Anyone else got a similar message?

mordeckai81

Hello

So I was minding my own business watching Netflix on my PS4 the other day and I get a random message from a user called "funtime_63" on PSN only saying "Hey there, u around?" now, I do not know this person nor I have him on my friends list, but I did a quick check and find he has zero games on his PSN ID, zero trophies.

Being an extremely cautious person with people I do not know over the internet I immediately blocked him, but I am curious if someone else got a msg from him or something similar.

5 minutes ago, mordeckai81 said:

Hello

So I was minding my own business watching Netflix on my PS4 the other day and I get a random message from a user called "funtime_63" on PSN only saying "Hey there, u around?" now, I do not know this person nor I have him on my friends list, but I did a quick check and find he has zero games on his PSN ID, zero trophies.

Being an extremely cautious person with people I do not know over the internet I immediately blocked him, but I am curious if someone else got a msg from him or something similar.

Sure did from someone called "Kelsey_pause" they initially sent me a smiley face and then went on to talking about joining them on webcam.. All I had to do was sign up to the website they gave me and put in my credit card details..

Looks like they're getting desperate.

• 4 weeks later...

oh well i got this one today, someone send me like ''what's up'' ask my age, tell me that was from the USA and invited me to a webcam show, send me a website and told that in there i could tell whatever i want him/her to do i lost my shit after that LOL and stoped to reply 

I have a received similar messages and I always look up their profile b4 I respond back. Yes level 1 and 0%. I don't usually reply back but instead i report the user. It's a scam or a person trolling around to be friends with u. Best to report right away. Other option simply set ur profile to private and only friends can receive ur messages. However, if u u are planning to boost with the group just check back to psnprofile session players list and add them there. 

• 4 months later...