looking for something really hip-hop feeling to platinum.

RJP_X

i've always been a fan since a kid, when i grind in games or do multiple playthroughs, chances are i have rap albums in rotation lol. i like the idea of making my profile more identifiable to who i am nowadays, unlike in the past going after plats. for the sake of getting them. like i tend to go after anime plats. cause i love anime and the games.

really the only game that had a hip-hop feel was jet set radio that i 100% years ago, no plat. though. as far as PS3 is considered the only two games that come to mind are GTA V and especially GTA San Andreas. GTA V unfortunately cant be platinum'd at this time due to a feature in the game being shut down. just when i was thinking of trying the game again lol. so how is the PS3 version of san andreas? i remember back on PS2 i couldn't beat the older GTA's without cheats lol. but it sounds like they've added some helpful features like check points, and when you die you retain your weapons. anyways, any suggestions? xD

You know it is funny, I am literally playing Sideway right now which is a game where you get turned into...I guess graffiti art and have to battle around New York with not a bad Hip Hop soundtrack. It is a fun 2d platformer you can try (but no platinum)

Of course there is 50 Cent Blood on the Sand...it is...a game :( Here is Chip's LP of the game. The LP is great...the game...sigh :(

Finally there is DJ Hero

dj_hero_ps3i_tt_esrb.jpg

But the plat won't be easy

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

I would suggest any game from the Tony Hawk series and Parappa the Rapper.

If you don't mind the game not having a platinum you should check out Toejam & Earl and The Fancy Pants Adventure.

...and last but not least there is Afro Samurai. It has a hip-hop soundtrack, but no trophies though ?

11 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Maybe Saint's Row? It's hard to define exactly what a "hip hop feel" even means. Like 90s rap and gangster life? Saint's Row games have some of those elements if you haven't already played those.

And it is an awesome series :D

If you like a kinda mindless 3rd person shooter and are into hip-hop, 50 cent is your game. You can even create your own Ferrari F50 playlist, have someone from the G-G-G-G-Unit accompany you, upgrade your guns and all that stuff.

Sure, it also has that awkward gangsta rap type lingo, but I had a real blast. Recommended.

Edit: ok, no plat, if that's your main reason. The only version that has trophies is the JP version, and even that plat is unobtainable. Play it anyways, it's a lot of fun.

Edited by fastflowdaman

1 hour ago, NaughtyNoddy said:

I would suggest any game from the Tony Hawk series and Parappa the Rapper.

If you don't mind the game not having a platinum you should check out Toejam & Earl and The Fancy Pants Adventure.

...and last but not least there is Afro Samurai. It has a hip-hop soundtrack, but no trophies though 1f625.png

good suggestions everyone, although some have some extreme challenge or even unobtainable. like DJ Hero or Def Jam. but damn, the old Def Jam games bring back some memories, Vendetta and Fight For New York. To bad those will likely never see the light of day again, due to licensing i imagine. lol, back in middle school i played the first 50 cent game, bulletproof, it was considered bad but i liked it back then, played both the PS2 and PSP versions, which were different games.

i liked the afro samurai anime. samurai champloo, and the boondocks were also very fun hip-hop animes. although boondocks has a mix of western and a touch of japanese style, hilarious show though.

and i forgot about tony hawk, they have some HD game on the PS Store. i remember sucking at those games on either PS1 or N64, but i remember liking one of them that i think even had some level with a UFO to skate in lol.

saints row games were good, found 4 to be the best.

34 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

50 cent and def jam unobtainable...gta iv and San Andreas can be good games...like Jimi Hendrix it seems to be that most people either love or hate them...

would you say iv warrants 8-10 out of 10 difficulty? that's why i had v in mind to return back to since i hear its mostly easy, just a lot of grind. iv i played when i first got a ps3 but i never even knew about trophies back then since i had yet to make an account. i played the DLC a few years ago or more which added it to my trophy list. but i barely remember the base game. i liked older GTA's a lot in my youth. vice city and san andreas felt more likeable and funny to me compared to newer ones. i think the older graphics over realistic ones help.

I think I'm a bad person to ask about gta iv..my personal rating is a 2 out of 10 on difficulty...some of the trophies are a grind but if you read ilikechurros' guide on cheats for singleplayer and mine for mp you shouldn't find it difficult at all...just lengthy...the ballad of gay Tony is one of my favourite dlc add ons to date...

if you're not worried about trophies I think the 50 cent us version doesn't have any...only the jp one and the servers don't exist anymore so some of the trophies unobtainable...fun game though...saint's row 2 also pretty fun but no trophies either...any early gta series definitely fun imo...III, liberty city stories, chinatown wars, etc...San Andreas and iv the only ones on ps3 that are currently all obtainable...I'm guessing r* will fix v at some point as well...Tony hawk pro skater HD is kind of a half version of the ps2 classic...fun though if you played the original back in the day...would recommend it as a budget plat or fun for old schoolers.. 

Edited by ProfBambam55

• 2 months later...

Give Dead to Rights Retribution a shot, it has a grimy New York look that seems fitting with that 90's East Coast sound , Fight Night Champion as fellow users above mentioned Saints Row is a viable option as well as Afro Samurai but since you are seeking out a Platinum trophy it may not be what your looking for but one to add to the collection and last but not least Parappa The Rapper.

Edited by Shaowsintzu
Had two tabs open got them mixed up with one another