boat kill is glitched

So i'm pretty sure everyone either knew or was pretty sure that the boat kill which is also the torpedo badge is glitched. This kill is needed for the "A PHD in murder" trophy. Since its glitched the trophy is unobtainable which makes the plat unobtainable. Gun Media is aware and are fixing this but as to when, we don't know. It is nice to know though that we can 100% confirm glitch and also know that they are aware. Just thought i would share Screenshot_20170613-145124.thumb.png.36a

• Like 2

I got the torpedo badge today and thought it was a miracle or something but then I checked the badges. After the patch, the description has changed to "Flip the boat and knock counselors out of it".

So either they changed the description without changing/fixing the unattainable "boat kill" or there is a kill nobody has found yet. Or the trophy progress tracker is glitched, as suggested by someone on XBOX whose achievement progress keeps fluctuating back to zero.

4 hours ago, EPICRAGE said:

I got the torpedo badge today and thought it was a miracle or something but then I checked the badges. After the patch, the description has changed to "Flip the boat and knock counselors out of it".

So either they changed the description without changing/fixing the unattainable "boat kill" or there is a kill nobody has found yet. Or the trophy progress tracker is glitched, as suggested by someone on XBOX whose achievement progress keeps fluctuating back to zero.

That counter resetting was fixed already some time ago, but Xbox players still can't get the achievement since nobody has gotten past 96% (apparently two kills are either missing or not counting).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zadorvp said:

That counter resetting was fixed already some time ago, but Xbox players still can't get the achievement since nobody has gotten past 96% (apparently two kills are either missing or not counting).

So is it still glitched for us? I don't even see a kill counter anywhere so I don't even know what they're talking about

26 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

So is it still glitched for us? I don't even see a kill counter anywhere so I don't even know what they're talking about

Xbox achievements have their own tracker which PlayStation trophies don't :P They can see if their trophy percentage is progressing or not (originally the A Ph.D. in Murder achievement progressed a bit, then reset to 0%. Now it goes up to 96% but not farther, meaning two kills are missing or bugged). We have no confirmation for our trophy, one way or the other unless someone wants to run through the confirmed kills Xbox players have listed.

29 minutes ago, PowerCoard said:

K

That's always a helpful response in a discussion. Looking at the developers Social Media platforms, they are staying very active with their community and searching to make the game as great as they can. Especially considering the game started as a Kickstarter and has grown to near AAA levels, they're doing fantastic work. Patience is the key with this kind of stuff. I think what the developers of Dragon Fin Soup said was that it was an issue with money and getting the patch to be accepted or something along those lines.

15 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

That's always a helpful response in a discussion. Looking at the developers Social Media platforms, they are staying very active with their community and searching to make the game as great as they can. Especially considering the game started as a Kickstarter and has grown to near AAA levels, they're doing fantastic work. Patience is the key with this kind of stuff. I think what the developers of Dragon Fin Soup said was that it was an issue with money and getting the patch to be accepted or something along those lines.

The guy doesn't have the game judging from his profile idk why he is even commenting on this forum post. Sounds like he is here to just complain...

On 6/24/2017 at 2:44 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

The guy doesn't have the game judging from his profile idk why he is even commenting on this forum post. Sounds like he is here to just complain...

Edited by PowerCoard

15 hours ago, PowerCoard said:

Not clompaning just stating my opinion which I am free to do as you are. I was only explaining the similarities of trophies having issues and preventing a platinum.

This doesn't make any sense? There are zero similarities between this game and what ever game you are talking about. These developers have givin no reason to make anyone think this trophy will not be fixed in the future.

Has anybody personally addressed the possibility of a few unknown Jason kills still being glitched to the developers on their twitter or official forums yet?

Also, does killing Jason kills count as well? The trophy description simply states to perform every kill in the game, not specifically mentioning with Jason. As far as I know, Tommy is able to kill Jason two ways: with a machete and with an ax and there's always the possibility of another way that hasn't been discovered.

3 minutes ago, BurstNova said:

Has anybody personally addressed the possibility of a few unknown Jason kills still being glitched to the developers on their twitter or official forums yet?

Also, does killing Jason kills count as well? The trophy description simply states to perform every kill in the game, not specifically mentioning with Jason. As far as I know, Tommy is able to kill Jason two ways: with a machete and with an ax and there's always the possibility of another way that hasn't been discovered.

I have no clue and personally im waiting till someone even gets the trophy. So far no one here or on psn itself has gotten it and they get so many messages about glitches and such that I couldnt even begin to tell you what they know and dont know