War of the Chosen DLC announced

RNumbers

I still need to get the plat. I've done one playthrough (and got all the DLC trophies out at the time), but haven't come back to it. It was a great game, but didn't quite reach the levels of XCOM EU or EW for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bpmotard said:

WOW!!! 40€ for a DLC??? Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare had a LOT of stuff in that DLC, including a new 8h Campaign at it costs only 15€... I'm speechless with this...

Supposedly, there is enough content for it to have been XCOM 3. I guess the price reflects that. I broke down and bought it, but haven't played it yet. I'll report back when I have some impressions.

38 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Supposedly, there is enough content for it to have been XCOM 3. I guess the price reflects that. I broke down and bought it, but haven't played it yet. I'll report back when I have some impressions.

Thank you! I'll wait for your opinion and I'll check later some information about it :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2017 at 9:58 AM, bpmotard said:

Thank you! I'll wait for your opinion and I'll check later some information about it :)

OK, so over the past week I've finally started working on the DLC, and got them all done in about that time. You only need to do about a third of a playthrough for all the new trophies.

There is definitely a ton of new content, very well integrated and pretty polished. If you're an XCOM fan, it's worth $40, IMO.

That being said, I personally found there to be TOO MUCH content. It's very hectic, and this is coming from someone whose previous playthrough was for Exquisite Timing. Because of the fatigue meter and covert ops, you now need more soldiers available, and there are now essentially 8 classes (if you count the Sparks). Each soldier also has more options for skill training, bond level, etc., so it's a lot to juggle. Add in the Chosen appearances, more stuff popping up on the map before, research breakthroughs and inspirations, etc., and it can become pretty overwhelming. I'm glad I played on Veteran instead of Commander or Legend, haha.

It might be more relaxed if I wasn't concerned with the trophies, but I have a hard time imagining this game on Commander or Legend. I feel like a Chosen popping up unexpectedly in a mission could wreck your crew fast.

So lots of new stuff to do, but too much for a DLC in my opinion, as weird as that probably sounds. I'll probably go back to vanilla for my remaining trophies. Worth $40 for hardcore XCOM fans, for more casual players I'd recommend waiting for a sale.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 5:39 PM, RNumbers said:

OK, so over the past week I've finally started working on the DLC, and got them all done in about that time. You only need to do about a third of a playthrough for all the new trophies.

There is definitely a ton of new content, very well integrated and pretty polished. If you're an XCOM fan, it's worth $40, IMO.

That being said, I personally found there to be TOO MUCH content. It's very hectic, and this is coming from someone whose previous playthrough was for Exquisite Timing. Because of the fatigue meter and covert ops, you now need more soldiers available, and there are now essentially 8 classes (if you count the Sparks). Each soldier also has more options for skill training, bond level, etc., so it's a lot to juggle. Add in the Chosen appearances, more stuff popping up on the map before, research breakthroughs and inspirations, etc., and it can become pretty overwhelming. I'm glad I played on Veteran instead of Commander or Legend, haha.

It might be more relaxed if I wasn't concerned with the trophies, but I have a hard time imagining this game on Commander or Legend. I feel like a Chosen popping up unexpectedly in a mission could wreck your crew fast.

So lots of new stuff to do, but too much for a DLC in my opinion, as weird as that probably sounds. I'll probably go back to vanilla for my remaining trophies. Worth $40 for hardcore XCOM fans, for more casual players I'd recommend waiting for a sale.

Thank you for the feedback! I love XCOM but I'm a hardcore veteran player or anything like that, so I'll take your advice and I'll wait for a sale to get it, maybe for Christmas ahah :P