Limited Run Games Upcoming Releases

TechnicalPixel

Seems those morons from LRG canceled the second chance to buy a game later the same day by splitting the stock and selling it 4 hours apart.

And once again they snuck some shrinkwraps into the distribution of Chariot like they did with Firewatch.

Fuck them. They seriously need more competition or, even better, a replacement of the execs with someone capable.

3 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

Seems those morons from LRG canceled the second chance to buy a game later the same day by splitting the stock and selling it 4 hours apart.

And once again they snuck some shrinkwraps into the distribution of Chariot like they did with Firewatch.

Fuck them. They seriously need more competition or, even better, a replacement of the execs with someone capable.

Agreed, but I think it's impossible. These companies with whom LRG contracts offer a (wait for it) limited run, and I don't think a startup would want to get in a bidding war with the establised LRG to get rights to those copies. I think LRG will have a monopoly so long as this is profitable.

What do you mean by "they snuck some shrinkwraps into the distribution"?

Edited by starcrunch061

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10.11.2017 at 5:29 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Agreed, but I think it's impossible. These companies with whom LRG contracts offer a (wait for it) limited run, and I don't think a startup would want to get in a bidding war with the establised LRG to get rights to those copies. I think LRG will have a monopoly so long as this is profitable.

What do you mean by "they snuck some shrinkwraps into the distribution"?

At least there's Play Asia and now Strictly Limited Games from Germany. Also Signature Edition Games (but they don't seem to really produce limited amounts, only exclusives, for those who care about that) and Special Reserve Games, but they suck as well (they sometimes partner up with LRG, so no surprise there).

Concerning your question, for some reason they produced a certain amount of games that had shrinkwraps instead of y-folds during the Firewatch and the Chariot run. Whether the games had already been opened and were resealed or they just ran out of y-folds I don't know. If you happened to receive a shrinkwrapped copy, you were SOL. Your problem. Just one of many classic LRG annoyances. All in all it's a shitty company with questionnable business ethics, bringing out some interesting exclusives plus a lot of shovelware.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2017 at 4:47 PM, GoldenShaka said:

I know these games are mostly for collectors and most of times LRG has fair prices for their physical games (especially if you compare with the ridiculous overpriced ones on ebay)  but that Bard's gold is the most expensive I've seen in their catalog, I mean it's just the game, zero extras. I hope the ones I want to buy (which digital cost is 19.99) haven't that tripled increased.

Wrong, these games are for Scalpers Only! They are sold out in a couple of minutes to people that sell them triple the price. Oddworld cost 30, now it’s around 100/200.

So F’em

I'll definitely try to get a physical copy of Nurse Love Addiction. I've been interested in the game for a while, but it's too expensive for a digital-only game. I was going to wait for it to go on sale, but this is way better. :) The folks at LRG are doing God's work. :lol:

7 minutes ago, DPatriot said:
@SatoshiOokami :)

I think you mean @Satoshi Ookami:P

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

Wrong, these games are for Scalpers Only! They are sold out in a couple of minutes to people that sell them triple the price. Oddworld cost 30, now it’s around 100/200.

So F’em

I got Croixleur Sigma on LRG, but changed my mind about it. Right now, have it on sale on eBay for what I paid for it. So not always scalpers. :P

25 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'll definitely try to get a physical copy of Nurse Love Addiction. I've been interested in the game for a while, but it's too expensive for a digital-only game. I was going to wait for it to go on sale, but this is way better. :) The folks at LRG are doing God's work. :lol:

I think you mean @Satoshi Ookami:P

How do you do that? Thx btw :)

Just now, DPatriot said:

How do you do that? Thx btw :)

When you type "@" and begin writing the name of the person you want to tag, you should start to see some options from the members on this site.

For example:

6SxAy97.png

Then just click on the name of the person you want to tag and it will fill out the rest for you, highlight it in blue, and send a notification to the person you tagged. I find it doesn't always work, but deleting it and starting again usually fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...