the day i feared that would come has happened...

4 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

I mean, Tower of Babble is ezpz, but this is the reason I don't play BO2 anymore. 

not really with guys who don't know what to do... its pretty decent, it just needs guys who know what they're doing...

so here's what i did to hide my game... went on my privacy settings on my PS3, chose "show trophies to anyone" went on my trophy collection as online, took down that tick that said "show Trophies for this game" and then saved... was that right?

It bafles me how people still play games they know have hacked lobbies and then come complain, it's like saying I like cake, but that one cake has poison, I'll eat it anyway though, what's the worst that could happen?

It's not that hard to avoid games like this or play them or another account, in the end it's just something you gotta get over, live and learn

• Like 1

hmmm, poison cakes and trophies?..am I the only one who doesn't get it?...I suppose if the result of the poison was to either give you a strike or not on this site then yeah, it's pretty much the same...if we're getting into odd analogies perhaps we could compare white listing to doing community service as opposed to jail time for poisoning cakes...

on the topic of baffling, I'm somewhat surprised that some people think the process of removing hacked trophies or knowing which games have which trophies as being auto-poppable online is common knowledge among 300 000 people or so and seem to truly believe that legit gamers should go out of their way to play these games...I mean, why would you want to try to get legit online trophies on the same account as your singleplayer ones, right?...better to not try to play them, be scared of hackers, and avoid them?...I hope when the next mod menu is released that allows this, someone who thinks like this is the first one it's tested on...sorry to be vindictive, and call me naive if you will but it just seems so silly to me to think along the lines of "c'mon man, you were asking for it...quit your whining" for these situations...

also, for curiosity's sake, 

@SniperEliteDido could you send me a screenshot of your players met list via pm plz?...i'd like to look into the other players that were in the lobby with you...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

You talk like you knew this could happen, but then still didn't take any actions to avoid this. Makes me think this was deliberate.

Why didn't you

1. Play on an alternate account 

or

2. Delete your profile

Instead you saw the trophies be popped by a hacker with full knowledge it was by a hacker and then synced them

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Follow the instructions in this thread (swap show for hide):

Thanks, Steve... syncing my new trophy now.

9 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

People shouldn't have to think like this just because there are hackers. 

I reckon the flag should be lifted, its only 1 trophy afterall. Much like glitches and exploits hackers are unfortunately a part of a number of games.

could agree, but disagree at the sametime... im sure there are alot of guys here got it as the same result as me, and possibly getting it while focusing on getting "Welcome to the penthouse" besides... atleast im cleaning all of my games that can't be platted/and or 100%ed... BO2 is a list i would have been proud to have, but oh well. fuck you Activsion... its a very easy trophy after all. 

now i can finally concentrate on getting a 100% cleanly at least...

1 hour ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

I reckon the flag should be lifted, its only 1 trophy afterall. Much like glitches and exploits hackers are unfortunately a part of a number of games.

The 1 trophy that is currently unobtainable, and he earned many months after his last trophy.

Just to be clear. I don't think it should be lifted. It's earned illegitimate. It would be wrong for everyone who earned it legitimate.

What I do think should be done is that it can be added to a whitelist, so the game doesn't count on their stats, but they don't need to hide it. If you are detected with illegitimate trophies for the game, it shouldn't count towards your stats, but you don't need to hide it and it doesn't count as a strike.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Only took two pages for the kid to be accused of cheating. It's because of gamers such as yourself that I quit playing BO2, an admittedly fun game. 

I would just rather not deal with virtue signalling trolls. 

Accused? "The kid" said he got the trophy illegitimately and then synced it. 

Really not sure how my comment relates to you stopping playing BO2

2 pages wasn't enough evidence, but it took 1 post for you to call me a virtue signalling troll 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

The 1 trophy that is currently unobtainable, and he earned many months after his last trophy.

Just to be clear. I don't think it should be lifted. It's earned illegitimate. It would be wrong for everyone who earned it legitimate.

What I do think should be done is that it can be added to a whitelist, so the game doesn't count on their stats, but they don't need to hide it. If you are detected with illegitimate trophies for the game, it shouldn't count towards your stats, but you don't need to hide it and it doesn't count as a strike.

The trophy was easy to do when it was achievable and he got the rest of the trophies legit.

Why is considered cheating if it is just the one ge got in a hacked lobby?

Treyarch stopped updating leagues because BO3 was released and stopped supporting BO2 forever and it's not player's fault.

If he also had got another trophy aside from this one, then it MUST be considered cheating, but as I said, in my view, he shouldn't be flagged.

Also, to send a report, you have to select at least 3 hacked trophies, which ones would you choose here? Big Leagues & the platinum? You still need to select 1 more.

EDIT:

Then, in FIFA 14 & FIFA 15,

WHY is not considered cheating to change the PS4 time & date to tamper EA servers info and be able to play old challenges for the Matchday Challenge trophies?

Edited by charlijaen

4 hours ago, MMDE said:

Glad to see you also agree with that whitelist thing MMDE. Hopefully something will come of it one day.

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I'll say this, anyone who is able to get Giant Accomplishment, All Zombies trophies and Prestige in Multiplayer would CERTAINLY be able to get Big Leagues if the feature was still working, along the way to becoming prestige, you certainly get more than 5 wins on other modes... To tell this guy that he's incapable of being able to earn Big Leagues is a joke and it's a very elitist thing to argue about. If you did NOT mod your own console to unlock the trophies or download someone else's save then you didn't break the rules in Sony's terms and conditions, which prohibit those things, there's nothing in the terms and conditions against playing COD Black Ops II because hackers run wild. People should let Activision and Sony worry about Black Ops II hackers instead of trying to police people who want to play a goddamn game. If Activision and Sony don't care, why should anyone here care? That trophy in particular should be treated as a glitched trophy that is obtained through random luck, I mean you wouldn't fuck someone up for completing a game with a glitch that allows you to skip the entire story and only play for 5 minutes, so why should you care about Big Leagues? Many games get glitches AFTER people spent a lot of time getting the trophies and the glitches make the game easier e.g. Far Cry 2's level 30 glitch but you don't see people getting flagged for that because it's an in-game glitch, but it kind of does devalue the work people put in BEFORE the glitch was discovered. 

The time flagging people for playing Black Ops II should be spent flagging games that can only be hacked by the person who intends to hack it. A lot of people still play this game and because it can happen to anyone on any day and is very likely to happen, it shouldn't be something that is held against that person. The big ugly H on a profile is enough of an embarrassment as it is, some people are completionists who want to maintain a high completion rate, but if they need to hide a game then they look like they were mainly hiding the game so their completion rate wouldn't go lower and not because of a mistake that wasn't their fault. 

Again, it should be flagged, it's not legitimate. I however want to see it not affect the player the same way. :P AKA the game no longer counting on their stats, but that they don't need to hide it and doesn't count as a strike.