Should we Receive Something for our Trophies?

CDYoung02

5 hours ago, CDYoung02 said:

Trophies currently are just a number and they don't give us anything so would it not be a good idea if we got something for them.

I don't think so. it seems like it would just encourage the kind of behavior we deplore. 

I like trophies because I like trophies. I think most trophy hunters feel the same.

Maybe not necessarily for getting the platinum, but maybe an avatar for completing the main scenario when applicable. I'd like to think that people can show others what they've played just by looking and maybe engage spoiler talk or help.

Way back when I thought that getting platinum should give players an exclusive piece of clothing in PS Home. Felt the same way about hats for Miis.

You might get admiration , praise and respect from trophy hunters or in opposite side , you might get weird looks , arrogance or indifference from those who just play the games and don't give a damn about collecting trophies.

Edited by Sigma999

For me personally getting themes etc etc etc for platting a game is senseless. Platting the game and the experience and enjoyment (or not) on getting the plat is rewarding enough in itself. If the DEVS gave me a reward in PSN discount codes on their future/past games/dlc's then yes, that makes more sense and a good enough reward for the effort......but that will never happen

• Like 1