Beyond Good & Evil 2 not actually in development yet

ShadowStar83x

Even though they showed off a cinematic at E3, Ubisoft has revealed Beyond Good and Evil 2 hasn't even started development yet.

http://www.pcaficionado.com/2017/06/15/beyond-good-and-evil-2-announced-not-development-yet/

I can kinda see why they did this, yet part of me is wondering,"What the fuck?!" So will it be like FFXV and KH3 where we won't see it for like 10 years? Sincerely hope not, but may explain why they refused to confirm what it'll be on yet.

2 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Even though they showed off a cinematic at E3, Ubisoft has revealed Beyond Good and Evil 2 hasn't even started development yet.

http://www.pcaficionado.com/2017/06/15/beyond-good-and-evil-2-announced-not-development-yet/

I can kinda see why they did this, yet part of me is wondering,"What the fuck?!" So will it be like FFXV and KH3 where we won't see it for like 10 years? Sincerely hope not, but may explain why they refused to confirm what it'll be on yet.

They spent 3 years developing the solar system engine or something. Fair enough, but what about the 11 years before that! :( This is gonna be DNF all over again

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Well, it's been about 10 years already (14 if you want to count from the release of the first game). There were rumours of a sequel in 2007, and in 2008 there were screenshots and a trailer that used some Beyond Good & Evil assets. More stuff also appeared in 2009. Then it went dark until last year where it was hinted that the next game might be a prequel.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 10 years for this game to appear.

Edited by Stevieboy

Just now, Stevieboy said:

Well, it's almost been 10 years already (14 if you want to count from the release of the first game). There were rumours of a sequel in 2007, and in 2008 there were screenshots and a trailer that used some Beyond Good & Evil assets. More stuff also appeared in 2009. Then it went dark until last year where it was hinted that the next game might be a prequel.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 10 years for this game to appear.

OK, so hopefully we'll see it before it crosses the 20 year threshold. xD 

Oi... Wish that games shown at E3 were not just teases or games that'll come out sometime in the late future but actually games that are going to come out in the same year or next year max. Sony showed off a great deal of games but damn all of them or most are scheduled for 2018 and who is to say that they won't be delayed for 2019? 

Same case here for BGaE 2

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, poopooblast said:

Oi... Wish that games shown at E3 were not just teases or games that'll come out sometime in the late future but actually games that are going to come out in the same year or next year max. Sony showed off a great deal of games but damn all of them or most are scheduled for 2018 and who is to say that they won't be delayed for 2019? 

Same case here for BGaE 2

I think most of what Sony showed will arrive 2018, BGaE tho.. won't.

EDIT: But I'm totally down for what you said. It should be a thing to just show games that release within 2 years at max.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

Why do I feel like this game is going to be the next No Man's Sky? Sounds why too fucking ambitious especially for Ubisoft who are known for releasing very cookie cutter open world games. 

I enjoy some of their titles (Ironically the ones I enjoy from them are the cookie cutter open world games I mentioned earlier lol), but frankly I see major disappointment written all over this game and that's assuming the game ever comes out to begin with.

Edited by Ratchet

4 minutes ago, Ratchet said:

Why do I feel like this game is going to be the next No Man's Sky? Sounds why too fucking ambitious especially for Ubisoft who are known for releasing very cookie cutter open world games. 

I enjoy some of their titles (Ironically the ones I enjoy from them are the cookie cutter open world games I mentioned earlier lol), but frankly I see major disappointment written all over this game and that's assuming the game ever comes out to begin with.

That's not really fair, Ubisoft has tried to do a fair bit of innovating and mixing things up recently. One of the few big developers to embrace VR (two full games, a small game and a VR update for an existing game), they're changing up the Assassin's Creed formula a lot, Mario + Rabbids is not only mixing up their own comfort zone but Nintendo's as well... I think people aren't giving Ubisoft enough credit for what they're trying to do these days.

On Beyond itself... Don't think it will be the next No Man's Sky. The next Duke Nukem Forever, possibly.

I feel like this is one of those news stories that makes you want to roll back your eyes and say...

cqx5hBR.png

:P

I feel sorry for the Beyond Good and Evil fans. They have been toyed with for a decade, and now that they finally announce the game officially, it's revealed they haven't even been working on it all this time despite it being hinting over and over again that it is. I remember when they told people to buy Rayman Origins back in 2011 if they wanted Beyond Good and Evil 2. It's just manipulative. Oh, Ubisoft... ?

I was skeptical about trusting gaming sites like the OP link has provided. to me it seems like another 'game' news site where they just make an article about what a random rumour a user said in the comments. 

Heres a video showing a very early gameplay of the game, guess the Topic title should be changed since its misleading??

Edited by Kyl542

It's not like Michel Ancel was making other games in those years since the first showing of Beyond Good & Evil 2...oh wait, he was. Ubisoft Montpellier (the studio who developed the first game) has released a few games in that timeframe, including two Rayman titles, From Dust, ZombiU and Valiant Hearts. Granted, i don't know how many of those Ancel has actually worked on, but it's safe to say he had his hands in the two Rayman games at least.