What a blast this game is!

Wade_VC

3128637149_68974ee7b4.jpg

I have had this for a while, but have only started playing it the last couple of week, and I have to say this game is a blast...and I am not even a Baseball fan per se.

The physics are exceptional, and the graphics are equally amazing.

The game itself can be a little monotonous as you have to work your way through the minors, AA & AAA leagues to improve your players abilities. You have to work on and improve your pitching, batting, fielding and overall athletic skills in order to advance in the roster, your starting position and to be promoted to the big leagues. You start in the post season, work your way through Spring Training, the regular season and, if you performed well, in the playoffs.

If you like a good sports game that takes a bit of dedication, you may want to give MLB 09: The Show a try.

I saw this the other day in the store for $8. I think I'll have to pick it up on your reccomendation.

A word of warning: I don't think the online servers are still online for this game. If getting the online trophies is important, than you may want to check out the newer versions of The Show, but if you just want a great Baseball game, then yes, this is it and it can be found dirt cheap now as well.

A word of warning: I don't think the online servers are still online for this game. If getting the online trophies is important, than you may want to check out the newer versions of The Show, but if you just want a great Baseball game, then yes, this is it and it can be found dirt cheap now as well.

I can confirm the servers are down, I got the online trophies a day before the servers went down

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

MLB '10: The Show was finer tuned than '09. '11 has a new control scheme, according to what I've read. The Show has been my preferred MLB game of this current generation. However, they still haven't fixed issues that have been with the genre since the PSOne days. *sigh* IMO, it's the best series in the genre currently available. I've played the hell outta '10.

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/23/2022 at 3:39 AM, Knight20Templar said:

Yes this game is the best MLB The Show game. Wished it stayed like that. 

It absolutely is! '09 was my first ever The Show game, and after that I played 12, 14, 16, 18-20, 22 and 23.

09 is STILL the best among all of those, the physics are realistic enough to enjoy the game and still arcadey enough to actually have FUN. And the presentation, my god, sooooo goooood.

This is among my fav games of all time. Hell, there are actual EJECTIONS in here when a players disagrees with the ump on a bang-bang play at 1B. 

Oh SDS, how the mighty have fallen...