 1 playthru. Assuming that you play on Proud Mode, don't change your equipment, and can run through it all in 15 hours. Which is possible, if by the skin of your teeth. 

Oh, you play the PS4 version? Yeah, that version has a lot of issues.

Pro tip: save in different slots sometimes. Costs you so little, and can save your ass down the line. Applies to most RPGs.

Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Oh, you play the PS4 version? Yeah, that version has a lot of issues.

Pro tip: save in different slots sometimes. Costs you so little, and can save your ass down the line. Applies to most RPGs.

Yeah. I bought the PS4 version like 3 days ago. I also have the original HD on PS3 platted xD. KH is one of favorite games. As is FF7 and 10. I will keep buying them no matter how many times Square decide to release em haha.

I don't know if you still need help, but I can say that all of the Cups in the Colosseum count as mini-games in the journal, including the Sora-solo and Time Trial Runs. You said you hadn't done one yet so that may take care of it. Also, there's the Vine Jump mini-game in Deep Jungle that can be easily overlooked.