Reporting dirty players

bpmotard

13 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

No pun intended, but is it possible to report players that are taking you out instead of racing properly? Or am I making a huge drama out of this? 

If it's a racing game, you probably have to just deal with it. Try a different lobby. It may be that they aren't very good yet at the game. It can also be that the game is t well designed for online play. I know in a lot of racers the first couple of corners are just chaos due to poor design. 

If someone is really going out of their way to ruin the experience for everyone, you can try filing a grief report with Sony.

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You can report games as a Premium Member.

Pretty sure he isn't referring to trophies. So no, you can't use the premium membership to report poor gamesmanship.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, most racing games have no way of reporting or dealing with players like this. In other games (haven't played Dirt 4 yet) I've found that hanging back a bit at the start and letting the other players pass me will leave me out of the first corner chaos and I can simply pass the idiots that want to ram people off track and the only time I need to worry about them again in on the next lap. 

You could always try to contact Codemasters on Twitter, they seem to be pretty active and may appreciate ideas or feedback on bad players. 

Parker

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

If it's a racing game, you probably have to just deal with it. Try a different lobby. It may be that they aren't very good yet at the game. It can also be that the game is t well designed for online play. I know in a lot of racers the first couple of corners are just chaos due to poor design. 

If someone is really going out of their way to ruin the experience for everyone, you can try filing a grief report with Sony.

Pretty sure he isn't referring to trophies. So no, you can't use the premium membership to report poor gamesmanship.

21 minutes ago, Parker said:

Unfortunately, most racing games have no way of reporting or dealing with players like this. In other games (haven't played Dirt 4 yet) I've found that hanging back a bit at the start and letting the other players pass me will leave me out of the first corner chaos and I can simply pass the idiots that want to ram people off track and the only time I need to worry about them again in on the next lap. 

You could always try to contact Codemasters on Twitter, they seem to be pretty active and may appreciate ideas or feedback on bad players. 

Parker

I wish it was the first corner... I'm used to dealing with that chaos, and I've played a lot of racing games to know when they are being complete douches... But don't take my word for it, I saved the replay, have a look (On lap 3 he starts to do his thing...):

3 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Is there an option to "kick" players from the race who are misbehaving?

Only if you are the lobby leader :|

• Like 1

why would you report the guy?...looks like an opponent who has a sort of mariokart mentality...intimidated by your skill, doesn't feel he can win legit, so tries to take you out cheaply on the final lap to win...take it as a compliment and move on is what I suggest...is it frustrating?...probably, yes, if you are competitive and take the game seriously...is it worth reporting?...not imo...is the guy using mods?...is he using a cheap glitch exploit?...did he quit the match leaving you in the lobby alone just before you were about to win?...where does this idea that there should be some kind of fair play rules for public online lobbies come from and if there were any where would the list end?...

you didn't try hard enough, reported...

you tried too hard, reported...

you weren't skilled enough, reported...

you went off the track, reported...

you took a shortcut, reported...

you touched my car, reported...

you didn't play by my unwritten rules and standards, reported...

I don't know, man...seems like you're overreacting to me...some people are cheap but still have a competitive personality meaning will do anything to try to win...and others just want to ruin people's fun...accept it, join a new lobby, move on...no reason to get frustrated to the point of wanting to report them...sometimes even the ai for games is cheap...never played the game but seems like you're quite skilled at it so expect to be a target for cheap players...

side note: sometimes being good will get you kicked...all part of the online experience...

Edited by ProfBambam55
So many typos...ugh...
  • Like 2

I saw nothing wrong in the video. Dude crashed hard into you from behind, and? It's a video game. I remember in GT1, I used the faster opponent cars as sort of a shield to guide me through the corners with little slow downs.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

Just looks like he got really aggressive in the second half of the race. I wouldn't even be offended by the hits as much as he literally cut the entire last corner of the track at the end there lol

Other than that, I don't know what else you would expect from racing online, barely anyone plays by "the rules". Hell, Gran Turismo 5 was most just people using their cars as bumper cars the entire race. People are going to try and bump you off the road, that's a tactic - a not so clean one - but it's still a tactic.

I don't believe Codie scrapped the online reputation system, in Grid: Autosports if you are a clean driver (white rating) you will almost never encounter a bad player, and if they try to do something like hitting you about 100 Km/h above you ideal, he will be ghosted and hit the next wall full force.

Rallycross is more contact based than most racing disciplines, but he didn't receiving a time penalty for the last hit is beyond the pale, although I think the first hit he just got surprised in you entering his line after the joker and didn't react in time. 

Also, seeing the overall mentality in this thread finally makes me realize why online lobbies in racing games tends to be so shitty. ?

I'm also quite surprised that he didn't receive a time penalty for making such a contact. I'm not sure but IIRC I got such a penalty once I crashed into the AI in a local race but I'm not really sure right now. :hmm:

1 hour ago, ElBolovo said:

although I think the first hit he just got surprised in you entering his line after the joker and didn't react in time. 

At least in local play you are warned by the spotter that a car might cross your line.

@bpmotard Does the spotter also give comments in the multiplayer?

