Platinum Race of Pride: The Sinful Race of Greed - July 2017 ~ July 2018

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I have plans to plat the rest of the series so hopefully they have more variety and aren't as tedious as the first game although it was an easy plat.

Yeah, I'm going to try to do a speed-run of Sly 2 from where I am at to get the remaining trophies(stopping only for loot to pay for the moves) - however, I might just save it for Platinum Rain Day #5 - I know it's a bit early but I'm already thinking about making a list for Dragon-Archon's event when he announces it. I know that the Platinum Rain means I will have ten games I cannot get the final trophy on until a certain day, but it'll be for the best.

Well, first off, a new platinum on this account:

1L47212f.png
LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)
Earned:
September 1, 2017

Rarity: 26.65% (uncommon)

Another LEGO platinum. However, I have accepted my role in this race as the loser who makes everyone else look good. ;)

Although I am now going to enter Dragon-Archon's next Platinum Rain Day which requires you to earn 99% in at least 10 games so by that deadline I'll pop 10 platinum trophies at once, and three of the games are pretty rare...

I do admit that I am not being as diligent about my account as possible but i am still playing games on it.

So I am not sure why I am sextuple-posting and violating all sorts of Terms of Service by redundant posts but the other racers must really be busy on their ultra rare plats to add a new notch to their belt, so... another platinum!

1L4856dd.png
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
Earned August 4, 2017 - 63.70% Common

Another Artifex Mundi game. I would have bought it when it came out but I was at the dentist at the day of release and I was busy working on the last platinum so yeah...

I don't care how much flak I get, I love playing games by this company as the stories are enthralling. I highly recommend them. Oh, and Eventide's sequel is coming out later this month.

• 2 weeks later...

I am switching accounts for this race. After discussion with Kent and Andrea, they have agreed to let me use my newest account(MysticjMax) for the race on two conditions:

1. I let them choose which three games (out of a list I provide) will be the ones I use for my double-point titles.
  2. I also have to start from scratch so I can't use any of the platinums I have earned on this account.

I'll be switching to my new forum account soon.

• 2 weeks later...

After a resounding victory in the THTL That Andrea & Rach totally didn't carry me to, it's time for me to finally update you guys with my new platinums ?. Hopefully this will help jog CJ's memory as to who that guy in second place is 297921391787900929.png:

:platinum: #91: Wheels of Auroria

1Lb3b0af.png

Rarity: 60.05%

:platinum: #92: Adam's Boring Venture Origins

1L1f0168.png

Rarity: 84.87%

:platinum: #93: Eventide: Slavic Fable

1Lb42a1c.png

Rarity: 84.28%

:platinum: #94: Truck Racer (From this point onwards the plats shouldn't be very trashy):

1L33efde.png

Rarity: 35.37%

:platinum: #95: Murdered: Soul Suspect

1L09924a.png

Rarity: 39.66%

:platinum: #96: Starwhal

1Lc02e62.png

Rarity: 1.26%

:platinum: #97: NCAA Football 11

1Lfad7e0.png

Rarity: 3.46%

:platinum: #98: Life is Strange (PS3) (Good Luck seeing it)

1L6b6c58.png

Rarity: 40.39%

:platinum: #99: Day of the Tentacle Remastered

1Lf4cd41.png

Rarity: 43.24%

:platinum: #100: Dragon Ball Xenoverse

1L877ec2.png

Rarity: 4.62%

:platinum: #101: LittleBigPlanet 3

1L8dfde9.png

Rarity: 2.58%

• Like 4

All right, even though I might earn another platinum by the end of the month, I'll put down the platinums that I have earned after I switched accounts. These are on my current account as we agreed one - all of the platinums I earned from the beginning of this race on my old account are null and void. Yes, this will really crimp my race, and I have a new house to paint, but hey, I thrive on challenge! :D (All games are on PS4 but I did relink my Vita to this account and once I have refreshed my money on Tuesday I will have some cash to repurchased some titles.)

