Kill Your Completion - CYOA

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Firewatch 1f44d.png

Billy, you like story games and this one has a decent one. A GREAT choose-your-own-adventure at the beginning that revs the emotion meter up.

Thanks, at this point (partly thanks to your post) I'm almost sure I will buy it now; all that could spoil it is a PS+ line-up with lots of games I want that take a lot of time.

42 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I almost bought Firewatch in my quest to spend $100 on the Store. But it didn't have a Plat, so I passed.. Yep, I'm a Plat whore. 1f630.png

BOOOOOOO! There's so many awesome games that have no platinum!

Edit: wait... You just recommended The Fall and it has neither a platinum trophy nor any gold ones! What gives?

Edited by BillyHorrible

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

BOOOOOOO! There's so many awesome games that have no platinum!

Edit: wait... You just recommended The Fall and it has neither a platinum trophy nor any gold ones! What gives?

But there are also so many that do! 

All a matter of price. The Fall was on sale for $2. $8 is a little bit harder pill for me to swallow, especially when there were cheaper games with Platinums I wanted in the same sale. 

41 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

But there are also so many that do! 

All a matter of price. The Fall was on sale for $2. $8 is a little bit harder pill for me to swallow, especially when there were cheaper games with Platinums I wanted in the same sale. 

Mèh, I don't mind. Good games are good games, I'd rather have a good big expensive game without a platinum instead of mediocre small cheap game with a platinum.

@all: first episode of Hitman is free now. I'm downloading it and I will put it somewhere on my list so I can check if I want to buy the full game.

Think I'd like to join in for this round... still need to hammer out a few of mine, though, and there's a slight chance of changes with July's PS+.

6x5 days sounds good to me, though I'm going to go for 11 games. Beginning of the month is going to be a bit rough, so I'll at least start out with something simple. Should be interesting, since I tend to average 14 hours a week unless I'm playing with someone...

1st-5th: Life is Strange (20)

6th-10th: Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando (25)

?: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (75)

?: Batman: Arkham City (85)

?: Castlestorm (25) (up for switching to PS3 Resident Evil 5 (75) or 6 (50) if someone's interested in co-op)

26th-31st: Abyss Odyssey (5) Babel Rising (5) Blood Knights (5) Contrast (5) The Deadly Tower of Monsters (5) The Order: 1886 (10)

Do I need to specify dates for everything, or can the 11th and after be "whichever sounds most appealing"?

Categories/reasoning for games, just because I want to keep the info:

Spoiler

Easy - 20 or fewer estimated hours, 2/10 or easier difficulty

Classic - PS2 era or earlier

Long - 70+ hours

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Unbeatable Replay - games I've played before, but will be unable to 100%

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham City

Final Fantasy X

Unusual Genre - any genres/themes I don't play often

Castlestorm

Rebel Galaxy

Resident Evil 4

Backlog Blitz - one <10 hour game per day, ideally varying genres from rest of list

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Got some pretty great stuff there. Child of light is soooo good. Dead space is one of my favorite games of last generation. Dead island is so dumb but it's such mindless zombie smashing fun! Good list. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks. I'm praying that this praise turns out to be fitting, unlike what happened with the praise that Shinovi Versus got. I'm hoping Dead Island is at least in a similar level of quality of stupid zombie smashing as Dead Rising 2.

8 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Oh, I feel so flattered.

Given the fact that we can freely choose the amount of games and the amount of days we want to spend on them it feels like I will give it another try. I felt quite burned out after leaving the third installment midterm. So I guess I will go for the 6 games á 5 days-combo. This time I will only concentrate on PS4 and Vita-games as I mainly play on PS4 as the daily challenges of Rayman Legends (only ~850 points to go, woohoo :D) and Dirt 4 occupied too much of my time and I didn't feel like going back to any of my PS3-games.

