Syncing Trophies Question

KRATOS_31090

Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

I don't think so.Can a trophy pop while you are not playing the game? Perhaps the plat will pop when you start the game and all trophies are synced

I think it wouldn't pop on screen at all. My theory is that once you sync it will just add to your total and show 100% for the game. The timestamp would most likely be the time you synced because both consoles haven't been updated to know what the other console already unlocked.

1 minute ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

I think it wouldn't pop on screen at all. My theory is that once you sync it will just add to your total and show 100% for the game. The timestamp would most likely be the time you synced because both consoles haven't been updated to know what the other console already unlocked.

You might be right.I remembered this thread

On 6/16/2017 at 7:58 AM, KRATOS_31090 said:

If someone obtains 50% of the trophies on 1 PS3 and doesn't sync then obtains the other 50% of the trophies on another PS3 then syncs both consoles what would the platinum timestamp be?

Would the timestamp be the time you sync?

I very well doubt you can get 50% on one and not get those same trophies on the other PS3 while attempting the other 50%. That being said, if you only completed half the trophies on one PS3 and synced, and platted the game on another PS3 without having signed in (so your trophies aren't downloaded), I would assume your 2nd trophy stamps would take precedence and replace the former's timestamps -- at least that's the case in DLCs anyway. Like if someone platted a game on one PS3, but went onto another PS3 to do the DLC trophies without signing into your PSN yet (so gamesharing), while also platting the game, those new stamps would replace the old ones. Just my theory anyway. 

8 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I very well doubt you can get 50% on one and not get those same trophies on the other PS3 while attempting the other 50%. That being said, if you only completed half the trophies on one PS3 and synced, and platted the game on another PS3 without having signed in (so your trophies aren't downloaded), I would assume your 2nd trophy stamps would take precedence and replace the former's timestamps -- at least that's the case in DLCs anyway. Like if someone platted a game on one PS3, but went onto another PS3 to do the DLC trophies without signing into your PSN yet (so gamesharing), while also platting the game, those new stamps would replace the old ones. Just my theory anyway. 

It doesn't really matter if it's half exactly or just 1/50, or even if there's overlap, it's a good question. For example, if I played InFAMOUS and do the "good" playthrough on one console and the "bad" on another (and get all other trophies between the two on either console), when would the plat theoretically pop? As soon as you sync both lists? When you load the game up for the first time after syncing? Never?

Anyone have any experience with this? I doubt it'll ever come up for me, but I'm curious now too.

EDIT: Just to be clear, no one is saying anything other than the earliest time stamps for any overlapping trophies would take precedence, the question is purely in relation to the plat.

Edited by RNumbers
clarity

3 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

It's very easy to have this happen, as long you can transfer save files for that game. You get to a point, save, transfer, start from mid-way on the 2nd console. The oldest timestamp takes precedence when syncing if you have duplicate trophies with different timestamps.

The link above, plus others linked in other threads show platinums popping hours after all the other trophies. Some people say it happened when they synced, others say it only popped when they loaded the game again. Here's an example:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3605-super-exploding-zoo/Scorpions444?order=date〈%3Den-us#content