• 1S48153b.png #24: LEGO MARVEL Avengers (31.06% Uncommon)
  • 1Sf39322.png #25: Dragon Quest Builders (13.20% Rare)
  • 1S7c69a4.png #26: Her Majesty's SPIFFING (93.58% Common)
  • 1Sd358dc.png #27: The Little Acre (81.87% Common)
  • 1S12f478.png #28: Deponia (57.81% Common)
  • 1Sc693e4.png #29: The Book of Uncommon Tales (34.89% Uncommon)
  • 1S4aaccb.png #30: Ratchet and Clank (30.12% Uncommon)
  • 1S452b1e.png #31: Goosebumps the Game (73.17% Common)

Games I am working on:

• Buff Knight Advanced
  • LEGO Marvel Superheroes

The reason I have so many common trophies is because I had those games on my other accounts and wanted to get those out of the pool. That's not to say I am going to be playing nothing but kiddie games. Also, I got #31 because Goosebumps is a Halloween-theme game and I wanted to have #31 be a Halloweeny game as a nod to that holiday. ^_^?

After a pretty successful month due to the THTL, I met my goal of 15 plats for the month and plan to hit it again in October.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back -12.47% The N. Credible Crash Bandicoot!

Crash Bandicoot: Warped - 14.24% 1S2e5197.png

Murdered: Soul Suspect - 39.62% 1S120bf9.png

Undertale - 55.08% 1S66d0e9.png

Resogun - 11.29% 1Sf5412a.png

Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power - 58.91% 1Sfe0cca.png

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink - 88.03% 1Sf970b5.png

Hitamn GO - 70.57% 1S740aa6.png

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek - 80.54% 1Sccd8f0.png

Lara Croft GO - 78.32% 1S87d7ef.png

Super Exploding Zoo - 14.92% 1S5a61ed.png

Minecraft - 11.21% 1S6e5f78.png

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - 22.80% 1Se3657b.png

God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 37.27% 1Sab2647.png

Root Letter - 55.68% 1Sae36f3.png

I believe this should bring me into third place. I know you're extremely busy for the next couple of months and are on a new account @MysticjMax but I hope you have a plan to catch up. You don't want to end up in dead last. Any ideas for UR games that you plan on doing?

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

Any ideas for UR games that you plan on doing?

Maybe. Those are some nice games you completed. Right now I am taking a bit of a break after platinuming LEGO Marvel Superheroes. That game is cancer and I hope they go with what they did with LEGO Marvel Avengers for Superheroes 2 because I got a game crash, several quests glitched out, and I was missing one race which was in a BS place out in the middle of Manhattan Bay and so high up I couldn't see it. ?

(I don't really think LEGO MARVEL Superheroes is as bad as a disease but the game's engine was pretty inferior compared to Avengers.)

If I have to catch up, I will swallow my pride and try to platinum The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, which I bought (and nearly cost me my food money - I am lucky to have nice parents :)) as it's a pretty addictive game. Yes, it's RNG The Game, but I can see why it's got a gigantic community. ^_^ Also, don't forget I do plan on playing those three games you chose for my 2x point titles.

I have nine months to get the platinums, but I will try to look up some rarer titles in October. ;)

Okay, got up some more platinums:

1L6f4311.png
#32: LEGO Marvel Superheroes (PS4)

Rarity: 20.12%

(I can see why this platinum is Uncommon - this game is CANCER with bad flying controls and easy missables. I had several issues with the game crashing on PS3 and when I did a race on PS4 it crashed again. Also one of the side missions involving Black Panther's sidekick glitched and the cat did not move when I found it. Maybe it was because I rented it and the last user scratched up the disc, but I was glad to ship it back. :()

1Led4d24.png
#33: Buff Knight Advanced
Rarity: 49.54%

Yes, it's a bad rarity, but I still love this game. It is quite a grind-fest however.

1Lcb2df6.png

#34: My Name is Mayo (Vita)

Rarity: 97.62%

And there goes a raindrop into my score. The only reason I did this as my first Vita game on this account was because I couldn't afford anything else and my rentals take a while to get to me. When I move addresses at year's end, I will have less of an issue.

