Kill Your Completion - CYOA

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Order doesn't matter to me a lot, if anyone wants to play in sync. I just tried to space things out(like for instance, there are 2-3 games between each JRPG), and put Resogun and Foul Play where they are on @Jaguargenie's and @voodoo_eyes's lists. Probably the one at the end is the one I'm least looking forward to. :/ Given it's more MMO nature, I'm not sure I'll even enjoy playing it.. But I guess we'll find out. 

At least you won't have to worry about anyone stealing your kills :P.

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Didn't think I was serious in the KYC 3 thread? Lol. I doubt I'll Plat it, but that won't stop me from playing something. And I wasn't about to back out at the last minute. ;)

I've managed to only improve my completion percentage between events, and that's with games like Oddworld, Rune Factory, and Star Wars Bounty Hunter still below 20%. Along with other incompletions. So, I'll probably be able to bounce back. Hopefully. :/

I'm sure your percentage will be alright. Maybe I should throw in a long, grindy game as well.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

Alright, so I've been writing lists of games I would consider playing for the event. I'll do 6 games for the month: 5 games/6 days each, 6th game for 1 day - 31 days in the month. Thought it would be cool to plan a theme around the games I'll be playing. What do you guys think?

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

Yolo, Bitches!

Catherine

Don't Starve Giant Edition

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

White Knight Chronicles 

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

-RANDOM- (choose games via rng)

Vita - All Day, Everyday

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Hitman Go

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

-RANDOM-

Downloads

Mugen Souls Z

Hitman Go

Catherine

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Completely Random - Almost

PS3

Vita

Vita

PS3

PS3

PS4

1,2,3...Action!

Nier

Muramasa Rebirth

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Just Cause 2

Final Fantasy Type-0

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Short games are short

Time and Eternity

Hitman Go

Final Fantasy Type-0

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Nice and Easy

Time and Eternity

Hitman Go

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

InFamous: Festival of Blood

Final Fantasy Type-0

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Long and Hard (hehe)

Mugen Souls Z

Muramasa Rebirth

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Tales of Symphonia

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

Seems like you have enough games to just do 6 games per day B)

If the choice would be between all of those, I'd go with long and hard, but then again I'd always prefer long and hard. Heh.

5 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Vita - All Day, Everyday

Take this. That way you will also have some games for February 22nd 2018. :awesome:

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Seems like you have enough games to just do 6 games per day B)

You know that Edunstar84 listed some games up to 4 times and there's only 20 different games? :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You know that Edunstar84 listed some games up to 4 times and there's only 20 different games? :P

Yeah but their backlog is more than just those games, and I never said to play for a full month - Just noticed the different themes and how that would look next to my 15 games in 5 days, which is also themed. And you can always buy more games B)

@Crimson Idol - Ha! I will always have games to play.

@BillyHorrible - In total I have 45 unplayed games in my backlog. A handful of them are #2 or 3 in their series, Vita games that are too big to fit in my memory card at the moment, and the themes I picked limits other games from different themes/genres. And admittedly, I'm going to play FF Type 0 with my sister later this month. Probably why you see it multiple times :P  

Anywho...maybe I'll leave the theme choosing to rng as well. 

Current sale is pretty good at tempting me, actually.

Tempted to buy a few things from this list:

The Fall (€3 from €10)

Adrift (€7 from €20)

Submerged (€4 from €18)

Hitman First Season (€24 from €60)

Firewatch (€7 from €20) (very, very tempted with this one)

Batman: Return To Arkham (€15 from €50)

The Assembly (€10 from €25)

Trials Of The Blood Dragon + Trials Fusion Awesome Max Edition (€13,50 from €45)

I've done a good job at getting rid of backlog games this year, I might just allow myself to buy a couple of titles, like I did in April and in February.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ItsMeMartyy said:

Based on how impressive your game completion already is I am sure you will bounce back! 

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm sure your percentage will be alright. Maybe I should throw in a long, grindy game as well.

You're both probably right. :) Platinum Rain Day will give me a nice little boost, too, at the end of August. Lol.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

At least you won't have to worry about anyone stealing your kills :P.

You mean like I was doing in Killing Floor 2 and Starhawk? :ninja: 

@Edunstar84 I want to say "Yolo, bitches!" or "Downloads" simply because of Catherine. 

@BillyHorrible The Fall is pretty cool. Reminded me of The Swapper. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ItsMeMartyy said:

What do you think I should cut out? I am also considering 10 with 3 days a piece might be a little bit better. Cut out LIfe is strange, walking dead and Infamous first light, and wolfenstein? 

