Debateing on getting a Vita

Blackmist_FFXI

Persona 4 Golden is a very good RPG for Vita. I haven't really played that many RPG:s on Vita yet, so it's hard for me to recommend more. Most good games these days are released on other platforms too and it seems a lot of games' Vita versions never get to see the light of day due to dwindling support from developers..
Vita memory cards are overpriced and can be difficult to find these days and the hardware (at least Vita slim) is prone to stick malfunctions.

If you're a big fan of JRPGs I'd rather recommend getting a Nintendo 3DS which has series like Shin Megami Tensei, Bravely Default + Bravely Second, Etrian Odyssey, Pokémon, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem, etc. and tons of other great RPGs like Persona Q. Monster Hunter series resides mainly on 3DS too.

Both platforms have a vast library of different types of games. The great thing about Vita is trophy support and better screen resolution compared to 3DS. I have to say I haven't played my Vita since March while I've played something on 3DS nearly every day.

If you find enough games that interest you on Vita, it should be a good purchase. And now would be a good time to buy before they vanish from stores.

• Like 1

Yes, go ahead and get it. I bought mine April last year and 2 Pstv's for some reason ;) I play both vita and pstv today and have quite the collection. Almost all of the games are fantastic though some really stick out. Now I'm not going to go over the top with Persona 4 as it's a Ps2 game I played through way too many times before the Vita, with that said get the Vita version.

* Gundam Breaker 1,2 and 3 - Do you like Gundam games? All 3 are Gems though 3 is the only English text Asian release.

* Dragons Crown - I can't stress enough how fantastic this game translates to handheld

* God Eater 2 - Again, a full console game on the mighty handheld, if you don't have the Ps4 release than this is pretty good

* Muramasa Rebirth - Some will shoot me for this, I prefer Dragon and Princess Crown for RPG elements. Muramasa However is one fine action rpg which I think is only on Wii? get it

* Ragnarok Odyssey - Pretty basic rpg/monster hunter type game, I say simple but I've spent hours on it, quite cheap and worth it imo

* Ninja Gaiden Plus - A classic game from the original Xbox and Ps3,  Looks and plays great on the Vita, comes with trophies unlike the ps3 version

* Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (HD collection) - Either love or hate metal gear

* Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - Idk, I just love the story and colorful graphics of this title

* Natural Doctrine - The most difficult game on the system I think, but for the strategist? If you can find it go for it

* Attack on Titan - Another title that shows off the Vita's power, looks amazing on the small screen and plays so well

* Need for Speed Most Wanted - I'm not a racing fan but I love this game enough on the ps3 to get the Vita version, It holds up so well on the psv, impressive

* Tales of Hearts R - Now I'm only guessing on this as I've had little play time, I know I like tales games and I don't think this misses anything you'd expect

I have so many more un-played games, in short the psv and pstv has really surprised me with it's abilities, I recommend getting one.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Gamesareify said:

I might be planning on getting the vita and Danganronpa 2 only because I want Danganronpa v3 on the vita. 

Expect a gameplay maybe tomorrow.

Don't think, just buy it

Regrets = none

• Like 1

I got my Vita in May last year for £50.  It came with a rubber protective case, and a hard case, as well as a USB detachable charger, a 32gb memory card, and Minecraft, Lego Batman 2, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, and Killzone: Mercenary. I have never once regretted buying it. I absolutely love it. My only issue is I keep running out of games for it :( 

The games i have for it though are:

• every lego game
  • Tearaway
  • Gravity Rush
  • Injustice
  • Sid Meier's Civilisation Revolution 2 Plus
  • Titan Souls
  • Day Of The Tentacle
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Spy Chameleon
  • Aabs Animals
  • Hitman: Go