Square Enix online store login problem

viech54

Hi guys,

I tried to login to my SE store account on my computer, but it kept telling me "invalid email or password". I know that's not the case, I used the correct email/password, but it didn't work. I tried deleting my cookies and clearing my cache, it still failed. Then I tried to reset my password. It then kept telling me my security question is incorrect or answered incorrectly (also wrong, I didn't mess it up). Then I tried making another account with a simple password for testing purposes and it still told me either my password or email address is wrong.

My browser is up to date, Javascript etc. is enabled.

A Google search showed that many people had this problem over time, but no one posted a solution. I also messaged Square Enix, but they have yet to reply.

Leaving aside that the SE store is among my shittiest online experiences, does anyone have any idea how to fix this or maybe even knows how to make it work?

• 1 month later...

Could had been down for maintenance without telling? I know SE mogstation was down for maintenance on July 19, dont know if that would affect the actual SE site.

I tried to log in when my Twitter feed posted about the Dissidia FF NT beta sign ups.  May be over taxed but that was a few days ago.  The suspicious side of my brain thinks that maybe it was cheaters trying to steal logins to get extra beta slots to auction off or just to commit some good olde fashioned ID fraud.  I'm thinking rotating all passwords on the Square Enix accounts for everyone should be in order.