Expired Online Pass Workaround

Platinum_Vice

Hi guys,

So it's been commented in multiple threads for a while now that the Network Pass (aka Online Pass aka Season Pass) that came with some of our physical copies have all expired, meaning that you can't play multiplayer if you never accessed it ages ago, unless you go and buy the digital copy.

My denial has proved otherwise for me. Hopefully this will work for others:

- Find your Last of Us game brochure, the code is on the back page. 

- Access the PS Store.

- Enter the code in Redeem Codes. It's case sensitive. It will say that it has expired.

- Back out of this and SEARCH for The Last of Us. 

- Go into the Game of the Year Edition

- On the left of this page, under the pretty picture, it lists what is included in the copy (add-ons, NETWORK PASS, avatars).

- Select Network Pass from here.

- Mine said that I had already purchased a network pass, and it offered to download it for me.

- Profit.

Good luck, see you in the ring ;)

100% positive.

I wasnt interested in the MP when the game came out.

When I went for the PS4 platinum earlier this year I got into the MP on that console, and then immediately tried to do the MP on PS3. When I plugged in the code it said it was expired. In denial I tried again the next day... Expired.

Today (months later) I tried again, still not able to believe it. This time I checked the forums here first to see whether others had the problem, which they did. I first tried to look through my download history to see if I had entered it before as per the advice of another thread. The history went all the way back to my first PS3 purchase... no code. So I tried entering the code again, no luck.

I went to see if they are able to be purchased from the PS Store (nope) and while I was in the search I looked at the GOTY edition to see how much it was. The rest of my story is as per the OP. 

Now I've double checked my download history for this reply; the Network Pass I'm is my most recent purchase and it says it was purchased on today's date.

Just saying, this might work for others as it did me, so someone should give it a go :)