I'm doing life is strange too so we could play together of u wanted. And it adds a good variety to your list of huge AAA titles. 

TWD season 2 wasn't as good as 1 IMO.

Old Blood made me it's bitch and showed me I'm no good as fps, so take that for what it's worth. 

First light was awesome. But, did u play second son? If u havent, you should as first light is a pre-quel to it that reveals some plot points. 

If your looking to remove, why not pull out uncharted 3 and 4 and save them for later so you don't get tired of the franchise. Even a series that great could burn people out. 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@BillyHorrible The Fall is pretty cool. Reminded me of The Swapper. 

Yeah the screenshots remind me of The Swapper, and I really enjoyed that game which is why I am tempted with The Fall right now. Thanks for the confirmation that it's pretty cool anyway. Think I'll end up with this one and Firewatch, at the least.

@ItsMeMartyy

3 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

TWD season 2 wasn't as good as 1 IMO.

TWD S2 was very bad in my opinion, the problem with these "choice" games is when they present no choices to you that seem logical... Fuck off with Bonnie, I don't want her stupid colored coat! And her moronic choice in the climax... I remain of the opinion that not doing what she said we should do but agreeing with the guy is the only correct choice. or at least

Spoiler

NOT WALKING UPRIGHT ON ICE THAT HAS ALREADY CRACKED. You bitch, hope you enjoy the freezing water because I decided to not let you out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Current sale is pretty good at tempting me, actually.

Tempted to buy a few things from this list:

The Fall (€3 from €10)

Adrift (€7 from €20)

Submerged (€4 from €18)

Hitman First Season (€24 from €60)

Firewatch (€7 from €20) (very, very tempted with this one)

Batman: Return To Arkham (€15 from €50)

The Assembly (€10 from €25)

Trials Of The Blood Dragon + Trials Fusion Awesome Max Edition (€13,50 from €45)

I've done a good job at getting rid of backlog games this year, I might just allow myself to buy a couple of titles, like I did in April and in February.

Firewatch ?

Billy, you like story games and this one has a decent one. A GREAT choose-your-own-adventure at the beginning that revs the emotion meter up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

Actually I'm not good to describe any kind of things (even in my mother language... :facepalm:), but I will do my best here. I will also use other reports on this thread as references (especially the funniest ones... :P).

Is that your final list? 'Cause there's a chance I'll be playing Mugen Souls Z, too.

9 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Is that your final list? 'Cause there's a chance I'll be playing Mugen Souls Z, too.

Probably yes - considering "games that I wanna start", my list is almost perfect for me. Possible changes would be due to problems with downloads (improbable but not impossible) or even order changing (in this case, any game would not be replaced by any other game).

30 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

Actually I'm not good to describe any kind of things (even in my mother language... :facepalm:), but I will do my best here. I will also use other reports on this thread as references (especially the funniest ones... :P).

As long as you know what you're doing it's fine I guess. :dunno:

But honestly I don't think that you know what you are doing cause why would anyone choose to play Hyperdimension PP? <_<

But honestly it's understandable what you meant with your order. To put it simple:
The day before you start a new game you will write your expectation, the first day after the final day for a game a conclusion and in between we will be able to read your impressions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Myu said:

I'm curious to see what all the people who are going to play Mugen Souls Z will think of the game. Mugen Souls didn't leave me with a good memory.  

I've played Mugen Souls Z when I had a PS3 and it's a pretty nice game. It removed a lot of the BS the original Souls had and has a really cool story to it. :)

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

But honestly I don't think that you know what you are doing cause why would anyone choose to play Hyperdimension PP? <_<

People who have no idea what the game is about and only discover the horror after starting it? (Of course, I'm absolutely not talking about myself :awesome:)

1 minute ago, MidnightCJ said:

I've played Mugen Souls Z when I had a PS3 and it's a pretty nice game. It removed a lot of the BS the original Souls had and has a really cool story to it. :)

Really? I might just buy it then! I didn't plat the first one because of all the shampuru-grind madness! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Myu said:

People who have no idea what the game is about and only discover the horror after starting it? (Of course, I'm absolutely not talking about myself :awesome:)

At least you found the motivation to finish the horror. For me it's still sitting in the backlog, untouched since January 2016. Not even the first Hyperdimension took me so long to find motivation to retry it.

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Firewatch ?

Billy, you like story games and this one has a decent one. A GREAT choose-your-own-adventure at the beginning that revs the emotion meter up.

I almost bought Firewatch in my quest to spend $100 on the Store. But it didn't have a Plat, so I passed.. Yep, I'm a Plat whore. ?