L.A. Noire remaster Realeases November 14

snakebit10

1 hour ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the game originally supposed to be a ps3 exclusive, guess Microsoft got so pissed went to Rockstar studio and throw money at team bondi for a 360 port, the results is the 360 version got downgraded graphically, the facial animation remain the same as the ps3's but the draw distance on objectsome like cars, buildings, and the shadows and small details like rocks and small bits wasn't on pair with the ps3's.

Heard stories about XBox 360s and, to a lesser extent, PS3s overheating because of it.

3 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Yeah so? They own the Ip, they can put anyone they want working on this supposed Remaster, Team Bondi isn't needed.

Team Bondi, being an independent developer, had all the code that was needed to create the game in the first place. Rockstar just put it on the shelves, Bondi wasn't a Rockstar studio. So Rockstar has the L.A. Noire name, do they have the brick and mortar the game was built out of as well? Because they're going to need something to remaster first before they release a remaster. Which is why I doubt its existence, because I hadn't heard anything about Rockstar getting the material that they made the game out of in the liquidation.

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Honestly, I don't know how marketable a game with the word "Whore" in the title would be.

You just know some people would be extremely upset.

7 hours ago, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

It would probably make it sell better, especially if they changed the name at the last possible point. Controversy like that has only ever resulted in better sales as long as the game itself is decent, though having a curse word in the title may make people think twice about wanting to be seen with it.

You do realise that "Whore Of The Orient" was one of the nicknames of Shanghai back in those days, right?

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Anyway, I love LA Noire so I wouldn't mind getting a remaster for it. Even though I lack just a few trophies from the platinum on the PS3 version. I just can't be bothered to hunt down the ten remaining cars that I haven't found yet.

If someone knows of a cheap way of finding cars you haven't unlocked, I'm all ears.

7 hours ago, ElyssarArFeiniel said:

Getting those last few common cars is a bitch. Just keep trying the method of going into the display, pressing x, then loading a game. The wikia has some good tips for locations, though most of the specific areas (like car parks and driveways) are actually random, unless they are a quest location, then they tend to be set cars. Very satisfying platinum when it pops.

I don't have the PS3 platinum but I did finish the game on X360 to 100%. If I recall correctly, there are a few car lists going around with some pretty good searching spots, I remember spending less time on finding the cars than on collecting those movie reels.

I now feel like going back to L.A. Noire.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Worth a mention that the source of these rumors was the first to spill the beans on the Mario + Rabbids game as well as Scalebound's cancellation and those turned out to be true so don't dismiss this thing yet...

I won't dismiss it outright but I don't really think the odds of this actually happening are that high.

4 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the game originally supposed to be a ps3 exclusive, guess Microsoft got so pissed went to Rockstar studio and throw money at team bondi for a 360 port, the results is the 360 version got downgraded graphically, the facial animation remain the same as the ps3's but the draw distance on objectsome like cars, buildings, and the shadows and small details like rocks and small bits wasn't on pair with the ps3's.

I didn't know it was supposed to be an exclusive but I do know that I needed three discs to play the game on X360 (since it does not work on blu-ray discs like PS3 does), it's the only game next to Mass Effect 2 where I remember having to switch discs mid-game.

Also, the PS3 had an exclusive mission, "The Consul's Car" or something like that.

4 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Yeah so? They own the Ip, they can put anyone they want working on this supposed Remaster, Team Bondi isn't needed.

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

Team Bondi, being an independent developer, had all the code that was needed to create the game in the first place. Rockstar just put it on the shelves, Bondi wasn't a Rockstar studio. So Rockstar has the L.A. Noire name, do they have the brick and mortar the game was built out of as well? Because they're going to need something to remaster first before they release a remaster. Which is why I doubt its existence, because I hadn't heard anything about Rockstar getting the material that they made the game out of in the liquidation.

