First vs last impressions

So I've beaten it and other than a couple of tricky requirements not a bad game. It's not my favorite but it was fun to play. 

First: with lots of room to explore and content to play with. I had hours of fun playing this and I love all of my favorite Dragon Quest monsters always making the DQ universe so diverse.

Last: Besides some minor annoying side quests this game was really good. I feel like the team at Square Enix really put some meaningful heart and soul into this game. Plus the trophies weren't that hard so I mildly enjoyed it through and through.

4/5

What did you guys think? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

game is very good, and run smooth on Vita,

but time challenges is pain =(

seriously 12 min/day, why not 24

you barely have time to mine required resources

and there is no button to zoom-in/out camera (or am i missing something?)

and the Music could be much better with their(SQEX) talents

overall 3.5/5 (PSV)

• 2 years later...

I had quite a strange experience with it.

Started playing it, thought it was adorable, thoroughly enjoyed the 1st campaign, but then I felt disillusioned when I had to give up what I had built and move on to a totally new chapter. I know it makes sense storywise but I really wanted to see my town last and grow in the long haul. I stopped playing halfway through Chapter 2, left if for 6+ months, and then came back a week ago focused to get out of the D ranking and platinum it, found a great guide, blasted through, and enjoyed my time with it even though I was following a guide. It made it more streamlined and less wondrous but I still enjoyed it? I really want to try out DQB2 since it seems like an upgrade of this game in every plausible way - curious to see if that's really where I'll fall in love with it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I had quite a strange experience with it.

Started playing it, thought it was adorable, thoroughly enjoyed the 1st campaign, but then I felt disillusioned when I had to give up what I had built and move on to a totally new chapter. I know it makes sense storywise but I really wanted to see my town last and grow in the long haul. I stopped playing halfway through Chapter 2, left if for 6+ months, and then came back a week ago focused to get out of the D ranking and platinum it, found a great guide, blasted through, and enjoyed my time with it even though I was following a guide. It made it more streamlined and less wondrous but I still enjoyed it? I really want to try out DQB2 since it seems like an upgrade of this game in every plausible way - curious to see if that's really where I'll fall in love with it. 

I had a similar experience but without the 6 month break. giving up everything was always sad and I know there is an endless mode but after receiving the plat I was too burned out for it. I would still recommend it, but imo the plat had just the wrong requirements to make it enjoyable for trophy hunters. if you are not interested in the trophies you might have a better time with it idk

• 9 months later...