Do you like your current residence?

SlaveBeastTaka

Honestly? I don't like it very much, The state I live in doesn't feel like part of Australia. The acts of stupidity are non stop, there is no real news service apart from local non news stories, no-one seems to know what is happening in the rest of the world, a day doesn't pass without one of my co-workers asking how to spell something. The education and health systems are both completely shit yet people want to yell out "Queenslander!" like it's gods country, mainly because we have a good rugby league team, Yes, Just one rugby league team. People here generally hate other states and possibly places (Countries)? I don't know, it's all in defense of what we lack.

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1

No, it always smells like weed and other weird smells (friend says it smells like Sasquatch ass) in the hallway, luckily my apartment smells normal.

another problem is it was never really fixed up. 

It's safe, but I'm just glad I'm moving to a nicer apartment in a few months

• Like 1

I like my house but the neighbourhood is kinda shit. 

Burnt out cars & houses. Got idiots racing up the road 24/7 like it's a raceway despite the fact there's kangaroos everywhere & kids running around. Add in more idiots riding motorbikes in the empty lots across the street and in the park. Plus all the domestics that happen almost weekly. 

• Like 2

Yes. I love the city and the apartment that I live in. I mean, the apartment could be better but when you compare it to my past flats... yeah, this one is really nice. I love the board floor and the old feel this building has (well, it was built like in -29 so yeah). And even though I live in an apartment house, my neighbors are for the most part really quiet. And the neighborhood itself is also really cool.

Sydney's alright. Just pricey. My current place is spacier than the  small student studio I was staying at before. Got better internet here, more kitchen space. I'm just deliberating if I should continue to stay here or move out to Byron Bay or Queensland, in my 20s so I can buy my first home sooner, than later.

Edited by Eraezr

I live in a really expensive area in an apartment that my parents bought, but everything around the area is really expensive for me so even to just get groceries I have to walk a good bit to a normal one as the one nearby is pricy, like €2 for one eggplant kind of thing. It's also full of these posh bars and brunch places which I can't afford and wouldn't want to anyway as I'm the introvert who would rather stay in than go out. I like the fact that it's a nice safe area and the apartment is a luxury one, but I dislike the fact that I feel awkward and out of place financially. Also, my neighbours are so noisy and annoying. I will be emigrating soon though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Sydney's alright. Just pricey. My current place is spacier than the  small student studio I was staying at before. Got better internet here, more kitchen space. I'm just deliberating if I should continue to stay here or move out to Byron Bay or Queensland, in my 20s so I can buy my first home sooner, than later.

Are you a Sydney sider? Honestly there's a billion things wrong with this place of which I wouldn't go into detail. Seriously, you'd be signing your life away.

20 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Are you a Sydney sider? Honestly there's a billion things wrong with this place of which I wouldn't go into detail. Seriously, you'd be signing your life away.

Haha. How about just entailing the handful of reasons?

The house I live in needed maintenance when we moved in and so me and my family had to do it. I hate having to do any home maintenance, myself, but my mom and dad don't seem to mind; the house was within their budget. Even to this day, this house is still being worked on. So, I don't like the house entirely. It does have a nice view of the bay, though.

As for the location, the neighbors are not noisy, which is good; it is close to a ferry terminal to Metro Vancouver so I can just walk there and then take the bus to other parts of Metro Vancouver; and it is also within walking distance to a grocery store and a few bus stops. It used to have the smell of the mill from the other side of town, but I haven't smelled it in more than a decade. I don't think it's the safest neighborhood, though, as I occasionally hear raving and cussing teens and adults walking by in the middle of the night.

The house itself I do like. It's a very old house, even when I moved it was already well maintained, despite a few insects during the summer because of a farm just behind the house. Other than that I don't like the neighborhood that much. The only grocery shop in the vicinity closes too early, if it opens at all, one bus stop with one bus passing every 45 minutes and not really close to anything in general. Maybe I'm more used to the urban area in which I used to live in almost 2 years ago, which is where I still mostly spend my weekends. The only positive thing I can think of apart from the house, is that it's a quiet area. Apart from the nearest church bells, you won't hear much of anything else, which is nice.

Yea, I love the city and the place we live.

The apartment is on a relatively small complex which is surrounded by gorgeous live oak trees, means we get a lot of wildlife and I love watching the birds.  It's pretty quiet too as we are set away from the main roads.  The apartment interior is more than enough for husband and I, the kitchen is nice which is what matters most for me, the bedroom is large, plus we've been able to create a proper side by side gaming set up.  We have our own garden too which is private lock-gated.

The city is pretty active, as it's a university town, however there don't seem to be a lot of problems.  There are a lot of free activities provided at the local parks (like yoga, zumba etc.) plus there are a lot of touristy type of attractions around the area.  The weather is nice most of the time, and public transport is abundant.

This is all in comparison to where we lived in Washington where it rained most of the time, the house was a moldy shithole with bad electrics that the landlord didn't care about and the town stank like cabbage farts (due to a wood mill nearby) and was also filled with meth heads.

On 24/06/2017 at 8:36 AM, Eraezr said:

Haha. How about just entailing the handful of reasons?

The most important being the cost of living which is expensive, followed by the unrealistic real estate market. Unless you want to live in a McMansion in the middle of the sticks? Employment and wages are not like Syd and Mel.

It's okay, nothing special, but it has just about the right amount of space. Only thing I really don't like about it is that it doesn't have a driveway, so I have to park my car on the road just outside my house, and unfortunately, most of the other neighbours have to as well, and there's been occasions where I've had to park quite a bit away from home because there's no space outside my house.

Nope.  Not at all.  Hate it.  It's cheap, which was great when I was younger, through periods of unemployment, etc.  It's nice enough... I've just seriously outgrown it, been here probably a year or two longer than most people would consider reasonable.  In terms of space and cramped-ness, in terms of living conditions (ie. if its too hot outside, it's about 20 degrees hotter in here), in terms of disrespectful roommates and their s**tty smells, etc.  Only advantage, again, is that's its a cheap place to live.  Which is cute when your younger, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and just happy to be out of mom and dad's place... not so much when you're in your late 20's and gainfully employed (for now anyways).

Time for an upgrade.  That's why I bought a house, and will be moving into it within the next month. ??

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1