Yeah... Except that Rockstar didn't just put it on the shelves. Team Bondi was in pretty big trouble during development and Rockstar stepped in, to the point of even sending in a lot of people to help work on the game, including programmers and animators but also a fair few higher-ups who overturned some decisions that would likely have hurt the game's quality and sales. The end product is as much a Rockstar developed game as it is a Team Bondi game, Bondi would never have made it to the end if not for Rockstar taking over. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rockstar has all of the game's code stored somewhere, even without the information above it's not a farfetched assumption at all.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah... Except that Rockstar didn't just put it on the shelves. Team Bondi was in pretty big trouble during development and Rockstar stepped in, to the point of even sending in a lot of people to help work on the game, including programmers and animators but also a fair few higher-ups who overturned some decisions that would likely have hurt the game's quality and sales. The end product is as much a Rockstar developed game as it is a Team Bondi game, Bondi would never have made it to the end if not for Rockstar taking over. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rockstar has all of the game's code stored somewhere, even without the information above it's not a farfetched assumption at all.

We'll see eventually. I'm still 90% sure this is completely bogus.

Just now, damon8r351 said:

We'll see eventually. I'm still 90% sure this is completely bogus.

I'd put those odds of it being bogus even higher, just not because I think Rockstar does not have the code :)

Rockstar doesn't always rush to make remastered versions of their games, GTA V had a lot of extra work done and was a good candidate because it also has online.

I think Rockstar would create a new title in the franchise before doing a remaster, though a polished version would be possible if they're actually making a sequel (just like the odds of Red Dead Redemption getting a remaster have increased now). I do believe that at least Rockstar owns all of the rights for the L.A. Noire name and content, none of that has stayed with Bondi.

... Come to think of it, I think Rockstar working on an L.A. Noire sequel would be just about the only reason possible that a remaster of the original would even be considered. I don't think Rockstar would give such a job to a non-Rockstar company and I don't think it would be considered important enough for them unless they're going to do more with the franchise.

16 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

One of those games I didn't get to play and would like to. Was actually thinking about getting a PS3 copy so wouldn't mind if it came out for the PS4. Don't think it will tbh

The game is lots of fun and just like the other old Rockstar games, it's on sales on PSN very often.

Just remember, the game HUD says your three options in questioning suspects are "truth, doubt, lie" but as the character in the tutorial missions informs you, it's really not like that.

• Truth: Yeah, the person is telling the truth, you believe them.
  • Lie: You can prove that the person is not telling the truth thanks to some item you have picked up during the case, you will confront them with this proof.
  • Doubt: here is the biggest problem. It's not so much "doubt" as it is "you think the person is not telling the truth so you'll have to roughen them up a bit", meaning you shout accusations at them, trying to coerce them into telling the truth.

If you don't realise this difference, it can get very confusing when you doubt someone and Phelps suddenly starts shouting at them B)

I think Zero Punctuation has a very good review on the game though I can't recall if it has any big spoilers.

I playe

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

The game is lots of fun and just like the other old Rockstar games, it's on sales on PSN very often.

Just remember, the game HUD says your three options in questioning suspects are "truth, doubt, lie" but as the character in the tutorial missions informs you, it's really not like that.

• Truth: Yeah, the person is telling the truth, you believe them.
  • Lie: You can prove that the person is not telling the truth thanks to some item you have picked up during the case, you will confront them with this proof.
  • Doubt: here is the biggest problem. It's not so much "doubt" as it is "you think the person is not telling the truth so you'll have to roughen them up a bit", meaning you shout accusations at them, trying to coerce them into telling the truth.

If you don't realise this difference, it can get very confusing when you doubt someone and Phelps suddenly starts shouting at them B)

I think Zero Punctuation has a very good review on the game though I can't recall if it has any big spoilers.

So looks like I will get it on the PS3 so long because it feels like I'm missing out on a good game. Thanks for the heads up "truth, doubt, lie" Will check the review on Zero Punctuation as well. Thanks buddy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

I playe

So looks like I will get it on the PS3 so long because it feels like I'm missing out on a good game. Thanks for the heads up "truth, doubt, lie" Will check the review on Zero Punctuation as well. Thanks buddy.

