Debateing on getting a Vita

Blackmist_FFXI

I'm thinking of getting a Vita with my neck paycheck,  I know its really late in to its life, I'd say about 4 years, but, I was thinking of asking for some suggestions on games worth picking up. ~ I'm a fan of almost any Rpg. (Thou... Idk if i could replay HDN 1 (rebirth) )

anything Rpg, Tactical, Action, Srpg/Jrpg i'm down to check out, and im sure the community here would know plenty of nish, titles, - unsure if i would go for the Disgaia series again, as i have most on ps3\4. As fun as it is, as much as ive played them, lol I need a good break.

action games, or story adventure would be awesome too, maybe things such as Corps party (This is a must for me defiantly getting the 3rd vol.
Unsure how I Would Treat shooters , I hear Resistance burning skys was ok.. - And I'll deffently pass on COD games, bad tase that one has left

Never the less, all is welcome. ~ As i would like to get the most out of a vita (even if they are like 150$ + an additional 60~$ for a decent Mem card.

Well, if you like JRPGs then there should be more than enough to your liking xD

Personally, I never used it that much. Never bought any games for it, only played PS+ or crossbuy games and played my PS4 through it a few times when no television was available. But my problems had also to do with the Vita being uncomfortable for my large hands (if you have the same issue, apparently there are grips for it) and me not wanting to play it at home.

Games I really enjoyed that are available for the Vita:

Titan Souls

Full Throttle

Hue

Kung Fu Rabbit

The Swapper

Broken Age

Nova-111

Kick And Fennick

Day Of The Tentacle

Flower

Super Star Wars

Super Meat Boy

Monsterbag

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

CounterSpy

Murasaki Baby

Luftrausers (has two unobtainable trophies, don't know if it matters to you)

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

Teslagrad

Hohokum

Race The Sun

Thomas Was Alone

Velocity 2X

Fez

I mean, if you see enough games that you're interested in then I'd say go for it. There's not much in the way of exclusives, but I like playing games like visual novels more on the Vita anyway. The Danganronpa games are great on the Vita even though they've just been released on the PS4 as well. Persona 4 Golden is a must have. Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted: Golden Abyss are great shooters/adventure games that play very well on the system. 

The Vita is approaching 6 years old now and I've had mine for nearly 5 years. While I'm disappointed that more "big" games weren't released for it, I do not regret my decision to purchase it one bit. Also it does suck that the memory cards are still so expensive. I got a 32GB and I've still had to delete games to make room, but it's less of an issue if you get more games in physical form.

i wouldn't spend over 150 on a vita. the console is hardly supported anymore so i'd just look for a second hand console in good state.

you should check out the subreddit over at https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/, which has many posts on the best vita games & even has some comprehensive lists too voted by the members. personally i'd definitely recommend persona 4 golden, killzone mercenary, tearaway, rainbow moon, binding of isaac, soul sacrifice delta, gravity rush, the rayman games, ...

25 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I'm a fan of almost any Rpg. (Thou... Idk if i could replay HDN 1 (rebirth) )

We're going to get along just fine :highfive: . I played HDN 1 on the Vita and the battle system is completely different from the PS3 version. Anyway, games that I recommend are:

• Persona 4 Golden: one of the best JRPGs I've played and the reason I got a Vita.
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Demon Gaze
  • Dragon's Crown (it just plays a lot better with the touchscreen)
  • Danganronpa 1
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Severed
  • Freedom Wars
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • And don't forget about Persona 4 Golden :awesome: 

Resistance Burning Skies is an incredibly boring game, I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate is my favorite TD on PSN that has it's own charm, and is beautiful on PS Vita, more than beautiful when compared to PSP and PS3 versions.

Ys: Memories of Celceta is a lovely game.

Freedom Wars is good too.

24 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I'm thinking of getting a Vita with my neck paycheck,  I know its really late in to its life, I'd say about 4 years, but, I was thinking of asking for some suggestions on games worth picking up. ~ I'm a fan of almost any Rpg. (Thou... Idk if i could replay HDN 1 (rebirth) )

anything Rpg, Tactical, Action, Srpg/Jrpg i'm down to check out, and im sure the community here would know plenty of nish, titles, - unsure if i would go for the Disgaia series again, as i have most on ps3\4. As fun as it is, as much as ive played them, lol I need a good break.

action games, or story adventure would be awesome too, maybe things such as Corps party (This is a must for me defiantly getting the 3rd vol.
Unsure how I Would Treat shooters , I hear Resistance burning skys was ok.. - And I'll deffently pass on COD games, bad tase that one has left

Never the less, all is welcome. ~ As i would like to get the most out of a vita (even if they are like 150$ + an additional 60~$ for a decent Mem card.

Trust me. It is worth a buy. Gives you more of aa variety of games. It has good Visual Novels, Action/RPG games (Persona 4 and Uncharted come to mind, music games (Persona 4 Dancing) and Killzone Mercenary is one of my ALL time favourites games out of any game I have played.