1L051151.png

#35: Eventide 2 - Sorcerer's Mirror

Rarity: 74.18%

And I know you hate Artifex Mundi like the plague. (Well, not really. I let Kent borrow an old account so he could try out Clockwork Tales and Enigmatis.) Just be glad that they can only release a new port every month because I love these games to bits despite some of the issues. This game has a moral choice system where you can be nice or mean to a person at points.

I do promise that I will be killing my completion in November and adding more games with higher rarity. Whether I finish them is up to debate.

11 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

I do promise that I will be killing my completion in November and adding more games with higher rarity. Whether I finish them is up to debate.

I thought the reason for you starting this new account was so you could keep it as a 100% account.  Are you SURE you want to kill your completion?  Considering you have mentioned having an OCD about completion, it seems like it will just cause you unnecessary stress and anxiety and I wouldn't want you to have to start over again if you happen to load a game you can't complete on this account.

9 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I thought the reason for you starting this new account was so you could keep it as a 100% account.  Are you SURE you want to kill your completion?  Considering you have mentioned having an OCD about completion, it seems like it will just cause you unnecessary stress and anxiety and I wouldn't want you to have to start over again if you happen to load a game you can't complete on this account.

Well, that leaves me with two options:

• Play the games and suffering the stress to get the platinums. This includes The Binding of Isaac Rebirth.
  • Drop out of this race, and when I tried to do that, I got ?HOLY HELL? for that. The only way this would be feasible is if the other racers agreed to let me withdrawn without treating me like ? for doing so. Think of it as a priest being laicized by his superior and allowed to leave the priesthood instead of just dropping his duties and running off to Las Vegas and whoring it up there and thus being excommunicated by his superiors. (For the record, I am talking about a character from a book series I am going through.)

For the record, I am not confident of being anything but last place as I don't take trophy hunting as seriously as the others. I was invited to do this by Shana and I agreed but I might be regretting my decision. It would have been better just to refuse to take part and be treated badly from the outset instead of going all in. So either I get my game on like Judai Yuki or I just cut my losses. Either option means stress so I'm between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, to quote the phrase.

Edited by MysticjMax

15 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

Well, that leaves me with two options:

• Play the games and suffering the stress to get the platinums. This includes The Binding of Isaac Rebirth.
  • Drop out of this race, and when I tried to do that, I got 1f47f.pngHOLY HELL1f47f.png for that. The only way this would be feasible is if the other racers agreed to let me withdrawn without treating me like 1f4a9.png for doing so. Think of it as a priest being laicized by his superior and allowed to leave the priesthood instead of just dropping his duties and running off to Las Vegas and whoring it up there and thus being excommunicated by his superiors. (For the record, I am talking about a character from a book series I am going through.)

For the record, I am not confident of being anything but last place as I don't take trophy hunting as seriously as the others. I was invited to do this by Shana and I agreed but I might be regretting my decision. It would have been better just to refuse to take part and be treated badly from the outset instead of going all in. So either I get my game on like Judai Yuki or I just cut my losses. Either option means stress so I'm between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, to quote the phrase.

Why drop out just because you think you're gonna lose. Weren't you the one who said that you would win the race with games you like to play. You don't need to "kill your completion" to do so. 

We didn't treat you like crap for dropping out of the race. You overreacted at a joke that Andrea made and freaked out claiming that you were going to start a war against Shana and Andrea. 

When Shana asked you to do the race she specifically asked "Are you're not going to drop out" to which you replied with some witty phrase about how you'd never drop out. 

For the record, I think you should do some harder games because it will feel that much better when completing them. By locking yourself down to this account it'll give you even more incentive to finish the game. I plan on doing The Binding of Isaac myself later this year but don't plan on giving it up if I find it a little difficult along the way. But I also don't want you to start a 7th account if you don't finish it. 