Can't comment on the fact if the other player did it on purpose or not but all I can say is that I had quite a few crashes (only harming myself) in that corner right after the bump as it's easy to drive too fast. Also can't comment on the overall mentality of the online community as the only session where I could hit other cars was my first and only public Landrush-session. Otherwise I solely sticked to Rally (mostly via Pro Tour). Might have to give it another go as Landrush = best mode. :D

9 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

why would you report the guy?...looks like an opponent who has a sort of mariokart mentality...intimidated by your skill, doesn't feel he can win legit, so tries to take you out cheaply on the final lap to win...take it as a compliment and move on is what I suggest...is it frustrating?...probably, yes, if you are competitive and take the game seriously...is it worth reporting?...not imo...is the guy using mods?...is he using a cheap glitch exploit?...did he quit the match leaving you in the lobby alone just before you were about to win?...where does this idea that there should be some kind of fair play rules for public online lobbies come from and if there were any where would the list end?...

you didn't try hard enough, reported...

you tried too hard, reported...

you weren't skilled enough, reported...

you went off the track, reported...

you took a shortcut, reported...

you touched my car, reported...

you didn't play by my unwritten rules and standards, reported...

I don't know, man...seems like you're overreacting to me...some people are cheap but still have a competitive personality meaning will do anything to try to win...and others just want to ruin people's fun...accept it, join a new lobby, move on...no reason to get frustrated to the point of wanting to report them...sometimes even the ai for games is cheap...never played the game but seems like you're quite skilled at it so expect to be a target for cheap players...

side note: sometimes being good will get you kicked...all part of the online experience...

Yeah, I know what you mean, I guess I overeacted a lot. When I got to play online for my first time I used to be really cheap too against other players, I think I'll have to deal with it and move on ahah 

5 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

I don't believe Codie scrapped the online reputation system, in Grid: Autosports if you are a clean driver (white rating) you will almost never encounter a bad player, and if they try to do something like hitting you about 100 Km/h above you ideal, he will be ghosted and hit the next wall full force.

Rallycross is more contact based than most racing disciplines, but he didn't receiving a time penalty for the last hit is beyond the pale, although I think the first hit he just got surprised in you entering his line after the joker and didn't react in time. 

Also, seeing the overall mentality in this thread finally makes me realize why online lobbies in racing games tends to be so shitty. 1f601.png

Yeah... I wish that kind of system was implemented in future titles, I remember Shift 1 and 2 aaving the clean/agressive system.

I think I have to be lucky and find a "good" lobby with people who play clean (already found some in Landrush and it was a blast!) or evn create a session on the site :P

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm also quite surprised that he didn't receive a time penalty for making such a contact. I'm not sure but IIRC I got such a penalty once I crashed into the AI in a local race but I'm not really sure right now. :hmm:

At least in local play you are warned by the spotter that a car might cross your line.

@bpmotard Does the spotter also give comments in the multiplayer?

Can't comment on the fact if the other player did it on purpose or not but all I can say is that I had quite a few crashes (only harming myself) in that corner right after the bump as it's easy to drive too fast. Also can't comment on the overall mentality of the online community as the only session where I could hit other cars was my first and only public Landrush-session. Otherwise I solely sticked to Rally (mostly via Pro Tour). Might have to give it another go as Landrush = best mode. :D

Yes, The spotter also comments in online mode, whether it's a good idea to take the joker and that stuff.

I might take it easy next time, and just enjoy the game ahah :)

1 hour ago, demonoid321 said:

Wanting to report people for crashing into you in a racing game is almost as bad as wanting to report someone for camping or spawn killing you in Call of Duty 1f602.png

If you put it that way I almost feel bad ahaha ^-^ have my reputation 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 22.6.2017 at 3:39 AM, MMDE said:

I saw nothing wrong in the video. Dude crashed hard into you from behind, and? It's a video game. I remember in GT1, I used the faster opponent cars as sort of a shield to guide me through the corners with little slow downs.

You can't be serious ?.

20 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

You can't be serious 1f602.png.

I'm serious. I was using a starter car in GT1 to win some of the hardest tournaments I could compete in with that car, and I used that technique all the time. I used it to grind my way to 500 000 credit, which I spent on what I thought was the best car in the game. That car was Mitsubishi 3000GT LM Edition. When I search about it on google, the best car was supposedly Mitsubishi FTO LM Edition, which you had a 50% chance to win from a specific sports car race. Easy to drive AND top speed! :P

@bpmotard Woah, what a clip you posted!  (Great racing/drifting btw. With a controller?)  

That dood was a complete ass and obviously a sub par racer.  And playing around with the races myself, he did not "accidentally" hit you on the joker lane. He was ramming you to get to first place.  Met quite a few of these players but unfortunately there is nothing you can do but kick him in the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lorajet said:

@bpmotard Woah, what a clip you posted!  (Great racing/drifting btw. With a controller?)  

That dood was a complete ass and obviously a sub par racer.  And playing around with the races myself, he did not "accidentally" hit you on the joker lane. He was ramming you to get to first place.  Met quite a few of these players but unfortunately there is nothing you can do but kick him in the future.

Thank you!! Yeah, I always play with a controller, I simply love RX :)

I know, I actually found later that he also uploads videos and submit to other channels on YouTube and such, he probably was having a bad day and simply destroyed me to feel better, the bad thing was that I was also having a bad day and created a post with this ahahah. But yeah, anyway, he should have raced cleanly from the start, despite every racing game being cursed with players that relly only on bumping to win.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

Thank you!! Yeah, I always play with a controller, I simply love RX :)

I know, I actually found later that he also uploads videos and submit to other channels on YouTube and such, he probably was having a bad day and simply destroyed me to feel better, the bad thing was that I was also having a bad day and created a post with this ahahah. But yeah, anyway, he should have raced cleanly from the start, despite every racing game being cursed with players that relly only on bumping to win.

Well, Thanks for posting this for everyone who has ever had to deal with a dirty racer (and there are plenty out there).  I have occasionally knocked someone off the track, but apologize and drop to the back of the pack.