How would you rate E3 2017 overall?

ShadowStar83x

How would you rate E3 2017 overall?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate E3 2017 overall?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Waffles!

I'd give it a fat B. Not the best, but there were enough games revealed such as Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, Beyond Good and Evil 2, The Evil Within 2, and so on shown off that I really liked. And gameplay from upcoming games such as Star Wars: Battlefront 2, which convinced me to pre-order it. It was solid enough in my opinion. :) 

About average. Nothing jaw dropping but nothing disappointing. Mostly more information from games we knew about already. I feel like this year is a slow year, relative to other years. Probably won't have another mind-blowing E3 until next year or even the year after that. Still, there is a nice line up of games that are dropping this Fall so we all win in the end.

If there had of been more exciting game announcements then I would've given this an A, but since there was not i'm giving it a B since the announcements of Anthem, Metro: Exodus, Beyond Good and Evil 2, and the gameplay showing of Spider-Man PS4 and Days Gone have me hyped right now. Also the gameplay showing of Assassin's Creed Origins and the reveal of Skull and Bones has me super excited

I feel like this year was not bad but it felt like a small letdown due to "supposed" leaks from various devs but not turning out to be true so people's expectations weren't met based on that. I liked it though I wish I don't have to wait a bajillion years for the games to come out and no I'm not saying I want them to rush it. I'm just saying to showcase games that are coming out this year or next year only. 

I also liked last year more just because of how crazy Sony went with the orchestra and the new IP reveals which are repeated again this year and this makes their wow effect feel less wow lol.

Edited by poopooblast
  • Like 1

The term is "INDIFERENT"

E3 its dying, it just doesnt make sense for companys to spend so much money when they can do a direct like Nintendo.

Sony presentation shows me something is that in 2/3 years they are going to go totally off from E3 .

When they do a presentation with the scheme " GAMES, GAMES, GAMES... Speak for 2 mins... GAMES GAMES GAMES, good bye" that can only tell that they sick of the whole "show the new porche just becouse" and celebratys on stage gig and im happy for it.

E3 will stick around but i think that eventually it will go totally digital and be a weeks slot when companys will pump trailers etc on youtube.

• Like 1

Waffles? The hell...

I gave it overall a solid C or C+. My most anticipated games were shown minus TLOU 2 (Spiderman, GoW4, and Day's Gone). However, it didn't have the huge surprises like last year. The only new game that wooed me was Dragon Ball Fighterz for Sony. I felt Microsoft's wasn't very impressive from what I saw. Ubisoft did well and EA was uninspiring.

However, I found Nintendo to be the clear winner IMO. So many new games, big IPs, remakes, and awesome gameplay for Mario Odyssey. Oh, and Pokémon on Switch? Hell yeah. My only problem is I don't have a switch! XD.

C+. It wasn't fantastic but it wasn't terrible. Ubisoft did the best for me and I'm really excited for Assassins Creed Origins because I'm a sucker of Ancient Egypt and it'll be one of the latest I've played since Brotherhood. Battlefront II I'm hyped for and I was glad to see more footage of Detroit Become Human but I felt Sony could have done better in the excitement department. 2017 has already been a great year for games but it looks like it won't continue to the end of the year. 

• Like 1

I picked waffles!

to be honest this year's E3 is really..... poor, despite the games the three giants shows...

Sony - yes they had real exclusives but most of the things they showed are just the same games they showed last year then they pushed their release dates to next year. no surprises like they usually do, no the last of us part 2...

Microsoft - remember the TV, TV, TV,? it's the same this year, but instead of TV, it's 4K, 4K, 4K.

there's even a lots of world premiere  XBONE EXCLUSIVE! games that you bet your waffles that they're not exclusives, whether these games are also available for ps4, PC, or it's Microsoft exclusive that still will run better on PC.

Nintendo - same as Sony's conference, it's just with even less games, I think Mario's Odyssey have stealed their whole conference even though they had Metroid 4.

Ubisoft - nothing interested me there, they announced beyond good and evil 2 but that's just a glorified cinematic trailer, and we all know that the graphics will not gonna looks that good in the actual game....... unless naught dog is behind it.

Bethesda - more Skyrim, and Paid mods have returned! because why not? right?

EA - Fifa & NFS..............................

There were few good games up for show, but most games we knew it was going to come anyways like God of War, Detroit: Become Human, etc. And it's not like we didn't know that X1X was coming, either.

Wolfenstein 2 was really the only game that got me hyped, and even then Bethesda's conference itself was meh. Maybe also Monster Hunter: World. But that's about it.

Devolver Digital won purely on entertainment and that was barely even a conference in the first place.

Final grade: D

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1