Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch General Discussion

The game was released today and so far I've put about two hours into it and I absolutely adore it. The art style is breathtaking in some areas and the story itself seems to be very good and I'm sure it will only get better as the game progresses. The battle system will still take some getting used to on my part but so far I like the familiars concept and look forward to mastering the battle system. I'm welcome to all tips as well, as I'm not a huge JRPG guy so if anyone has any tips or tricks on how to better master the battle system I'm all ears. I need to figure out when to use my familiars and when to use Oliver. I suppose all that comes with time though.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

So far in the story I've just beat the Guardian and I'm in Ding Dong Dell. I just got the Traveler's clothes and I'm about to meet the Cat king. Both Oliver and my Familiar (Mitey) are at level 6.

So, what do you guys think of the game so far? I love it and see myself spending many hours with it. It's kept me from GT5 all day and hopefully the wife will allow me some more playing tomorrow instead of wanting to watch Netflix with me.

Parker

• Like 2

So far I love it. The game did not disappoint and the one year wait was worth it. I am very happy I got the game today, but playing it makes me wish i had the physical book in my possession. Sadly I missed out on the wizards edition :( I will probably import a japanese copy with the book, since they are bundled together on ebay for 50$ and hey, double trophy list..

But really, I love this game it's amazing. one hour in, I just reached the other world. The moment when the "ahem ahem" in the real world made me cry :( I did not think I could get this emotionally attached to characters 30 minutes in the game.... seriously...

• Like 4

So far I love it. The game did not disappoint and the one year wait was worth it. I am very happy I got the game today, but playing it makes me wish i had the physical book in my possession. Sadly I missed out on the wizards edition :( I will probably import a japanese copy with the book, since they are bundled together on ebay for 50$ and hey, double trophy list..

But really, I love this game it's amazing. one hour in, I just reached the other world. The moment when the "ahem ahem" in the real world made me cry :( I did not think I could get this emotionally attached to characters 30 minutes in the game.... seriously...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. When that "event" happened, I was a little choked up myself but that may be because Oliver reminds me of my son and the reaction, writing and delivery was so real that it really stirred up emotions.

Parker

the game is touching for sure... i got really choked up (but won't admit on the forums that i cried, lol)...

Im about 5 hours into it and found a few of the hidden treasures... ran a couple errands... killed a bounty monster... maxed out my first familiar for his level... beat the first boss and so on...

to kirbs... the hard back guide pretty much has everything you need in it so the wizards companion is really just a collectors thing at this point (i really want it mostly for that).

but since this is a general discussion i have one question about the Gold Hurly DLC that comes with the strat guide pre-order... when does it unlock in game? I downloaded it but haven't been able to use it yet... :(

I love this game so far. It is beautiful, engaging, and fun to boot.

I have a question though, does anyone have any idea if any of the trophies are missable? I would really like to play through this game without needing to follow the guide, and I hope that I don't screw anything up. It is a really big game to have to play twice for one or two trophies.

Hands down, beautiful and compelling. The only annoyance is Mr. Drippy constantly blabbing, but I suppose that will die down as I progress through the game, less tutorials and such.

Blabbing? I like his voice.

Also, now that you mention it, I do see the resemblance to a Ferbie.

I've been tempted to buy this game, but for a RPG maniac like me, would you recommend it?

I'd recommend it, but always demo or rent before you buy. In a way, it's a combination of Kingdom Hearts and Dark Cloud.

let me add to that and say it reminds me of Dragon Quest and Zelda.

I would say that if you consider yourself to be an "RPG maniac" then it comes HIGHLY recommended

So how far is everyone in this game?

I'm at the Temple of Trials, Lv. 14. I let Esther have one of my Familiars because I didn't use it (Seed Sprite from Golden Grove).

By the way, what is your favorite Familiar so far and what is its name? My favorite is the Thumbelemur Familiar (Name: Murko). Although its defense isn't the best. I use the Mite Familiar (Name: Dowse) the most because its stats are balanced out. I hardly use Oliver unless I need to heal.

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR