BrandonUltimate

How to properly unplug a Playstation 4?

6 posts in this topic

Goodnight everyone! I was wondering what is the best method of unplugging a PS4 console? The reason why I ask this question is because every time I safely turn off my console, making sure the light on the console is also completely off, then unplug it, it would say that the system must undergo a complete restart. There was even a time where my entire PS4 storage became corrupted and I had to reinstall all of my games. So what is the best method of safely unplugging my PS4 console? Thanks for answering!

The error isn't normal your doing it right. As what the manual says http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/power.html

Turning off the power completely

You can turn off your PS4™ system in any of these ways.

• Select icon_power.png (Power) from the function screen, and then select [Turn Off PS4].
  • Select [Power] > [Turn Off PS4] on the quick menu.
  • Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).

When you turn off your system, the display darkens, the power indicator blinks white, and then turns off.

• If [Turn Off PS4] does not appear, select [Power Options] > [Turn Off PS4].

Edited by Sw1ftLemon

I just hold the PS Button -> Power -> Turn Off 

then I wait for the light to turn off

I do the same, I hold the PS Button then I go to Power and just Turn Off, then I wait for the light to completely go dark and all the sounds in the system to stop,

Never had one of those errors before, that sucks.

I constantly swap between my PS3 and PS4 using the same cables and never had this issue. I just wait for the light to disappear and the console to make no noise.

1 hour ago, Sw1ftLemon said:

The error isn't normal your doing it right. As what the manual says http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/power.html

1 hour ago, g-bake_1986 said:

I constantly swap between my PS3 and PS4 using the same cables and never had this issue. I just wait for the light to disappear and the console to make no noise.

1 hour ago, Radical-Cool-Boy said:

I do the same, I hold the PS Button then I go to Power and just Turn Off, then I wait for the light to completely go dark and all the sounds in the system to stop,

Never had one of those errors before, that sucks.

1 hour ago, iedaraphael said:

I just hold the PS Button -> Power -> Turn Off 

then I wait for the light to turn off

Hmm, I guess I have been unplugging it correctly all along. I'm just a little paranoid that my console's storage data might crash again and take another two days to reinstall everything. Really appreciate everyone's response! Thank you all.