just received the game as a birthday present. c:

RJP_X

how would you recommend doing a first playthrough? can it be like P4G where you focus on misc. trophies and maxing social stats on your first play while going through the true end, then do everything else on a 2nd play?

also would like to know which guides are efficient. like is there one that plans out your daily activities for confidants and such? also in P4G i had a real tough time trying to figure out a fusion chart, didn't end up understanding it so i found a walkthrough that listed which persona's to use to make all the personas. much easier i'm not the wisest guy lol. i just don't know if people are still in the process of working on guides that will help you through in the easiest to understand way.

if there was anything essential to do in a first play i'd like some advise to get started. with a bit of relaxation for a first run, cause my 2nd run of P4G was very carefully planned doing hardcore risette, social links, fusions, books, and most things in that play since my first play of it was a casual run picking up misc. trophies such as visiting nanako and those kinds of trophies. which is how i'd like to try it around again, but in this game try to focus on futaba lines on first play.

I would try to max out the confidants (social links) in your first playthrough but mainly focus on maxing out social stats. The second playthrough should be used for confidants, requests, and competing the compendium. The Futaba line I heard is much easier then the Risette trophy if you play on Normal difficulty. 

3 minutes ago, Terra said:

I would try to max out the confidants (social links) in your first playthrough but mainly focus on maxing out social stats. The second playthrough should be used for confidants, requests, and competing the compendium. The Futaba line I heard is much easier then the Risette trophy if you play on Normal difficulty. 

yeah, i managed hardcore risette on safety in P4G, i spent like 20 hours with a notepad jotting each unique line. every time a story dungeon was ready i'd run through the dungeons farming as many unique lines as i could. i think i was a little over prepared overall, since i got it before rescuing naoto lol.

31 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

yeah, i managed hardcore risette on safety in P4G, i spent like 20 hours with a notepad jotting each unique line. every time a story dungeon was ready i'd run through the dungeons farming as many unique lines as i could. i think i was a little over prepared overall, since i got it before rescuing naoto lol.

I got it on my second playthrough but funny enough I didn't write down her lines at all and just spent time grinding in dungeons early on and by the time I reached Heaven it popped. For you getting it on safety is good because I wasn't able to get it on that difficulty.

3 hours ago, Terra said:

I got it on my second playthrough but funny enough I didn't write down her lines at all and just spent time grinding in dungeons early on and by the time I reached Heaven it popped. For you getting it on safety is good because I wasn't able to get it on that difficulty.

ha ha, thanks. also congratulations on also being a P4G platinum achiever this year as well as i was. i did my first run at the end of 2015 and decided to give my 2nd run a shot a few months ago. i was nervous because of there being horror stories on gamefaqs over HRF, as well as doing all books and social links in a single run. it was even suggested to do separate runs for each of them. so i played my second run over cautious, but honestly i was way more tense than i had to be as i had plenty of time with all my careful preparations. i still enjoyed it even more than my first run, seeing everything and learning how everything worked it was an awesome time.

1 hour ago, Death_Ninja said:

Play the first playthrough however you want, but focus on at least maxing the social stats. Save social links for the second playthrough as it would be so much easier and you won't be playing the game all paranoid.

well good, i was hoping that would be the case. cause i'd rather not stress it all right off the bat. c:

10 hours ago, Terra said:

If you max out your confidants, there's no need for second playthrough =D

11 hours ago, RJP_X said:

also would like to know which guides are efficient. like is there one that plans out your daily activities for confidants and such?

Yea, there are many guides atm.

11 hours ago, RJP_X said:

found a walkthrough that listed which persona's to use to make all the personas.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/index.html#/list

But P5 still has the 'what you can fuse from available Personas'

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

If you max out your confidants, there's no need for second playthrough =D

Yea, there are many guides atm.

https://chinhodado.github.io/persona5_calculator/index.html#/list

But P5 still has the 'what you can fuse from available Personas'

i don't mind making the game longer by maxing all confidants on a 2nd play. when it comes to games i'll make them longer if it means easing things up. c:

ah yeah i saw that fusion calculator in a trophy guide, i just wasn't sure of something. is 95 persona the complete base game list without DLC? i think i read in the guide some persona can only be gotten through negotiation and i think treasure demons? so the 95 listed is a complete list of personas obtained through fusion? thanks for your help satoshi.