Thoughts on Enhancements?

I probably should've made this post long ago but what the heck, let's do it now. I wanted to hear all your thoughts on the quality of this remaster in terms of graphical improvements. Do you think the game looks better overall? How much so? Is there anything you think they worsened? For me it'd have to be Batman's face, he literally looks like he's holding in a giant shit in RTA. Other than that I love the attention to detail and all other character models pretty much look better. Less fogginess too.

Edited by SuperSaiyan3985
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2017 at 4:18 AM, DjBertrand said:

Looks better on ps4.Game over screen and the environment looks good.

Cannot really complain apart paying 47 bucks for it.

This game is dope.

I waited a little while and got it for $30, I agree it's an excellent remaster, especially considering it's only $50 at sticker. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 2:47 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I probably should've made this post long ago but what the heck, let's do it now. I wanted to hear all your thoughts on the quality of this remaster in terms of graphical improvements. Do truly think the game overall looks better? How much so? Is there anything you think they worsened? For me it'd have to be Batman's face, he literally looks like he's holding in a giant shit in RTA. Other than that I love the attention to detail and all other character models pretty much look better. Less fogginess too.

He does look like he needs to take a dump.

Tho the rest of the game is nicely done.

Never played it before so I cannot make a real comparison with the original version. I was kinda scared to play it right after Arkham Night and be deceived be the graphics but no ! 

The graphics , even tho you can see are last gen are still pretty nice . And the gameplay is excellent .

Plus, I got the bungle for only 25$ so two new games down that price is definitely a good deal. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I paid $20 for this just a while ago.  I tried it before I downloaded the 1.02 patch.

Asylum looks much better, but the framerate sputtering when I just turn the camera during the opening walk feels like I'm playing on a PC that can't quite keep up.  Not a deal breaker, but noticeable.

City ran silky smooth until Bruce becomes Batman and glides outdoors.  The outdoor frame rate dips are really not cool.  It's a shame that the 1.02 patch caps it off at 30 FPS,  because even though it'll run more consistently, those early demonstrations of 45-60 FPS show what could have been.

I don't feel ripped off.  I'm glad to own this. But it deserved to be better

Edited by darkram13
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 07/12/2017 at 3:21 PM, darkram13 said:

I paid $20 for this just a while ago.  I tried it before I downloaded the 1.02 patch.

Asylum looks much better, but the framerate sputtering when I just turn the camera during the opening walk feels like I'm playing on a PC that can't quite keep up.  Not a deal breaker, but noticeable.

City ran silky smooth until Bruce becomes Batman and glides outdoors.  The outdoor frame rate dips are really not cool.  It's a shame that the 1.02 patch caps it off at 30 FPS,  because even though it'll run more consistently, those early demonstrations of 45-60 FPS show what could have been.

I don't feel ripped off.  I'm glad to own this. But it deserved to be better

I know this is very late xD but I agree. I'm going to install the patch for asylum because it runs smoother but I won't update the game for city

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Topov81 said:

Am I right in thinking the retail version come on two separate discs?... also does the digital version download the two games separately or are they combined into one 'game' on the dashboard like say the remastered AC Ezio Trilogy?

No it comes on a single disc, and if I remember correctly the games are synced into one application. 

20 hours ago, Topov81 said:

Am I right in thinking the retail version come on two separate discs?... also does the digital version download the two games separately or are they combined into one 'game' on the dashboard like say the remastered AC Ezio Trilogy?

The digital version has them as separate games. The only issue is that it kinda assumes the Arkham Knight DLC belongs to this games.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2019 at 7:18 PM, Topov81 said:

On 30/09/2019 at 3:43 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

No it comes on a single disc, and if I remember correctly the games are synced into one application. 

The copy I picked up yesterday has two discs and they load on their own. It was a UK version but there may have been different releases.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 6:20 AM, VegaMan-X4 said:

Where is this BS coming from? North American version I own has each game on a separate disc as well

Sheesh sorry I played the game over two years ago and I thought I remember it being on a single disc. The only game that I can remember owning on separate discs is RDR2.

13 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Sheesh sorry I played the game over two years ago and I thought I remember it being on a single disc. The only game that I can remember owning on separate discs is RDR2.

No longer sure we're even talking the same issue. The original question was about Return to Arkham compilation/remaster for PS4 (which consists of two games - Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, each one being on a separate disc, unlike Bioshock 1&2 for example). So it's two disc package of two games. As simple as that.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...