Ok, im stucked at dark yojimbo. Last problem before plat.

Stadsfiskalen

I have grinded all spheres now for all chars. Mostly mana and speed spheres on the empty grids.

I have used zanmato on all bosses and dark aeons. I have only dark yojimbo left now and i dont know what to do to kill him 5 times. I used zanmato 3 times with 500.000 gil every time and it worked the 3 first times. The fourth it was a failure and i tried to kill him normal. I called in my other aeons, magus sister and anima with full overdrive. But it wasnt good either. Animas overdive did like 150k damage only and magus sister the same i think. And they died soon after.

My main chars have only 9999k life and even though i hit pretty hard, i always miss bacuase i dont have any luck. Then i tried use doublecast with ultima, but it only hit him for 30k. Am i screwed now or shall i reload the save and hope i get 5 zanmatos?

Keep doing Doublecast, since that seems to be the only way to hit him with no Luck. Use Auto Life a lot (Rikku's Mix is very good for this, I forget what the recipe is but she has one which puts all 3 characters in Auto Life). For Zanmato, bring in an Aeon, since his Zanmato removes Auto Life as it kills you. Is your Magic maxed out? If it is, use Flare as this has a shorter animation and does roughly the same damage as Ultima. If it isn't, it may be a good idea to go back to the Sphere Grid and max out the Magic (even though farming Dark Flan is a pain).

Good luck!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

I have a save with all characters stats at 255 and max everything.

Why are we having this conversation? You can just hit Yojimbo like normal. With your high Luck, what's the problem?

This sounds like a lie.

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Impossible.You wouldn't have enough nodes in the SG for that

Probably cheating? I would guess this is a lame attempt at soliciting a save file.

Edited by starcrunch061

luckily, I have found my post from 3 years ago about Yojimbo

My 3 characters BTW are Auron, Rikku and Yuna.... aside from they are the only 3 characters so far that I have 100 Luck.... Auron because he is the one that have the Ribbon accessory made it from getting x99 Dark Matter as reward for unlocking something in Monster Arena.... Rikku for Mix... and Yuna for C. Weapon that only use 1 MP...

Equipments:
Auron
- Fully Upgraded C. Weapon
- Accessory/Armor with Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Deathproof, Ribbon (yeah... he's almost invincible)

Rikku
- Accessory/Armor with Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Stoneproof

Yuna
- Acc/Armor with Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Stoneproof, Slowproof ( :P This same armor is the same one I used with D. Bahamut less the Auto-Haste... too broke to Bribe Machea before :P)

Abilities/Stats:

-3 of them learned all Abilities SG has to offer and activated all nodes ESG has to offer... 255 stats for all except Magic(not going to use a single Magic Sphere) and 100 Luck (ATM I still have 60+ empty nodes...)

Others(really needed)
-2 decoy members with First Strike Ability (In my case Kimhari and Lulu)
-Rikku with Max Overdrive and set to Comrade...
-optional: Yuna and Auron with full Max Overdrive just in case needed to Entrust to Rikku... 

My strategy:

For First Round

-since the first battle is 100% Ambush... put the 2 decoy members with First Strike Weapon plus Auron, so that the 3 characters will still have a turn before Yojimbo... In first turn, Quick Hit using Auron, the next one switch with Yuna and do Quick Hit/Copycat, last character switch with Rikku and Mix Ultra NullAll... why UltraNullAll? I've read somewhere that there is a 33% Chance that DY will use Wakizashi which deal 12k damage even with 255 stats and Auto-Protect... I just need UltraNullAll's x5 cheer... with x5 cheer, damage is reduced to 7k...

-for next succeeding turns...
-----> if Dark Yojimbo (DY) use Daigoro, have someone's next 2 turns(I recommend the first one to move after DY turn) to use Esuna to the one that is hit by Daigoro then use Curaga to return Ally's health to 9999... others still continue to hit DY with Quick Hits...
-----> if DY use Kozuka, have someone's next 2 turns to use Dispel then Curaga to ally that is hit.... Dispel removes the Breaks made by Kozuka, It also dispelled the Nul Elements but not the effect of Cheers ;)...others still continue to hit DY with Quick Hits...
-----> If DY use Wakizashi, have all characters first turns to heal with Curaga... then next turn, have all 3 characters hit DY with Quick Hits
-----> If DY's Overdrive Gauge is full, make sure to have Yuna's last turn to Summon (Grand Summon if you want) any Aeon to be Zanmato'ed... then just spam Quick HIts(QH)...

in my experience, even with 100 Luck, my characters still misses 1-4 times but with spamming QH, DY is defeated before it's Overdrive Gauge is full... 

If you are still having difficulty hitting DY, you may resort to have Yuna DualCast Flare/Ultima then the 2 members use CopyCat...

For Second to Fifth Round...

whew... no more Ambush... you don't need Kimhari and Lulu in the active party before fighting him, just put Yuna, Rikku and Auron in front line... also instead of Rikku using OD to Mix UltraNullAll.. use the first 5 turns to cast Cheer.... this is sufficient to survive DY's Wakizashi... then for extra turns before DY turn, spam QH...

for next turn(s), same as above strategy...

notes:

-Do not bother casting Auto-Life at all, it is somehow useless since you'll still see Game Over when he use Zanmato in your party...
-In relation to above, don't be hard headed and take Zanmato with your party, sacrifice one of Yunie's Aeon to take hit from Zanmato...
-You can also use some other party member, e.g. Tidus and/or Wakka then use their OD (Blitz Ace/Attack Reels), other party member(s) use Entrust, repeat the process, this is a good strategy too since OD don't miss and with C. Weapon fully upgraded with OD set to Comrade - you can spam Tidus and/or Wakka's OD... 

Edited by JaM

First off, make sure you got Yuna overdrive. I can't remember if you can make Yojimbo also save his overdrive, or be close to overdrive. Anyway, you want both overdrives to reduce luck! :) Save before going for it. You'll want to rely on luck for two of the fights, and their overdrive for the other ones.

You can also study how Yojimbo works here, you'll save yourself a lot of headache reading a bit about it:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/18486

And just to be clear, this is to make him use Zanmato to kill him every time. :) 

Ok, some of the advice i got here was ridicilous. I used some other advice from another forum and i killed dark yojimbo easily. 

20 hours ago, evilartifact said:

Keep doing Doublecast, since that seems to be the only way to hit him with no Luck. Use Auto Life a lot (Rikku's Mix is very good for this, I forget what the recipe is but she has one which puts all 3 characters in Auto Life). For Zanmato, bring in an Aeon, since his Zanmato removes Auto Life as it kills you. Is your Magic maxed out? If it is, use Flare as this has a shorter animation and does roughly the same damage as Ultima. If it isn't, it may be a good idea to go back to the Sphere Grid and max out the Magic (even though farming Dark Flan is a pain).

Good luck!

Thanks for a good advice. The method i used was similiar with yours. It was really easy that way :)