PS4 Downloading Problem

iMichal9

Hey I'm sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find anything on it.

Recently I have had a problem with downloading games, every time there is a message saying I don't have enough space although I have 40GB+

I tried rebuilding database but it only worked once and now the problem is back. 

Apparently you need to have double the space of the game your downloading but I'm trying to download DLC, and I do have the double needed. I'm trying to download Life is Strange Episodes. 5, 4 and 3 already installed but Episode 2 and 1 just won't. Any ideas?

Edited by iMichal9

If it says you don't have the space, you don't. I guess in your situation, delete 5 and 4 and get 1 and 2 first. 

Edit. Also could mean you may have a bad sector or two in your hdd. Which will suck.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

20 minutes ago, iMichal9 said:

Recently I have had a problem with downloading games, every time there is a message saying I don't have enough space although I have 40GB+

I tried rebuilding database but it only worked once and now the problem is back. 

Apparently you need to have double the space of the game your downloading but I'm trying to download DLC, and I do have the double needed. I'm trying to download the Life is Strange Episodes, 5, 4 and 3 already installed but Episode 2 and 1 just wont. Any ideas?

This happened to me with Uncharted 4 and what I had to do was go on to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action  and go to media, then select DOWNLOAD to MY PS4 and this fixed the problem immediately. Its some form of double verifying the account or the file you are downloading.

It also helps if your PS4 is ACTIVATED.

Edited by snacklepuss

3 minutes ago, snacklepuss said:

This happened to me and what I had to do was go on to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action  and go to media, then select DOWNLOAD to MY PS4 and this fixed the problem immediately. Its some form of double verifying the account or the file you are downloading.

It also helps if your PS4 is ACTIVATED.

Alright, I'll try that tomorrow then and I'll edit this post if it works.

6 minutes ago, iMichal9 said:

Alright, I'll try that tomorrow then and I'll edit this post if it works.

I had a check to verify what I said and the system seems changed..

So.......

Once logged into the above link, go to MEdia and Devices. Make sure its your PS4 thats active on your account, then also login to https://store.playstation.com/ and go to profile or account as this is where you select your "owned" Game and download to MY PS4.

Good luck

PS

Dont edit post, as the reply is a response which may help others.

Edited by snacklepuss

17 hours ago, snacklepuss said:

I had a check to verify what I said and the system seems changed..

So.......

Once logged into the above link, go to MEdia and Devices. Make sure its your PS4 thats active on your account, then also login to https://store.playstation.com/ and go to profile or account as this is where you select your "owned" Game and download to MY PS4.

Good luck

PS

Dont edit post, as the reply is a response which may help others.

Nope, it never worked. It says "Download Error" whenever I try. ?

Edited by iMichal9

19 hours ago, iMichal9 said:

Apparently you need to have double the space of the game your downloading but I'm trying to download DLC, and I do have the double needed. I'm trying to download Life is Strange Episodes. 5, 4 and 3 already installed but Episode 2 and 1 just won't. Any ideas?

I've been having the same issue once I got down to the 40GB mark, so you're not alone on this one, the PS4 won't even let me install disc based games that require far less than 40GB. I just assumed the PS4 locked away that 40GB for some reason. I'm interested  for comparison, what model PS4 are you running vanilla, slim, or pro?

Because of this I've been thinking recently that it might be time for me to pick up a 2TB external hard drive, then hdd space will no longer be a problem, maybe you should consider it too.

Edited by paranoia_agent85

2 hours ago, iMichal9 said:

Nope, it never worked. It says "Download Error" whenever I try. 1f914.png

You have done the restore licences option I am assuming?Also....Go to PS4 settings, and then save data, go to the saved data in Console and see if there are save files still there belonging to that particular game (Assuming you have PS plus) most games are set to Auto Upload Save Data, whereupon you will  have a backup saved online by default when you choose to delete the assumed offline save data/files.

PS When it says "Download Error" have you went to that area and pressed X where it explains what the error is or why the download failed?

If all else fails, go to your Error codes and pair them up with the exact time the Download Fails and then Google the error codes. This will give you a more detailed explanation of whats wrong and then link you to the official PS Online forums. 

Edited by snacklepuss

On 6/21/2017 at 4:40 PM, paranoia_agent85 said:

I've been having the same issue once I got down to the 40GB mark, so you're not alone on this one, the PS4 won't even let me install disc based games that require far less than 40GB. I just assumed the PS4 locked away that 40GB for some reason. I'm interested  for comparison, what model PS4 are you running vanilla, slim, or pro?

Because of this I've been thinking recently that it might be time for me to pick up a 2TB external hard drive, then hdd space will no longer be a problem, maybe you should consider it too.

I'm using the original PS4 that came out at release date.

On 6/21/2017 at 5:24 PM, snacklepuss said:

You have done the restore licences option I am assuming?Also....Go to PS4 settings, and then save data, go to the saved data in Console and see if there are save files still there belonging to that particular game (Assuming you have PS plus) most games are set to Auto Upload Save Data, whereupon you will  have a backup saved online by default when you choose to delete the assumed offline save data/files.

PS When it says "Download Error" have you went to that area and pressed X where it explains what the error is or why the download failed?

If all else fails, go to your Error codes and pair them up with the exact time the Download Fails and then Google the error codes. This will give you a more detailed explanation of whats wrong and then link you to the official PS Online forums. 

There is no error code it just says I need to delete unnecessary content so I assume the 40GB has been taken away from me like Paranola_agent said. I'm just going to buy a hard drive and that will probably solve the problem?

Edited by iMichal9

In that case.I.E a spare external......

You should be in a better position that most. If you think about it; that 40GB may be enough to you and for your install.

However, when any other game you have installed needs updates and DLC downloads, or Firmware releases then your 40GB is a problem.

40GB is zilch to the amount of Silently_Installed_Updates.

I misread our problem. I assumed you already knew this. BTW just so you know, there is an error code section on your PS4; if you go to settings and then set your preferences over what to do with error codes. 

Hope he external works out... Good luck

Edited by snacklepuss