Complete waste of money

AJ_Radio

I was expecting this title to be $14.99 - 19.99 like most other titles at a similar length. However after watching videos of this game and the overall poor gameplay I fail to see how this is worth $49.99 on the American PS Store. 

Complete ripoff. I'm not wasting that kind of money when there are upcoming AAA games that will be priced as such that will be a lot more exciting than this. I guess the only thing going for this game is it takes place in the 1920s and has elements of Uncharted and Tomb Raider thrown into it.

20 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Rent it, it can be platted within a few hours. I don't understand why it's so highly priced. 

Gamefly is good, but only if I stick with them over the long term. 

There's a free trial I can use which will let me rent this game, afterwards I pay $16 a month. Don't know how long the shipping will take because this game looks rather crappy.

Plus this game doesn't have much value if I go and buy it, because I reckon most people won't want a used retail copy.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stuart Pot said:

I'd honestly just avoid this game until there's a sale since I highly doubt you have any genuine interest in this game beyond the easy trophies. No idea if it's been on sale or not before, but there's far better games that are cheaper and not that hard to platinum.

It's not bad with a free trial from Gamefly. But it's otherwise far too expensive.

Who in their right mind would pay $49.99 for this? You can get the Uncharted Remastered Collection for far cheaper and that offers a lot more replayability.

31 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I bought it on my UK account when it was on sale a few months ago. I don't remember how much I paid for it, all I know is it was too much. 

The EU physical version is cheap but still too much. Amazon wants $26 for a new copy, and there aren't any used copies that are worth getting.

28 minutes ago, balotelli_boy45 said:

It's fucked up there's a deluxe edition the game had a few bugs to

Yeah it is. Deluxe Edition is just wasting more of your money.

• Like 2

This game has been on sale in the UK PSN store with a huge discount a few times. I think the last time it was over 80% off and was priced at £7.99 (normal price £44.99). I would suggest to either wait until it's on sale in the US PSN store for a similar price cut, or see if you can find a really cheap disc copy. Renting it is also an option.

(don't ask me how the game actually is as I haven't payed it yet. curse my huge backlog :P )

2 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

This game has been on sale in the UK PSN store with a huge discount a few times. I think the last time it was over 80% off and was priced at £7.99 (normal price £44.99). I would suggest to either wait until it's on sale in the US PSN store for a similar price cut, or see if you can find a really cheap disc copy. Renting it is also an option.

(don't ask me how the game actually is as I haven't payed it yet. curse my huge backlog :P )

I could technically get it for free if I cancel my trial before my 30 days is up, provided they're going to ship the game over to my address.

I don't know how long it takes Gamefly to ship out games once you put them on queue but I guess I'll have to wait until next week unless they ship out during the weekend.

Bought it for 10 euro from the store sale last month and it's just terrible. I love making more platinum trophies, but this game is sooo boring. I had to drink half bottle of tequila to stay awake for one hour playing. ?

Masterpiece !

Edited by Need4Weed2
  • Like 1

The entire game is traveling from location to location, solving some very frustrating puzzles (they look easy at first glance) while hearing Adam's poor dialogue throughout the adventure.

No combat or anything involving good platforming.

The images on the PST.org website are gone (replaced by an Imageshack logo) which means the only real way to play through this game quick is by watching Rus's Youtube video guide. That's the absolute best way to get through some of these shitty games.

I seem to end up getting games that seem okay only to end up being a pile of crap that only "trophy hunter/whores" would bother playing through.

This fucking kaleidoscope puzzle is complete bullshit. You would think you just needed the four areas you can turn clockwise all needed to be the same respective color, but no. It makes you be more precise than just getting the four areas the same color (red, green, yellow and blue).

This is one of the worst games I've played in a long while.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Did you not know this is the poor man's version of Uncharted?

It's worse than a poor man's version. It's a poorly made attempt to copy elements from the Tomb Raider, Uncharted and Indiana Jones franchises to make a game that seems okay from an indie standpoint, but fails to execute it's puzzles and use of platforming in a proper manner.

The Clank puzzles from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time were clever and were well worth the effort of trying. There was a feeling of accomplishment when you solved each one. Here in Adam's Venture Origins it's like "Jesus Christ thank god this shit is over", especially these last few puzzles. There's the water puzzles that are straightforward once you understand what to do, then there's shit like the kaleidoscope puzzle which makes absolutely no fucking sense because the design is obtuse and it's looks are opaque. The design choices and rules were poorly made, which makes me wonder if anybody even played through this entire game without looking up a guide on at least one puzzle.

I'd take Jayne Mansfield (poor man's Marilyn Monroe) over this game any day. But that's comparing apples to oranges so I'll stop here.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 22-6-2017 at 6:56 AM, Spaz said:

The entire game is traveling from location to location, solving some very frustrating puzzles (they look easy at first glance) while hearing Adam's poor dialogue throughout the adventure.

... Don't you mean... throughout the Venture? :awesome:

I'm guessing that's more clever than any dialogue in the game.

I fail to see why you go through so much trouble to get a game of which you already knew it was bad before getting it.