Platinum Race of Pride: The Sinful Race of Greed - July 2017 ~ July 2018

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Thanks for the support, Dragon! :D Already traded in $40 of my cash I got from Dad(who paid me an extra $60 which was going to be for selling junk at the local farmer's market - his cracked rib is torturing him so he isn't up to hawking pickles :( ) for PSN money so I am downloading a lot of stuff. Problem is, I bought the starter pack for FFXIV on sale but I was wondering if starting up the free trial automatically updates to the starter pack so it becomes legit. If that's the case I can't even start up the game for fear of accidentally causing trophies to start popping.

Not a big deal, they have a lot of games on sale so I purchased a digital copy of Ratchet and Clank (the remake) for $8 and the Dark Arcana game from Artifex Mundi so I have two games I know I can plat quickly so I will be unable to play any more FFXIV this week. Also looking in games like Catateral Damage and whatnot.

9 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Thanks for the support, Dragon! :D Already traded in $40 of my cash I got from Dad(who paid me an extra $60 which was going to be for selling junk at the local farmer's market - his cracked rib is torturing him so he isn't up to hawking pickles :( ) for PSN money so I am downloading a lot of stuff. Problem is, I bought the starter pack for FFXIV on sale but I was wondering if starting up the free trial automatically updates to the starter pack so it becomes legit. If that's the case I can't even start up the game for fear of accidentally causing trophies to start popping.

Not a big deal, they have a lot of games on sale so I purchased a digital copy of Ratchet and Clank (the remake) for $8 and the Dark Arcana game from Artifex Mundi so I have two games I know I can plat quickly so I will be unable to play any more FFXIV this week. Also looking in games like Catateral Damage and whatnot.

Since you're buying games from the sale and you're the fan favorite to win I have an offer to make with you. Mamorukun Curse is currently on sale for $2 and I'm willing to give you a $20 PSN gift card if you're able to plat it before I do. It's an UR so it'll be great for the race as well. Sound like a deal? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Since you're buying games from the sale and you're the fan favorite to win I have an offer to make with you. Mamorukun Curse is currently on sale for $2 and I'm willing to give you a $20 PSN gift card if you're able to plat it before I do. It's an UR so it'll be great for the race as well. Sound like a deal? 

? (Hoo boy...)

I already spent all of the PSN cash right now, but if the sale doesn't end tomorrow, I will try to purchase that game ASAP. I still have enough money to buy another $20 card and, if need be, I'll take the holy hike down to my local Gamestop to get a $10 PSN card. But sure, I'll see what I can do.

Edited by MidnightCJ

Just now, MidnightCJ said:

1f630.png (Hoo boy...)

I already spent all of the PSN cash right now, but if the sale continues for a week I will try to purchase that game ASAP. I still have enough money to buy another $20 card and, if need be, I'll take the holy hike down to my local Gamestop to get a $10 PSN card. But sure, I'll see what I can do.

The sale lasts for two weeks so you should have plenty of time :D.

10 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

The sale lasts for two weeks so you should have plenty of time :D.

Just double-checked... it's PS3 exclusive, so I can't play the game, I tossed my PS3 in the trash aeons ago. :(

I should have been more specific about the games I can play - PS4 or Vita only, at least until I get a used PS3 for my birthday, since they are still high in demand. Sorry, Kent. :facepalm:

(Yes, I know PS3 games can be streamed on PS Now, but I don't think I could plat the game in six days of the free trial and I think you have to pay a ton of cash for a sub.)

Edited by MidnightCJ

Just double-checked... it's PS3 exclusive, so I can't play the game, I tossed my PS3 in the trash aeons ago. :(

(Yes, I know PS3 games can be streamed on PS Now, but I don't think I could plat the game in six days of the free trial.)

Well in that case, how about Rogue Legacy. That's on sale as well and is for the PS4 and Vita. :D

:stalker:

Well, it looks like I won't be having any head start in this race, guys. I got a court order to stand jury duty on July 1st.

Nah, j/k, but when I called up my Dad to chat, he said "Hey, you know what, I'm not dead YET!" (Monty Python reference) and so I'm going to be sweating in the sunshade for at least six hours hawking tons of pickles and candy with him so I won't be able to earn any PS4 trophies on the first day. So that means you guys get even MORE of an advantage! I'll be relegated to Vita games for the time being so chances are the first platinum in this race is the Adventure Time game I got for $0.99 on the Vita because it's a Summer Backlog title.

And what's worse - I probably won't get any more cash because I was paid in advance.

:jaymon::comp:

(Yes, I could tell him to suck a chocobo egg, but [1] I've already pissed him off as a teen and young adult to be sent to the BAD PLACE, he's very easy to upset even in old age [2] blood is thicker than water and [3] he paid me in advance so I have an obligation. :( )

Edited by MidnightCJ

7 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

:stalker:

Well, it looks like I won't be having any head start in this race, guys. I got a court order to stand jury duty on July 1st.

Nah, j/k, but when I called up my Dad to chat, he said "Hey, you know what, I'm not dead YET!" (Monty Python reference) and so I'm going to be sweating in the sunshade for at least six hours hawking tons of pickles and candy with him so I won't be able to earn any PS4 trophies on the first day. So that means you guys get even MORE of an advantage! I'll be relegated to Vita games for the time being so chances are the first platinum in this race is the Adventure Time game I got for $0.99 on the Vita because it's a Summer Backlog title.

And what's worse - I probably won't get any more cash because I was paid in advance.