It has a very good selection of good games to select from that fit your preference even if they aren't what I listed above (I can see they're not all correct but you may enjoy some music games, idk :P )

Have fun!

3 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

We're going to get along just fine :highfive: . I played HDN 1 on the Vita and the battle system is completely different from the PS3 version. Anyway, games that I recommend are:

• Persona 4 Golden: one of the best JRPGs I've played and the reason I got a Vita.
  • Tales of Hearts R
  • Ys Memories of Celceta
  • Demon Gaze
  • Dragon's Crown (it just plays a lot better with the touchscreen)
  • Danganronpa 1
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Severed
  • Freedom Wars
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Resistance Burning Skies is an incredibly boring game, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm cleaning up severed now and I didn't find it that good tbh

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

I liked the gameplay a lot. It's one of the very few games that uses touch controls in a good way. Story was meh though.

well when you put it like that, yeah. Controls were smooth like butter, but story was very average.

It's never too late to pick up a Vita. Great games are great games no matter how old they are, and the Vita has plenty of those. ;)

Well, the obvious choice is Persona 4 Golden. It's without a doubt my favourite game on the system and almost everyone who plays the game ends up falling in love with it.

In terms of exclusives (at least exclusive to Sony platforms), I'd recommend the following games as a good starting point:

• Tales of Hearts R (JRPG)
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta (Action RPG)
  • Adventures of Mana (Action RPG)
  • Muramasa Rebirth (Action RPG)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Third Person Shooter)
  • Severed (Action)
  • Demon Gaze (First Person Dungeon Crawler)
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (First Person Dungeon Crawler)

I know you said that you don't really want to replay HDN 1, but the Re;Birth games on Vita are actually much improved over the PS3 versions. There's also a ton of Atelier games on the system too that have extra content over their PS3 counterparts. Many of the JRPG's released in the last 5 years or so got a Vita version like The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel games, and many others. So if you don't wanna boot up the old PS3, that's always an option. ;)

You didn't mention Visual Novels, so I don't know if they interest you or not, but the Vita has them in abundance. Many of them are exclusive, but even the ones that aren't are best on Vita. It's the place to play them. I'd highly recommend the Danganronpa and Zero Escape series.

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I'm cleaning up severed now and I didn't find it that good tbh

You're crazy! :P Severed was fantastic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This,

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:
  • Persona 4 Golden

this,

18 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

this,

15 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Persona 4

this

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Well, the obvious choice is Persona 4 Golden. It's without a doubt my favourite game on the system and almost everyone who plays the game ends up falling in love with it.

and this. That's pretty much all you need :awesome:.

• Like 2

Lots of Good Recomendations, I have 1 of the Ys games on my pc, Was thinking o gettn ys7, - Ill deffently pick up the tales games,  and yeah ill see what i can find pre ownded around me - as for the vita price, even pre owned, at ma n pa shop its pushing 150 bucks, and i dont trust craigs list to pick one up there,

If you are looking to get Vita, now would probably be the time to do it while they are still doing new releases this year for the system. Since your looking for RPGS, you'll find plenty to choose from. 

Some new new releases you may be interested in coming out later this year are

- Ys Lacrimsona 

- Tokyo Tattoo Girls

I think there's more but I'd have to look again. All that's been recommended have my seal of approval if you need further persuasion :)

Title name made me think you were considering buying and looking for points on both sides, rather than already buying and looking for games. Had it been the former, I'd have said don't do it. A lot of Vita's best are available elsewhere now, the platform has nowhere to go but down, and the price is fucking ridiculous, games, systems, god damned memory cards, all of it is way overpriced. I'd say invest in a Switch if you're after some good quality portable action.

But the latter, that you're getting it anywhere, here's some gems

Resogun (includes PS3 and PS4 version, with 2 lists)

Hotline Miami 1 and 2 (first includes PS3 and PS4 version, not sure on second as I can't buy it in Australia and pirated it on my phone)

Dead Nation (includes PS3 version with 2 lists)

Sly Cooper 1, 2, 3, and 4 (all include PS3 version)

Lego Avengers and Lego Force Awakens

Shovel Knight (includes PS3 and PS4 version)

Borderlands 2

Minecraft (includes PS3 version)

Rayman Origins or Rayman Legends (either should suffice)

LittleBigPlanet

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Killzone, Black Ops, or Resistance. KZ is best gameplay and graphics, BO is best online, Resistance isn't as bad as some say but either of the other 2 big FPS's would be better

PS All-Stars (includes PS3 version)

Guacamelee (includes PS3 version)

MotorStorm RC isn't bad considering the price (includes PS3 version)

Uncharted

Gravity Rush

WipEout 2048

As much as I love the Vita though, I cannot stress enough that it's not worth it. The PSN Store isn't going anywhere and neither are most of these games, wait until they hit preowned PSP prices dude. Right now they're riding the "well, no one wants one so no one is selling them, and there's so few out there that those who do want them have to pay out the ass" price tag and it's ridiculous.

• Like 3