BrandonUltimate

How to properly unplug a Playstation 4?

6 posts in this topic

Goodnight everyone! I was wondering what is the best method of unplugging a PS4 console? The reason why I ask this question is because every time I safely turn off my console, making sure the light on the console is also completely off, then unplug it, it would say that the system must undergo a complete restart. There was even a time where my entire PS4 storage became corrupted and I had to reinstall all of my games. So what is the best method of safely unplugging my PS4 console? Thanks for answering!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The error isn't normal your doing it right. As what the manual says http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/power.html

 

Quote

Turning off the power completely

You can turn off your PS4™ system in any of these ways.

  • Select icon_power.png (Power) from the function screen, and then select [Turn Off PS4].
  • Select [Power] > [Turn Off PS4] on the quick menu.
  • Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).

When you turn off your system, the display darkens, the power indicator blinks white, and then turns off.

  • If [Turn Off PS4] does not appear, select [Power Options] > [Turn Off PS4].

 

Edited by Sw1ftLemon
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hold the PS Button -> Power -> Turn Off 

 

then I wait for the light to turn off

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do the same, I hold the PS Button then I go to Power and just Turn Off, then I wait for the light to completely go dark and all the sounds in the system to stop,

 

Never had one of those errors before, that sucks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I constantly swap between my PS3 and PS4 using the same cables and never had this issue. I just wait for the light to disappear and the console to make no noise.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sw1ftLemon said:

The error isn't normal your doing it right. As what the manual says http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/power.html

 

 

 

1 hour ago, g-bake_1986 said:

I constantly swap between my PS3 and PS4 using the same cables and never had this issue. I just wait for the light to disappear and the console to make no noise.

 

1 hour ago, Radical-Cool-Boy said:

I do the same, I hold the PS Button then I go to Power and just Turn Off, then I wait for the light to completely go dark and all the sounds in the system to stop,

 

Never had one of those errors before, that sucks.

 

1 hour ago, iedaraphael said:

I just hold the PS Button -> Power -> Turn Off 

 

then I wait for the light to turn off

 

Hmm, I guess I have been unplugging it correctly all along. I'm just a little paranoid that my console's storage data might crash again and take another two days to reinstall everything. Really appreciate everyone's response! Thank you all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.