:jaymon::comp:

This is why we said you should be saving your platinums. If you had been, you would've had such a big lead on us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

This is why we said you should be saving your platinums. If you had been, you would've had such a big lead on us. 

I do have a few games I could give the Platinum Rain Day treatment on and be ready to pop when I get back home(I won't be out all day, just until the afternoon, I was out until 2:30 PM last month), all of them I just downloaded, but they aren't very rare.

I do have a few games I could give the Platinum Rain Day treatment on and be ready to pop when I get back home(I won't be out all day, just until the afternoon, I was out until 2:30 PM last month), all of them I just downloaded, but they aren't very rare.

Every point counts ;).

2 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Have mercy! That's a really clever tactic, I wonder if the other competitors are as worried about your tactical prowess as I am. You are off to a good start for sure ?

• Like 4

Just now, Andrea said:

Have mercy! That's a really clever tactic, I wonder if the other competitors are as worried about your tactical prowess as I am. You are off to a good start for sure 1f628.png

Oops, sorry, I should have kept it a secret so I could pop the surprise on you all this Saturday. xD

But I'm sure you guys have your own tricks up your sleeve and I can't wait to see them in the coming month. ;)

24 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

(Yes, I could tell him to suck a chocobo egg, but [1] I've already pissed him off as a teen and young adult to be sent to the BAD PLACE, he's very easy to upset even in old age 

Sounds harsh, you must have been a real rapscallion to be sent to the BAD PLACE.

Good luck with your Vita endeavors though (Oh, and the pickle/candy hawking)

• Like 4

Less than 24 hours before the race officially begins! From now on I am going to be keeping my plans private to avoid any remarks and possible route changes to cut me off. (Yes, I did spoil the platinums I will be popping in the next few days, but you won't see all of what I have to offer! I may be playing many more games than you think! ^_^)

5 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

It begins...

Gimme a sec...

1Le32c6c.png
Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Earned: July 1, 2017; 12:36 AM
Rarity: 61.64%

Current Score: 38.36

Yeah, I know I'll get laughed at for being an "Artifex Detective" and this is really eh, but as Sun Tzu said aeons ago, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ;)

To soothe your ills, let me say that this is the last game I will be playing under the Mundi moniker for a while - the company takes its sweet time coming out with more titles and I have platinumed every game from them that came out on the PS4 in current circulation. I have other games on the burner and will get them to platinum soon, but right now I am, after taking a oversleep, working on FFXIV to start earning trophies there. I am going to focus on that and another game Kent and I agreed on racing personally so I need to walk to my local GameStop to get the money to buy that game.

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I don't think this will be enough to beat @MidnightCJ's master plan but I'm gonna try!

:platinum: #48-Broken Age 

1Laf72a5.png

Rarity: 6.09%

:platinum: #49-Band Hero

1L713bb9.png

Rarity: 3.61%

:platinum: #50-Kingdom Hearts

1L4b3cdd.png
Rarity: 6.55%

I don't know how many plats you have prepped CJ but with the way you've been talking I wouldn't be surprised if you shot up to first place. I hope this will be enough to get even half of your score.

You're off to a pretty good start. ^_^ And Kent, I'll be playing Vita version of THAT GAME since I need more Vita titles, jes saying.

Edited by MidnightCJ

1 hour ago, Shana Alter said:

I wasn't expecting everybody to have platinums all setup ready damn last place may have been decided already but I am not going down without trying to fight...

Qh8e5HI.png

Well, you have some time. I had planned on getting a second platinum but one trophy is so heavy on RNG that it may be impossible to get. :(

That means I have to move other games up. I have to go to bed now because I spent four hours on that stupid time trial trophy! And that means I won't be able to earn any more platinums for a couple of days because I'll be very busy on FFXIV. I love cats, but my gawd, that game on cats had a stupid trophy. ?

8 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Well, you have some time. I had planned on getting a second platinum but one trophy is so heavy on RNG that it may be impossible to get. :(

That means I have to move other games up. I have to go to bed now because I spent four hours on that stupid time trial trophy! And that means I won't be able to earn any more platinums for a couple of days because I'll be very busy on FFXIV. I love cats, but my gawd, that game on cats had a stupid trophy. 1f63e.png

It is far from impossible to get. Time Trial actually glitched on me the first time I did it, so I had to do it a second time, but I still got it done. Considering you still don't have the trophy for doing 50 Objective Levels, I at least recommend trying to get it while you still have that left. Also keep in mind that you can search for bonus level keys after getting the objective done, so you don't have to worry about missing the key. I also recommend practicing the Holiday level in Litterbox mode if possible just to make sure you know the level so you can get the trophy easier.

IIt's an annoying trophy, but it's more than possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wdog-999 said:

It is far from impossible to get. Time Trial actually glitched on me the first time I did it, so I had to do it a second time, but I still got it done. Considering you still don't have the trophy for doing 50 Objective Levels, I at least recommend trying to get it while you still have that left. Also keep in mind that you can search for bonus level keys after getting the objective done, so you don't have to worry about missing the key. I also recommend practicing the Holiday level in Litterbox mode if possible just to make sure you know the level so you can get the trophy easier.

It's an annoying trophy, but it's more than possible.

I already got the Catastrophe trophy and passed 50 Objective Levels but thanks for the support. I'll try it a bit each day until it either happens or doesn't, limiting to two hours attempt each day - I have two more games I need to work on and also starting my FFXIV adventure. ^_^