The ability to translate the trophies?

Sora

The best you can hope for is to put the URL of anything on this website into Google Translate and translate the web page into your language. There's never going to be a complete translation of this website into every language and even if it had the options to change languages, it's very likely it would just be a tool that uses bing or Google Translate anyway. This site is used by a majority English speaking community so you cannot really put effort into satisfying the needs of a minority when 99% of the community can speak English just fine. 

This is a link to this thread in Arabic which was translated through Google Translate. You can do this whenever you struggle with English in any language that Google Translate supports: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=ar&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.psnprofiles.com%2Ftopic%2F49624-the-ability-to-translate-the-trophies%2F

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The best you can hope for is to put the URL of anything on this website into Google Translate and translate the web page into your language. There's never going to be a complete translation of this website into every language and even if it had the options to change languages, it's very likely it would just be a tool that uses bing or Google Translate anyway. This site is used by a majority English speaking community so you cannot really put effort into satisfying the needs of a minority when 99% of the community can speak English just fine. 

This is a link to this thread in Arabic which was translated through Google Translate. You can do this whenever you struggle with English in any language that Google Translate supports: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=ar&u=https%3A%2F%2Fforum.psnprofiles.com%2Ftopic%2F49624-the-ability-to-translate-the-trophies%2F

Thanks, the idea is not translating everything automatically into every language as it gives lots of wrong translation , but an optional thing that people can do.

Not must but more of a 'Can'.

but I can understand your point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sora said:

Thanks, the idea is not translating everything automatically into every language as it gives lots of wrong translation , but an optional thing that people can do.

Not must but more of a 'Can'.

but I can understand your point.

Since the website doesn't have mods for every language, you can't know if people who speak a different language are just going to troll the system, it's not worth the potential trolling in other languages ruining the site's reputation so Google Translate is the best option for people who lack the ability to read and understand English. Hiring a professional translator costs a lot of money and because it would only satisfy the needs of less than 1% of the community it wouldn't be worth investing the time and money when it could go into other features of this website. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

How about not translate guides, but make your own guides and be allowed to be published even if these guides are written in any other language than english?

That should do it. I guess a spanish guide in this site have more value than a spanish guide in some weird lost site of the internet.

But, in order to allow this, new auditors must join to the Guide Team.

• Like 1

Let me ask a question in a similar vein, then. When I look at the Star Ocean: integrity and Faithlessness trophy list, it's in good ole English, just like this site. But, when I go to the trophy guide, all of the trophies mysteriously become Japanese. Why? As far as I can see, there is a single trophy list for this game, so why can't the Anglicized trophy names, which are already on the list, carry over to the guide?

It makes the guide completely useless to me.

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Let me ask a question in a similar vein, then. When I look at the Star Ocean: integrity and Faithlessness trophy list, it's in good ole English, just like this site. But, when I go to the trophy guide, all of the trophies mysteriously become Japanese. Why? As far as I can see, there is a single trophy list for this game, so why can't the Anglicized trophy names, which are already on the list, carry over to the guide?

It makes the guide completely useless to me.

Rescanned shared list. Since the site update, this for some reason affects any Japanese games with shared list that has been originally in Japanese.

And you can use it by clicking on specific trophy from the list rather than using the guide itself.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Rescanned shared list. Since the site update, this for some reason affects any Japanese games with shared list that has been originally in Japanese.

And you can use it by clicking on specific trophy from the list rather than using the guide itself.

That's good info - thanks!