Character display thread

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I just started playing this game about 2 weeks ago and I must say, I'm absolutely hooked! Shame on me for not getting into it much earlier. :facepalm:

Name: Heroic Cupcake

1vK5QQ2.jpg

clEPwIo.jpg

I'm definitely getting the platinum with him. I loooove playing a Lalafell. Plus, his emotes make me smile. You can find me on Siren. :) 

rQB4k43.jpg

Edited by STFUxDxD
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

This isn't relative to this thread but can someone tell me how to remove that icon next to mini-map? I'm playing the free trial version. I checked everything in the HUD settings but i can't remove it

Y8l4rYt.jpg

That is the job gauge for Thaumaturge/Black Mage, which for that class is called the Elemental Gauge: see here on the bottom. You can't turn off a job gauge, but like most HUD elements you can move and resize them by pressing the Option controller button, then scrolling to the right to System, then down to HUD Layout; you can move HUD elements with the right stick from there, and the gear symbol is where you can resize it and change it's options or change the gauge to Simple Mode. The relevant HUD element for your class is called Elemental Gauge. For example, this is what my HUD looks like, my job gauge has been moved to the bottom left near the center ability bars and reduced in size to the minimum allowed (60%).

49457007653_aa48dfca1c_o_d.jpg

...Disappearing post, whatever then.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Thanks @damon8r351.I found out about the mage symbol and i asked a mod to remove the post because it was irrelevant with the thread.Apparently you were writing your message at that time. But i like your settings and i will probably use the same. What did you put in the bottom left, next to your job symbol?

In one of the advanced controller settings, you can map additional abilities to another hot bar of your choosing (because you can have up to 9 hot bars to scroll through), then set it up so you can quickly access them by double-tapping and holding :l2: or :r2:. As a paladin, I have all my defensive cooldowns mapped to hotbar 3 and accessible from hot bar 1 & 2 (which has all of my attacks) by double-tapping :l2: or :r2: then the appropriate button for the ability I want.

Well, unless you're actually scrolled to hotbar 3, you can't actually see how many seconds you have left before you can use an ability again that's mapped there while you're on another hotbar, so I monkeyed with some settings and created a visual indicator. The top 3 rows of that mess you're talking about is a recreation of what hotbar 3 looks like, permanently sitting in the lower lefthand corner of my screen, so while I'm scrolled to any other hotbar I can glance left to see if those abilities mapped to hotbar 3 are available to use, then hit the appropriate button sequence to activate them if they are. I can go through the whole process of how you set up something like that separately if you want.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

In one of the advanced controller settings, you can map additional abilities to another hot bar of your choosing (because you can have up to 9 hot bars to scroll through), then set it up so you can quickly access them by double-tapping and holding :l2: or :r2:. As a paladin, I have all my defensive cooldowns mapped to hotbar 3 and accessible from hot bar 1 & 2 (which has all of my attacks) by double-tapping :l2: or :r2: then the appropriate button for the ability I want.

Well, unless you're actually scrolled to hotbar 3, you can't actually see how many seconds you have left before you can use an ability again that's mapped there while you're on another hotbar, so I monkeyed with some settings and created a visual indicator. The top 3 rows of that mess you're talking about is a recreation of what hotbar 3 looks like, permanently sitting in the lower lefthand corner of my screen, so while I'm scrolled to any other hotbar I can glance left to see if those abilities mapped to hotbar 3 are available to use, then hit the appropriate button sequence to activate them if they are. I can go through the whole process of how you set up something like that separately if you want.

Atm i don't have any ability (still haven't started the game) so i'll test the hotbars when i progress a little. But i managed to minimize some things and move them around. I can finally see a clear screen, so i'm pretty happy. Thank you, i'll probably ask you later 

• 7 months later...

I have two characters I'm working on:

EhhveKfXkAEIp8V.jpg

This is Arora Azala, my Lalafell Paladin/Warrior/White Mage. I named her after a D&D dwarf paladin woman of the same name but forgot that said character had blue eyes. Makes sense if you check the Dwarf lore in this game. ;)

She had longer red hair but I didn't like it as it was clipping the shield, so I had Ja... er, I burned my free Beautician coupon to crop the hair and make it blue streaked. I like blue hair. The tattoo wasn't there earlier, I decided on a mark.

EhhuMZkWoAANYx7.jpg

And this is the character I am working on, Caramelle Syrupp, who's main is Scholar and is going to max out all of the Limsa Lominsa classes because Scholar is a Healer, so the pirate town has all three roles in its guilds. I wanted to play someone other than a Lalafell. I tried Mi'qote but I'm not into furries. Don't worry, once I get my free Fantasia from completing the main story of the first arc, this character will become a Lalafell.

Edited by CJ-Olly6
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

d84fa0cb219593a4f7d435b262fcbccf_96ab1df

This is my most recent character in FFXIV, Nocte Mystere. (Nocte is Latin for midnight and Mystere is Frence for mystery. I have her as Miq'ote right now but I play to Fantasia her into a Lalafell when I get to Heavensward for story reasons. ^_^)

Her current classes are:

• White Mage (Level 51, has Atma Relic)
  • Black Mage (Level 50)
  • Scholar/Summoner (Level 53, both have Atma Relic)
  • Rogue (Level 12)
  • Pugilist (Level 12)
  • Archer (Level 15)
  • Dragoon (Level 35)
  • Marauder (Level 21)
  • Gladiator (Level 17)

Her non-battle classes are all over the board but she is Level 50 in all Gathering Classes, Alchemist and just hit Level 50 in Leatherworker thanks to the Ixal beast tribe quests. Also, RIP Caramelle Syrupp. I retired her to work to do three more alts before settling on this one. I want to optimize mastering every class and job with the help of video guides.

I am at 86% trophy completion, just popped the trophy for doing 100 dungeon runs some time ago. (The last dungeon I ran was Tam-Tara normal to kill Galvanth the Dominator for my Scholar's Skyfire Book I #1 for her Zodiac Braves quest. Tried to do this quest first of my White Mage but found out that Pharos Sirius is evil as all hell and discarded the Skyearth book and gave up on upgrading Thyrus since I like Scholar better as a healer class.)

Edited by CJ-Olly6
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

851d01834216f98d2a51395b3cba3151_1f5fd23

I’ve been slowly trying out all of the different jobs. Most recently I’ve been playing as a Ninja, and I made an Assassin’s Creed-style glamour for it. I’m planning to have one glamour for every job, with each one modelled after a different game series.

Edited by SmileSlice
Updated information.