Transendence; How do you know when to do it?

Sherminenie

Well, I transcended the first day of the update got 38 AS (ancient souls), I think. I have accidentally transcended twice now, once I had about 1 million HS, but I didn't get any AS and the second accidental time I didn't get AS either and had about 500k HS. I've looked on other forums but they are for the mobile and PC versions of this game, how do I know if I'm going to even get AS, how many HS do I need to transcend? 

On the last tab it says:

Transcendant Power: 1.42%                          0 Ancient Souls

Total Hero Souls Sacrificed: 15,498K             Transcend for +0

Max Transcendent Primal Reward: 1,007K     Next AS: 349K

I have never seen it say anything for "Transcend for + whatever" it just stays at +0. 

I've transcended 3 times, once was on purpose. That was the day we got the update. I've banked thousands of HS, but nothing says how many AS will I get for my banked HS, plus I have seen the "Next AS: # change after ascending or just checking it to see if I have earned any while playing. Am I not waiting long enough?

Please help this humble idiot.

You get Ancient Souls for collecting Hero Souls. If you check the tab where it says "Transcend for +0", just below is "Next AS: 349K". That's the amount of Hero Souls you have to collect to get the next +1 AS. Once you've reached that amount, the "Next AS:" will rise a little higher than previously. You always  need a bit more Hero Souls to gain 1 AS. But as you transcend, you'll gain a lot more Hero Souls each time. This link shows an easy table regarding how many HS are needed for a certain AS level.

Most guides say that a good moment to transcend is when you have somewhere between 6-10 AS. You can decide for yourself: if it takes too long, say several Ascensions to reach the next +AS, then it's a good time to transcend.

By the way, you wanna activate scientific notations. I've so gotten used to numbers like 5.654e223. It's easier to calculate, 1e20 is 10x 1e19 etc. It's easier on the eye in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Theophobos said:

You get Ancient Souls for collecting Hero Souls. If you check the tab where it says "Transcend for +0", just below is "Next AS: 349K". That's the amount of Hero Souls you have to collect to get the next +1 AS. Once you've reached that amount, the "Next AS:" will rise a little higher than previously. You always  need a bit more Hero Souls to gain 1 AS. But as you transcend, you'll gain a lot more Hero Souls each time. This link shows an easy table regarding how many HS are needed for a certain AS level.

Most guides say that a good moment to transcend is when you have somewhere between 6-10 AS. You can decide for yourself: if it takes too long, say several Ascensions to reach the next +AS, then it's a good time to transcend.

By the way, you wanna activate scientific notations. I've so gotten used to numbers like 5.654e223. It's easier to calculate, 1e20 is 10x 1e19 etc. It's easier on the eye in my opinion.

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean I cannot spend HS on Ancient level-ups? Or can I? Should I just bank them over and over without spending them.

• 6 years later...

Transcending is the mechanic where I lost the plot of this game. It  got too mathematical for me. It was only after I had Ascended for the first time that I learned that the best time to Transcend would have been as soon as possible, apparently.

This is where I'm at now:

- My top hero is Atlas
- I have Ascended twice
-  My Transcendent Power is 1.00 %, I have 0 Ancient Souls and I could Transcend for +37

I am pretty much just interested in achieving the rest of the trophies as fast as possible. Should I Transcend at this point anymore or is it actually faster to just keep Ascending and farming Hero Souls?