• Mirage
    • Harimau
    • Auricom
    • Icaras
    • Tigron
    • Van Über

Which team do you prefer? 

And why?

I mostly like the Auricom, the fury ship just looks like a beast, and it just seems I get the best results with it. (And I like the way the airbrakes move) 

But for speed laps/time trial I sometimes use Icaras, its just so fast! 

And because these 2 teams aren't available from the start, I mostly found myself comfortable in Assegai. 

But Auricom definitely gets my preferation

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Assegai all the way for Phantom Class on HD.

Slower than that I just go for something like Piranha as it's faster. Once on Phantom Class Assegai just feels so natural for air-braking and turning. In fact I got the whole of Meltdown on HD done last night in under two hours, including the Phantom Tournament on my first try (have they made this easier than the PS3 as it took me loads of practice last time?).

Included in that two hours was me editing this video in ShareFactory and sharing. It's Sebenco Climb on Phantom, first attempt I hit a wall on the first corner and reset, second attempt I got fourth and then this was my third attempt. Nothing amazing by any means but it shows just how well Assegai performs

Wipeout Phantom Sebenco Climb

5 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

In fact I got the whole of Meltdown on HD done last night in under two hours, including the Phantom Tournament on my first try (have they made this easier than the PS3 as it took me loads of practice last time?)

They probably made it easier cause i felt it was easier too, and much others say the same thing, so i assume its easier

Ps3 was hard

26 minutes ago, DJ_AdruA said:

They probably made it easier cause i felt it was easier too, and much others say the same thing, so i assume its easier

Ps3 was hard

It definitely felt different. I know I'd just unlocked the tournament and thought I'd give it a shot just to get a feel for it, at that point I think I'd only done two of the tracks at Phantom speed. The first three tracks in the tournament I got 1st, 1st, 2nd (an error at the end got me second) and I was a bit puzzled how I was doing so well without practice. On the 8th race I was leading by 4 points and then I think I won by 10 points.

It felt like what they did with the tournaments is tone down AI weapon use. The times I would get hit just before crossing the finish line on the PS3 or getting wiped out from relentless weapon use when getting stuck in a trailing group of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. I still had to keep a close eye on my shield and absorb if it started to dip too low but I don't remember having a shield low warning at any point.

1 hour ago, FawltyPowers said:

It definitely felt different. I know I'd just unlocked the tournament and thought I'd give it a shot just to get a feel for it, at that point I think I'd only done two of the tracks at Phantom speed. The first three tracks in the tournament I got 1st, 1st, 2nd (an error at the end got me second) and I was a bit puzzled how I was doing so well without practice. On the 8th race I was leading by 4 points and then I think I won by 10 points.

It felt like what they did with the tournaments is tone down AI weapon use. The times I would get hit just before crossing the finish line on the PS3 or getting wiped out from relentless weapon use when getting stuck in a trailing group of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. I still had to keep a close eye on my shield and absorb if it started to dip too low but I don't remember having a shield low warning at any point.

Yeah on ps3 if you got ahead of someone it felt like they were angry and would do anything to get you back behind

Also getting hit when you were 2nd or so, and just before the finish line you could be last again, or 6th or something if one hit ur back xD

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...