My tentative list so far:

• Hyper Light Drifter
  • Jotun (finally give this a go before the devs release Sundered)
  • Rime
  • Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
  • Watch_Dogs 2
  • Not sure right now (maybe Rogue Galaxy, Rainbow Moon, or one of the novels like the Nonary Games)

Nice to see you make a comeback. I wouldn't recommend Rainbow Moon since the game's story isn't all that great and it's easy to see why a bunch of people gave up on that game with nothing to hook on after a couple of hours. To prevent burnout play the Nonary Games or any visual novel not named Amnesia.

7 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Alright, so I've been writing lists of games I would consider playing for the event. I'll do 6 games for the month: 5 games/6 days each, 6th game for 1 day - 31 days in the month. Thought it would be cool to plan a theme around the games I'll be playing. What do you guys think?

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

Nice and Easy

Time and Eternity

Hitman Go

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

InFamous: Festival of Blood

Final Fantasy Type-0

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Long and Hard (hehe)

Mugen Souls Z

Muramasa Rebirth

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Tales of Symphonia

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

I would have recommended the Action catalogue, but I saw a video on that SAO game and boy are the animations horrid for fighting and flying, so basically all the action looks dreadful. Easy seems like a good way to prevent burnout but my goodness are the minigames in Danganronpa 2 tedious. Hard has Tales of Symphonia and Muramasa Rebirth so those are a big plus. It seems quite a few people want to play Mugen Souls Z so it'd be interesting to see how that game is judged by several people.

I would like to join ^_^  Most likely will be doing 5 games, as I want to try and fit in some time trying to do perma-death on No Man's Sky.

Will be back later on in the week to confirm which 5 games (although at the moment Titan Souls and Lumo are high up on the list)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Mèh, I don't mind. Good games are good games, I'd rather have a good big expensive game without a platinum instead of mediocre small cheap game with a platinum.

My problem with games without Plats is, the point difference is so massive. I'd have to play 4 games to get as many points from 100% games, as I do from just 1 with a Plat.. But I won't pass up a game without one, if I'm interested in it. But Firewatch seems pretty short, and the lack of a Plat made me decide to wait. 

4 hours ago, Myu said:

I'm curious to see what all the people who are going to play Mugen Souls Z will think of the game. Mugen Souls didn't leave me with a good memory.  

3 hours ago, Myu said:

Really? I might just buy it then! I didn't plat the first one because of all the shampuru-grind madness! 

Mugen Souls Z does streamline a fair amount of stuff.  If you're headed for the Platinum, the grind is considerably less than it was for the original.  It's not gone, and it's not quite as exhaustive, but there is a fair amount of grinding to be done.

But it is still a tedious game to go through.  And if you played the first one, you just might feel a sense of deja vu during the main game because it may as well be the same story with most of the same "surprises", only with a (somewhat) different set of characters.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2017 at 7:47 PM, voodoo_eyes said:
  1. Dead Effect 2
  2. Foul Play
  3. Destroy All Humans 2
  4. Ride (PS4)
  5. Okage Shadow King
  6. Tomb Raider Legend
  7. République
  8. Apotheon
  9. Watch Dogs 2
  10. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

or

1. Dead Effect 2
  2. Ride (PS4)
  3. République
  4. Apotheon
  5. Watch Dogs 2
  6. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

I decided to pick neither option and to pick only 9 games instead, cutting Tomb Raider Legend. This way I stick to only PS4 games and have 3 free days to juggle with, for the games where I feel I didn't make enough progress to justify and impression.

1. Dead Effect 2
  2. Ride (PS4)
  3. Destroy All Humans 2
  4. Foul Play
  5. Okage Shadow King
  6. République
  7. Apotheon
  8. Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
  9. Watch Dogs 2

20 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

You mean like I was doing in Killing Floor 2 and Starhawk? :ninja:

I'm still working on Killing Floor myself... missing 4 more levels and 11 wins (if I counted correctly). It's starting to be a pain as I can't ever find any available game on EU servers and US servers tend to freeze up the game once I enter the lobby. Then of course is the matter of ending up in a group that is actually capable of winning a game.