So in short, I don't think you should drop out and you could tackle some harder games that you enjoy. Not games that other people try and get you to play. Stop thinking that the people in the race are going to crucify you if you lose or don't play a hard game. We're all nice people ?.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

We didn't treat you like crap for dropping out of the race. You overreacted at a joke that Andrea made and freaked out claiming that you were going to start a war against Shana and Andrea. 

Okay, you have a point. I do tend to over-react at the slightest thing. I thought you guys had a vendetta against me.

I promise not to drop out because of simple things like that. I don't plan on deluding myself with success as I know for a fact you guys take your games very seriously and I don't. All I care about is respect.

14 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I also don't want you to start a 7th account if you don't finish it. 

Don't worry, this will be my main account. I have my fun account planned for trying out stuff. ? Uhm, my old accounts. I didn't make another account just for fun... no, ignore the black cat behind the curtain, everyone! (Wizard of Oz reference fails hard.)

I do intend to tackle more time-intensive and more challenging games in the future now that I have my 35th platinum. Any games I intend to "kill my completion" with will be platinumed eventually. I promise not to over-react over simple things in the future.

Also, I am glad you are trying out Binding of Isaac Rebirth as that is a really fun rogue-like game. I have put that game on my last three accounts and just had fun unlocking secrets with it. So what if I get killed a zillion times? (My win streak will be at -999 forever once I unlock The Lost because oh gawd he dies in one hit, but then again I played a Shedinja in some Pokemon games, so I'm used to one-hit wonders.)

But if I do platinum this game on my 100% account, I plan on not getting Afterbirth and Afterbirth Plus until AFTER I get the platinum trophy because the DLC trophies are even MORE DIFFICULT. They added one new superboss in Afterbirth and an even meaner one in Plus.

Edited by MysticjMax

On 10/10/2017 at 0:32 AM, Shana Alter said:

Can MysticjMax do well now that he is in witness protection with all those unsavoury people searching for his previous identity MidnightCJ... ooops...

I don't mind. I just came back from painting what will be my future bedroom so I was not really into playing any games at the moment. By the way, for all you haters, see the game on my trophy card? Yep, The damn Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Anyone who has the platinum for that knows how much blood, sweat and tears I am willing to bleed to 100% this game... and I love every death I take in it. :P

I'd be more forward with you, but right now I am undercover at some night club performing magic tricks to uncover a rogue magician's agency and I can't afford to reveal myself too much lest they send hitmen to kill me. :D (Nah, I am joking but I wanted to see you react.)

Edited by MysticjMax

Resident Evil: 93.96 points

Uncharted Lost Legacy: 73.83 points

FIFA 18: 98.56 points x 2 = 197.12 total

Madden 18: 95.92 points

Mad Max: 90.59 points

Total: 551.42 + 3447.91 = 3999.33

Definitely have to get over 4k before the end of the month :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I last updated, but I finally got a couple more plats this week ?. Also seems that I forgot to post about Gal*Gun's plat last month but Shana already took care of that update, so this will just be the 2 that I earned this week:

:platinum: #103: Band Hero

1L713bb9.png

Rarity: 3.47%

:platinum: #104: Rock Band 4

1L43fb41.png

Rarity: 1.26%

• Like 3

I won't be earning any trophies this month. I am busy with my MMO and Pokemon Ultra Moon, which is coming out later. However, I have put up some games for the Winter Backlog challenge so I will be working on those next month.

EDIT: I can't buy any more new games... because my bank account was being bled dry due to me being an idiot and not canceling auto-new on both of the PS Now free trials I had planted, so they thought I wanted to sub and drained 21.64$ every month for three months. :facepalm:

Edited by MysticjMax

• 2 weeks later...

Another day, another platinum trophy on my quest to pass @Andrea and win this race. Been jumping around between games alot lately (even more than usual), but the plan now is to try and hit 70% completion before the end of the year (So I won't be starting any more new games till 2018). Anywho, here's my latest platinum:

:platinum: #105: Gravity Rush Remastered

1Lbfed98.png

Rarity: 28.18%

• Like 1