The Great Music Exchange

Waffle-Sensei

♫ The Great Music Exchange 

Don't know if this would be the correct place for something like this, but I saw the idea for this on another forum and I thought that, after being a fairly frequent visitor to the "What Are You Listening To?" thread, it could be interesting since everyone on here seems to have a pretty varied taste in music and what they like. If this is deemed too similar to that specific thread and the Song Vote then this thread can be closed, but I thought it would be a neat idea to try and share tastes in music.

"Sign-ups" for people to suggest music will be going on until July 5th (this thread is early, but I'm going on vacation soon). Everyone can suggest one album at a time, then there will be four albums (chosen at random if we get more than four people to join) that we will all listen to over the course of four weeks (a week for each album) and have time to post our thoughts, opinions, etc. on said album in this thread. There will be another sign-up period at the end of the first "batch" of albums for more people to join in and suggest. If anyone gets left out for suggestions, they will get a later chance! The first album suggestion will be rolled out on July 10th, after I have picked the first four who will suggest the music on the July 5th (again, that is if we get more than four people) they will have to PM me what their album suggestions are (included should be a Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube, SoundCloud, etc. link to the album) sometime before then if they want their suggestion to be put up first, otherwise they must PM me over the course of the four week span. The first four week span is July 10th - August 6th.

If you have any questions or want to participate then post below!

Now, onto the "rules":

-- All forum rules apply.

-- You can dislike or hate a genre, album, artist, etc., but pointlessly bashing it is a no-go here. Be reasonable and sophisticated with your complaints and always elaborate and give real reason on why you may not like something. Shouldn't be much of a problem on here, but just want to be sure. :)

-- If you sign up for suggestions and do not participate in the "reviewing" portion of this or if you constantly drop in-drop out just because you don't like a certain genre, artist, or just don't want to listen to others' music, then you will no longer be considered for suggestions. This isn't just for you to suggest music, others want their stuff heard as well.

-- Don't complain if you don't get picked. Picking will be at random and those who are not picked the first time will have priority the second time. Just be patient.

-- Any other music discussion not related to the suggested music during the given week for that album, then it should go to the "What Are You Listening To?" thread, at the very least. This thread is for what we are listening to for the week, unless otherwise stated by myself.

-- Have fun!

Hope those rules don't seem too harsh, but I just want to ensure that everyone gets their time to suggest music and listen to something new.

Participants:

1. Waffles

Albums:

None yet!

:) 

Edited by Waffles
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...