Knack 2

Guest sincitysir1

Guest sincitysir1

Anyone else excited for knack 2? I went back to Knack 1 to try to get the platinum and after watching ign's playthrough they have definitely improved a lot of the problems. 

your thoughts?

here is the ign playthrough : 

I'm keen as a bean and have been championing Knack 1 since day one.

I would love to platinum the first one, and have been really close since early 2014. Only real thing in my way is the god damned diamond Knack. I can barely find any. If memory serves, I have like 4 of them tops, and you need 10 I think. 

Any easy way to get it? I'm aware of adding other people who have the diamonds but does that *really* increase the likelihood of getting them?

Either way, I've got just over 3 weeks off at the moment and am looking forward to logging some more hours in this gem (hehe) in co-op with the missus. So glad to hear the new one has co-op too, it was an absolute blast playing this together back when she moved in. Great game.

Me and my wife low playing co-op on Knack! We have 1 more diamond to go and we're gonna be on our 3rd play through. We can't wait to go through Knack 2 together. It's one of the very few games she's good at and I have fun with her instead of yelling at her every few seconds in other games.

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Any easy way to get it? I'm aware of adding other people who have the diamonds but does that *really* increase the likelihood of getting them?

Nope, it really doesn't. Adding others who have played the game is good for finding everything but diamonds though.

Just gotta find some chests that are easy to grind and keep opening/quitting/reloading/opening until you get a diamond then move on to the next one. Takes a fair bit of time!

Really excited for this. The first one was a very flawed but fun game. It looks like they've taken their criticism to heart this time. 

56 minutes ago, sincitysir1 said:

Is there anyone I can add who has a bunch of crystals?

I've platinumed the game. Add me. 

Edited by Azaan60

45 minutes ago, sincitysir1 said:

Is there anyone I can add who has a bunch of crystals?

you can check this thread... you could also add me.. I've platted the game earlier this month(if that helps in anyway)

Initial thought? Thank Goodness you can finally block/deflect projectiles and Knack finally have more moves. 

wish I could be excited like the others but I just can't... really not a fan of first game's story, characters and collectibles... will probably wait for others' feedback before I get the game.

27 minutes ago, sincitysir1 said:

I still don't like his voice. It doesn't suit his character well. It's like a Chihuahua with a big booming voice...ok that might work actually. And @JaM what's your PSN username? 

jeieem

same with the one in my trophy card in my sig ^_^ good luck.

Edited by JaM

I think that it's pretty irresponsible to begin developing Knack 2 before Sony officially gave it the green light. However, I still have yet to play through the first one. I'm sure I will at some point.

I like that it's happening though. We need more platformers.

• Like 1

To anyone else out there still playing Knack and in need of diamonds, don't lose hope.

I started playing again for the first time in a while last night and stuck with my normal play through with basic Knack, I had 6 diamonds to start with on that save, and it was already my forth playthrough nearly done. After an hour or so I ran into 2 diamonds within five minutes of eachother. After finishing that playthrough I started anew and went for the trophy for finding all chests. Around the end of chapter 4 the same thing happened and I found another 2 within five minutes of eachother and boom, unlocked Diamond Knack FINALLY. 

I know I offer no help, I know, I'm only here to say don't lose faith. It can be done. 

...and to brag. I'm fucking stoked I finally got the last diamond. I look forward to finally platinuming this game after over three and a half years with it. Bring on Knack 2, baby.