Game Breaking Bug (*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*)

ManifestDestinee

Just to warn people about a potential game breaking bug that I encountered while playing the PS4 version. After getting the airship, I played through to the last boss and warped out of the level to do some level grinding at Floeberg Waters. After grinding I came back out of the area, and the airship had disappeared. I tried reloading the save file numerous times, but it won't appear again. Just to warn you all, MAKE A BACKUP SAVE after getting the airship, or you could be screwed. I didn't make a backup save, so I wasted about 20-25 hours. Without the airship, you can't finish the game. Don't let this happen to you! Don't be foolish like me and expect auto-saves to fall back on! Just a warning people. Such a shame because this is truly a great game.

Edited by ManifestDestinee

someone on gamefaqs said this, not sure if it works though especially considering you already did try to reload it but you never know:

"Ps4. I actually got it back, but I had to reload my game approx 8 times before it popped back up."

Bubblyfishes yea, I tried reloading the file quite a bit to no avail. I did see that Gamefaqs post too. Seems like a rare glitch. Thanks for the heads up though. I wish they would have had an item to summon the airship, like a whistle or something, so that it comes to you. But oh well....

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

This happened to me but at Archimell Ruins. I also did some material farming for spritnites and went through the dungeon... ended up at the last bit where we battle the spritnite eaten Magicondas... went out via teleporter and realised the airship is gone. I remember this thread so I tried what you folks here suggested... made a NEW save, reloaded that save and nothing, airship is still gone...

However I've noticed the place was not familiar... but I did come out of Archimell Ruins... had an idea to go in and backtrack... came out of Archimell Ruins again and the AIRSHIP WAS THERE!  Turns out Archimell Ruins has got two entry/exit points - one from the Northern Frontier and the other end takes you to Gatherington.  Only now that I realise that this is also indicated in the map.  Could it be the same for others? Came out of the other exit perhaps?