Amitte Presents: Birthday-induced Backlog/Checklist Thing

Amitte_Sukku

Completion listing  

1. 1. How many completed games per spoiler?

• Other (comment?)

18 hours ago, Star Butterfly said:

Welcome to the horiffyingly fun and dismal game we call trophy hunting! I hope you have many platinums in your life :P

16 hours ago, slaaack1 said:

Good Luck for you and have fun :)
I realized creating a checklist is kinda addicting... or at least it motivates. Hopefully it works for you like this too :D

5 hours ago, nenugalimas said:

We're witnessing the rise of a new trophy hunter xD Have fun building up your collection!

40 minutes ago, Saionji said:

Welcome in console gaming and good luck on your backlog fellow from the same country :)

You should finish Ranko Tsukigime btw I liked this game a lot.

A big hello back to everyone! I'm glad to see people are giving support :D

@SaionjiAs for Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day, I admit, I got stuck pretty fast. Guess fast reactions might not be my thing yet...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

With my tenth platinum officially being a thing, I decided I might as well check back to this topic and polish it!

(I've been doing a much better job of conquering my Steam backlog here for a while now)

Leda9a7.png

I'm extremely happy to announce that said platinum is The Sims 3: Pets! It took me so long to complete, the local store I bought it from is now gone :( 

I was super excited to try it out, because I've never played the expansion on PC; though I still don't know why there aren't any horses in the console version... there are supposed to be horses, yeah?

Having pets aside, I also enjoyed the mystery chapters, Karma Powers and challenges a whole lot. I might even pick the game back up if I have an itch to play more, just to complete more challenges, but for now I'm played out on this.

Oh, and about the glitches... I think I can consider myself extremely lucky to not have run into many of those; rather, I've ran into more "haha funny broken" glitches than things that actually broke the game. I've had the loading screen freeze happen a few times (usually when saving, which hurts twice as much) and I can remember the town map freezing on me maybe once. Never lost any of my saves or anything like that.

I also just wish there was more to Sugar Maple Creek. No one around seems to have toddlers in their families and there are maybe two households that include a newborn or a child; I've literally taken a screenshot of three of the same girls (my best bet is that they were all papergirls?) dancing to a stereo at my house. Besides them (and the paperboys, presumably), there were maybe three original children around (of whom two also looked the same... wtf).

Anyway, yeah... this is currently my rarest platinum ever and it will most likely stay that way (unless I suddenly get boss enough to platinum Catherine, or something like that).

• 4 weeks later...

Time's been flying like a mother-clucker, and I managed to complete three whole games before I got to updating my post.

First off, Island Saver.

Le206a0.png

If you completed Slime Rancher, but still want to play more, you'd be excited to hear that this game works just like it, except instead of building a slime ranch, you get to visit multiple islands inhabited by many different animals, clean them up and learn about banking and ecology in the process. It's free and it's fun for everyone. I liked it so much that I'll happily replay it on Steam whenever I feel like going back to it.

Then, I completed Aabs Animals.

Lcfed88.png

This game, oh boy... It's almost like getting free trophies, because you could just do nothing for five minutes... but then again, I realize now that there are a few cheaper games I would have liked to get rather than to spend on this one. Although I have to admit, I bought it just to see what the rave was about. Felt weird poking a cat as it slept, hovering over my bed, buuut... trophies, ay?

And for my latest :platinum:, Beyond: Two Souls.

L2d5c7c.png

I have mixed feelings about this game. I really wanted to like it, but in the end it was just okay. I enjoyed my first playthrough, yes, but the trophy clean-up was a pain in the ass, especially in the long chapters, since there is no skip option. While I admire the amount of work that was put into the game, I found it cheesy and ridiculous how the main character seems to go through just about everything you could think of during the course of the game, multiple races are brought into the picture (and not accurately enough, from what I heard), and then the ending monologues were... ugh. Not to mention how confusing the ending scene is, especially when you bring into consideration that a sequel was never actually planned, even though that scene screams "sequel incoming". Luckily for Quantic Dream though, it was good enough for me to want to check out their other games.

Edited by Amitte_Sukku