You're welcome, and have fun, it really is a great game. And not "hey let's jump on the TLOU bandwagon because it has great presentation even though it has bland gameplay" great, L.A. Noire truly is a unique gem, if a little bit rough around the edges.

25 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

A remaster? Why?

First person mode would be messy and pointless, (like it was on GTA V)

PS3 version graphics were outstanding, I'd say LA Noire is the game with best graphics on PS3.

Have to disagree here; while I don't see the point of having first person in L.A. Noire, I thought it was brilliant in GTA V and kept playing through the game like that even after getting the trophy.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

You're welcome, and have fun, it really is a great game. And not "hey let's jump on the TLOU bandwagon because it has great presentation even though it has bland gameplay" great, L.A. Noire truly is a unique gem, if a little bit rough around the edges.

Actually I've played many "little bit rough around the edges" games and enjoyed it more then the over hyped AAA games. So you're 100% right. Going to get a physical copy on sale and will let you know................how good or shit it is:giggle:

7 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Heard stories about XBox 360s and, to a lesser extent, PS3s overheating because of it.

yeah that over heating though...

games like the uncharted series, little big planet series, the last of us, infamous 2, gran tourismo 5 and 6, beyond: two souls, ratchet and clank future series... games with "heavy focusing on online gaming" or games with super good graphics on ps3 used to overheating the ps3, especially the older fat models.

don't know if its true but i heard the L.A Noire overheating the consoles was a different story, it was an issue within the game itself and the console frameware update something, as Sony and Microsoft need some sort of an update patch for their consoles so the game run with no problems

10 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Rockstar Leeds was the studio that brought L.A. Noire to PC, so Rockstar for sure have all the source code of the game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Rockstar Leeds was the studio that brought L.A. Noire to PC, so Rockstar for sure have all the source code of the game.

Actually, Team Bondi was doing "bad/not good enough" job developing the game and Rockstar themselves had to help to finish the development proccess and they have the code for sure.

You can research about Team Bondi's employees controversy with Rockstar. I read it in a couple of articles online.

Anyway, I still don't want it on PS4, because it is an amazing game on PS3 and no features/improvements would be added. So, if anyone is willing to play it, just has to get it for PS3 (or X360 / PC).

7 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Still they are remastering ps3 games ? ps5 is not far from being made and they are still going back to older games 1f611.png

Hate to break it to you, but the PS5 isn't coming until at least 2020. And even that's probably still too soon. Sony isn't feeling the need to rush into the next generation by any stretch of the imagination. Nor should they. Their success with this console is the best they've had in their entire history. 

Just think about what that means before you assume they'll make a new console just because of the Xbox One X.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, if people want it. more power to them, but I played it once, and honestly, I don't get the hubbub.

It was the very first game that really focused on facial animations and mocap work. To the point where I feel like it changed the entire industry's expectations on what should be expected from a AAA developer.

1 minute ago, Valyrious said:

It was the very first game that really focused on facial animations and mocap work. To the point where I feel like it changed the entire industry's expectations on what should be expected from a AAA developer.

Maybe, but not for the better (at least in this gamer's opinion). 

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Maybe, but not for the better (at least in this gamer's opinion). 

If not for what LA Noire did, I don't think Mass Effect Andromeda's facial animation dilemma would have never happened. You see a game like LA Noire, and you see that they put a lot of love and care into it. And then you see an abomination like Mass Effect Andromeda and you can't help but laugh at how goddamn bad the facial animation is.

I do love LA Noire for everything else that it does, but I know their facial animations was their biggest selling point when it originally came out, so it's probably the thing that they're most proud of.

29 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Actually, Team Bondi was doing "bad/not good enough" job developing the game and Rockstar themselves had to help to finish the development proccess and they have the code for sure.

You can research about Team Bondi's employees controversy with Rockstar. I read it in a couple of articles online.

Thanks mate, I know, since followed the development of L.A. Noire quite closely back in the day. I mentioned R* Leeds, ‘cos sending some people to help finish the project doesn’t necessarily mean Rockstar had acquired the complete source code, meanwhile porting the entire game to another platform, like PC, does.

Edited by Se7en