List of PS4 titles with short platinums that I can rent...

AJ_Radio

Over the past month or so I have been struggling with finances as school and medical bills have starting eating into my own income. I currently can't afford to buy any games at full price unless I really save up for one. However even some of the indie titles I want are a bit expensive so I've turned to Netflix and Gamefly for games with short platinums. 

Problem is they're only good for retail games which many indie titles do not have a physical version. In the past I used to rent SNES and N64 games from Blockbuster and other rental stores which typically gave you a week to play the game then return it. I suppose it works the same way with Netflix and Gamefly with a bit more time due to them being online stores that ship all around the world. 

I have over 200 games that I played and haven't played, which took a large chunk of my money as gaming isn't exactly cheap. There are a few games I want to rent that I don't necessarily want to buy, but I normally don't rent big budget AAA titles as they often require a bit more time to beat and later platinum than the time you have to rent the games. So I decided to go for quick games with fast platinums, regardless of difficulty. 

In the long run I can definitely save a lot of money this way. The dozens of indie titles I've played have been $10 - 20 a piece, which adds to several hundred dollars. Renting these games, provided they have a physical release, will save me lots. 

I just set up a Gamefly account and Adams Venture Origins is the first game on my queue that should ship out to my address within 7 - 10 days. I don't wish to buy the game because it's too expensive for my budget for what the game actually offers.

Are there any games like Origins that I can rent and platinum fairly quickly? Ether One has a physical copy but I already purchased that game. I suppose there are a few rentable games that are easy but for now I don't know how many there are.

Edited by Spaz

I'll make out a short list of easy PS4 plats I see on Gamefly that are missing from your trophy list:

- Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigation

- Back to the Future

- Batman (Telltale)

- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

- Deponia

- Gravity Rush 2

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Lego anything

- Life is Strange

- Minecraft Story Mode

- NERO

- The Order: 1886

- Rocket League

- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

- Steins;Gate 0

- Syberia 3 (I haven't actually played it but I assume it's as easy as the first two games on PS3)

- The Talos Principle

- Yooka-Laylee

I'm refraining from putting slightly more difficult (but still not bad) platinums like Dark Souls 2 on that list. I'm sure they offer plenty more easy platinums, but those are the ones I noticed while browsing through their list. Even the longest games on this list shouldn't take you more than a week to plat.

• Like 4

Always try go through your backlog as much as you can when you're short on money. Look for sales in games so you spend no more than, let's say $10 in any game, although I'm sure you know these things by now.

Besides that the poster above has some good games that you might be satisfied with.

Edited by jaehyun1009

41 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I'll make out a short list of easy PS4 plats I see on Gamefly that are missing from your trophy list:

- Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigation

- Back to the Future

- Batman (Telltale)

- The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

- Deponia

- Gravity Rush 2

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Lego anything

- Life is Strange

- Minecraft Story Mode

- NERO

- The Order: 1886

- Rocket League

- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

- Steins;Gate 0

- Syberia 3 (I haven't actually played it but I assume it's as easy as the first two games on PS3)

- The Talos Principle

- Yooka-Laylee

I'm refraining from putting slightly more difficult (but still not bad) platinums like Dark Souls 2 on that list. I'm sure they offer plenty more easy platinums, but those are the ones I noticed while browsing through their list. Even the longest games on this list shouldn't take you more than a week to plat.

I already own Back to the Future, Horizon Zero Dawn, Life is Strange, Order 1886 and Shantae: Half Genie Hero.

The others I will look into.

Thanks for the help.

1 minute ago, Xylobe said:

@Spaz if you're a PS+ subscriber you should also own Life is Strange since it's free this month

Got it the day it was offered on Plus.

For people using Gamefly do I need to wait for a few days for games on my queue to ship?

Same boat as you, pallie. With all of my free money draining into a monthly sub of Gamefly and soon FFXIV(since I promised some high folks that I would platinum that MMO beast) it's almost impossible to buy games now. Even buying a $20 PSN card is almost out of the question. :(

If you want my advice, any LEGO game will work, but stay clear of LEGO Avengers (Vita version) - it's buggy as hell and I got c'blocked when enemies I was supposed to destroy didn't show, making the game unbeatable. If you don't mind having an 50% trophy completion for a plat, LEGO Dimensions, LEGO Batman 3 and Avengers for PS4 work wonders. I'd recommend Marvel Super Heroes but the flying missions suck @$$ because of the horrible flying controls. Nevertheless, I have higher hopes for the sequel coming out in November.

Also, if you don't mind having to re-rent over time, I'd totally pick up Ni No Kuni II when it comes out. The original was awesome though a bit grindy. But that's not a short game. Great story, though! ^_^ Another recommendation: X-Blaze Memories LOST. It's a visual novel but has a bit of gameplay before the visual novel fully hits.

To Xylobe: I thought Yooka-Laylee was easy, but some of the pagies are almost impossible to get. Then again, I know I have to "get gud" and my platforming and arcadey sikills stink like rotten garlic. If you can jump on a dime, you will have less trouble than I did. Also, the Cashino level is glitched if you fail a mission there and try to redo it; the graphics completely turn into a gray wasteland, so be careful!

On 6/16/2017 at 8:11 PM, Spaz said:

For people using Gamefly do I need to wait for a few days for games on my queue to ship?

Yes, you do. Depends on how far from the centerlode you are. I'm in Texas so it takes three to four days to ship after they receive my last game. They'll usually send an e-mail to you saying that they've shipped it and then you wait a couple of days. Also, make sure your address is legit: I had a hard time getting games at first until I realized I gave an imaginary address because I didn't check my own mailing address and had swapped the middle two digits!

Edited by MidnightCJ

On 6/20/2017 at 11:24 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Same boat as you, pallie. With all of my free money draining into a monthly sub of Gamefly and soon FFXIV(since I promised some high folks that I would platinum that MMO beast) it's almost impossible to buy games now. Even buying a $20 PSN card is almost out of the question. :(

The problem is my job isn't as steady as my previous one. It changes constantly with schedules being a bit erratic. At least I'm not forced to work 55 - 60 hour weeks like my past job.

Plus with bills and family to look after I'm kind of in a hole financially. It sucks, but I'm still considered too rich to be put on welfare.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:24 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Yes, you do. Depends on how far from the centerlode you are. I'm in Texas so it takes three to four days to ship after they receive my last game. They'll usually send an e-mail to you saying that they've shipped it and then you wait a couple of days. Also, make sure your address is legit: I had a hard time getting games at first until I realized I gave an imaginary address because I didn't check my own mailing address and had swapped the middle two digits!

Took me two days to get Adam's Venture Origins from the time Gamefly notified me that it was being shipped.

I had Batman: Telltale Series second on my queue but apparently it has limited availability so the game that came after that I queued (NERO) is now being shipped.