PS: I'm considering moving Foul Play to spot 4, would that work for you? If not, I'll just leave it as it is at spot 2.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mendant909 said:

I would have recommended the Action catalogue, but I saw a video on that SAO game and boy are the animations horrid for fighting and flying, so basically all the action looks dreadful. Easy seems like a good way to prevent burnout but my goodness are the minigames in Danganronpa 2 tedious. Hard has Tales of Symphonia and Muramasa Rebirth so those are a big plus. It seems quite a few people want to play Mugen Souls Z so it'd be interesting to see how that game is judged by several people.

Heard about Danganronpa 2's notorious minigames, unfortunately for me, it's one of my easier and shorter games. And that type of grinding doesn't bother me that much, especially playing the other games in the theme. 

So, that sort of makes 3 votes for Long and Hard. 

1 hour ago, Mendant909 said:

Nice to see you make a comeback. I wouldn't recommend Rainbow Moon since the game's story isn't all that great and it's easy to see why a bunch of people gave up on that game with nothing to hook on after a couple of hours. To prevent burnout play the Nonary Games or any visual novel not named Amnesia.

The reason why I mentioned Rainbow Moon as a possible option is actually the fact that it seems to be lacking of a great story and therefor the chance that I forget anything crucial if I decide to go back towards it would be minimal. The other unstarted RPGs I still have to play and are either on Vita or PS4 (Final Fantasy X & X-2, Cold Steel I & II, Rogue Galaxy) are not that forgiving in that regard.

The Zero Escape-VNs are the only ones on Vita I currently have. Only other option would be the currently released Nurse Love Addiction, which seems to be heavily advertised with the love between girls but I heard that it also has an interesting plot and that it isn't a "oh we had a 18+ VN and patched out all H-scenes, here have the plot that was meant as filler"-VN. But I'm not really certain if I'm willing to pay 40 EUR for yet another VN while I still have so many unread on Steam.

I just bought Driver: San Francisco on the vurrie tsjiep so I'm teaming it up with Blazerush and (for now) Mad Riders for a racing themed day.

Won't redo my list just yet since I want to keep Gat Out Of Hell in there somewhere (I think), so I'm waiting on PS+ to show the line-up and tell me if I want to buy a lot or a little in the sale.

For now I'm thinking I'll buy Firewatch and The Fall.

New games I want to put on my list somewhere:

Driver: San Francisco

Hitman (Prologue)

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I just bought Driver: San Francisco on the vurrie tsjiep so I'm teaming it up with Blazerush and (for now) Mad Riders for a racing themed day.

Why can I only like a post once? :(

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Watch Dogs 2

Just saw this. If you feel like it I could arrange my timeslot for Watch_Dogs 2 so we could either try the co-op or pvp modes.

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I would like to join ^_^

Welcome back. Now we only have to convince @MStalker58 to join in, too. ^_^ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Current sale is pretty good at tempting me, actually.

Tempted to buy a few things from this list:

The Fall (€3 from €10)

Adrift (€7 from €20)

Submerged (€4 from €18)

Hitman First Season (€24 from €60)

Firewatch (€7 from €20) (very, very tempted with this one)

Batman: Return To Arkham (€15 from €50)

The Assembly (€10 from €25)

Trials Of The Blood Dragon + Trials Fusion Awesome Max Edition (€13,50 from €45)

I've done a good job at getting rid of backlog games this year, I might just allow myself to buy a couple of titles, like I did in April and in February.

I would suggest Firewatch and Batman. With Batman you get two great games for a low price and Firewatch has a great story.

Trials is good as well but somewhat hard. And Submerged is kind of boring, at least for me. It's mostly driving a boat through a sunken city and climbing some buildings.

I'll post my list later.

7 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would suggest Firewatch and Batman. With Batman you get two great games for a low price and Firewatch has a great story.

Trials is good as well but somewhat hard. And Submerged is kind of boring, at least for me. It's mostly driving a boat through a sunken city and climbing some buildings.

I'll post my list later.

Firewatch: yeah lots of people are recommending it. Will very likely get it.

Batman: really enjoyed the games but that's the problem - I played them already. I should probably buy stuff like the Darksiders games first before doing the first two Arkhams for the third time.

Trials: actually played the main game and a couple of DLCs already. Really like these games even though I have never been good enough to complete even a single extreme track.

Submerged: yeah on second thought it did not look that appealing. Not because there's little to do but also because the graphics are too lacking for a game like this.

14 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Why can I only like a post once? :(

Here you go, a second post you can like so you can pretend you liked that other one twice ;)

Edited by BillyHorrible
spacing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just saw this. If you feel like it I could arrange my timeslot for Watch_Dogs 2 so we could either try the co-op or pvp modes.

Sure, I didn't even realise that Watch Dogs 2 has co-op/pvp. I haven't looked at the trophy list yet... I put it in the last slot as I expect it to be the game I want to keep going the most. If you prefer playing it at some earlier point though I could also switch it around.

3 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Sure, I didn't even realise that Watch Dogs 2 has co-op/pvp. I haven't looked at the trophy list yet... I put it in the last slot as I expect it to be the game I want to keep going the most. If you prefer playing it at some earlier point though I could also switch it around.

The last slot is fine with me. I have no real order yet so I can shuffle the games whatever I feel like. 

1 minute ago, Myu said:

I'm so glad I loaded my PS4 games before the start of the event! FFXV has a 17Go update and it will take at least 40 hours to download xD

The struggle is real! Had to update my Internet recently. It's been okay so far, but I just bought a PS4 and needed to upgrade.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

The struggle is real! Had to update my Internet recently. It's been okay so far, but I just bought a PS4 and needed to upgrade.

The thing is, I can't really get better Internet speed, this is the max I can get where I live unfortunately :/ Makes it hard to watch anime, Youtube videos or people streaming on Twitch :/ Makes it even harder to download anything. Next time I move out, checking my Internet speed options will be one of the first things I'll do!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Myu said:

I'm so glad I loaded my PS4 games before the start of the event! FFXV has a 17Go update and it will take at least 40 hours to download xD

The new FFXV trophies have killed my completion before the event has even started -_-  I really ought to go back to it and get the platinum/work on the DLCs

23 minutes ago, Myu said:

The thing is, I can't really get better Internet speed, this is the max I can get where I live unfortunately :/ Makes it hard to watch anime, Youtube videos or people streaming on Twitch :/ Makes it even harder to download anything. Next time I move out, checking my Internet speed options will be one of the first things I'll do!

Internet speed won't make much of a difference when downloading on PS4, as for some reason Sony decide to cap download speed on their consoles. You can try downloading in rest mode though, it's generally faster than downloading while the PS4 is on.

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Internet speed won't make much of a difference when downloading on PS4, as for some reason Sony decide to cap download speed on their consoles. You can try downloading in rest mode though, it's generally faster than downloading while the PS4 is on.

I can second that. Sometimes it says 12h but is done after 6 or 7h when I check the next morning.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm still working on Killing Floor myself... missing 4 more levels and 11 wins (if I counted correctly). It's starting to be a pain as I can't ever find any available game on EU servers and US servers tend to freeze up the game once I enter the lobby. Then of course is the matter of ending up in a group that is actually capable of winning a game.

PS: I'm considering moving Foul Play to spot 4, would that work for you? If not, I'll just leave it as it is at spot 2.

It's that bad? Never had trouble getting into matches here.. 

Yeah, that'd be fine. Would space out my 2 shooters a bit more. 

@Crimson Idol Don't forget @effdeegee. ;)

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1