Kill Your Completion - CYOA

18 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I feel pretty much the same way. What day are you in in the story as I don't want to spoil anything. I've played about 6 or 8 hours total at this point. 6/23 trophies. 

I played on beginner to start because the game seemed complicated, and it is. I didn't mess around with the rewinds though, so I've got 5 to work with. I've only used like 2 or 3 max in a mission, but I've gotten to the point where I've just said screw it, retired the agency, and retried the current mission from scratch two or three times. 

I actually did my main objective once, then made it to the elevator, before realizing the "optional" objective wasn't optional. I had to cross almost the entire map to reach what I needed, then realized it was locked behind a dual relay switch door. :facepalm: At alert level 6 already, and with just about everybody pinned down, I just quit out. Even on beginner this game is punishing. 

I think I probably should have worked harder on getting some better programs for Incognita. I also put 4 upgrades on Internationale for that trophy, but didn't really pay much attention to what they were so they're not really a great fit. I also just now learned to use Decker's invisibility with Chameleon Movement, which has helped in a few instances tremendously. 

OH, and the no rewinds trophy is for the 2nd hardest difficulty. There's an expert plus after that. :o Also, I read somewhere that the difficulty trophies only partially stack. So you do need 3 full runs. Part of me is tempted to start over on experienced now that Ive learned a few things. Part of me just wants to finish the game before starting a new one. 

I don't know what day I'm on (I've been on my PS3 for the past few days so I haven't had my PS4 on to check), but the last mission I did was the 2-part mandatory mission where:

Spoiler

Monst3r joins you to get the portable power source for Incognita.

For Incognita I started with the normal Firewall Break (I don't know the actual names) and the "distract" program. I have never, ever gotten the distract program to help me despite several attempts. In missions, I got the Level 2 Firewall Break and also a "group break" program that removes one firewall level for everything in a medium-sized circle. Those break programs are super useful. There are probably better programs out there but those have been lifesavers many times.

Thankfully I figured out Decker's Invisibility item pretty early on, and I even managed to get another one for Internationale (although it's more limited, as it only makes you invisible for 4 squares). I also got a reusable stim pack that adds like 8 AP, which is incredibly useful.

Hopefully I can finish up this campaign run and see how the unlocks work in additional playthroughs. It seems like that's the best way to proceed (rather than restarting), since the unlocks can help with later playthroughs.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I don't know what day I'm on (I've been on my PS3 for the past few days so I haven't had my PS4 on to check), but the last mission I did was the 2-part mandatory mission where:

Reveal hidden contents

Monst3r joins you to get the portable power source for Incognita.

For Incognita I started with the normal Firewall Break (I don't know the actual names) and the "distract" program. I have never, ever gotten the distract program to help me despite several attempts. In missions, I got the Level 2 Firewall Break and also a "group break" program that removes one firewall level for everything in a medium-sized circle. Those break programs are super useful. There are probably better programs out there but those have been lifesavers many times.

Hopefully I can finish up this campaign run and see how the unlocks work in additional playthroughs. It seems like that's the best way to proceed (rather than restarting), since the unlocks can help with later playthroughs.

I was just slightly past that mission. I'm pretty sure that before the CP DLC released that was the true end of the game. Now we get an extra 48 hrs with additional challenges. I'm almost back there already, about 20 hrs left of the initial 72. Just had a crazy hard level 3 mission that I still can't believe I pulled off. 

Started in a room with one door. The next room was huge. It had 3 guys, two patrolling, and one stationary facing the door, and three cameras around the room. Even after taking the cameras there was no way to get out without being seen on at least one square. I ended up using a ranged dart to take out the stationary guy, which of course alerted one of the patrollers. I split Internationale off on her own to explore and ended up finding a vault which I had a key for. My other two found the target and basically baby sat him and the area while Internationale had to make her way back at level 5 and then 6 security. 

Unlocks for additional runs happen three ways as far as I can tell. You get xp based on how successful your run is, which unlocks certain things. Finding people in levels (and maybe programs?) opens them up to use as starting characters. I found Derek and Rush on my first run and both were available as starting characters... No thanks. You  also get unlocks for beating the game on specific difficulties. 

On my 2nd run I took Internationale and Banks as starting characters. Banks starts with level 2 anarchy and can open any level 1 security door at any time, which is super helpful early on. I then found Sharp about 3 levels in. He starts with 6 available augment slots, and gets +1 KO power for every three he has equipped. :D I've been much more successful this time and I'm rolling in credits.

The only issue is that I've had pretty poor luck finding additional programs for Incognita. I took parasite (hacks 1 firewall per turn, costs 0 +1 for every other parasite currently installed) and fusion(costs 5, generates 3 power per turn for 4 turns =7 power per use)  to begin which are both really nice, and I've picked up Taurus(2 power, pushes a Daemon to another device) which is awesome, but I really need an instant hack ability or two. I'm hitting a server farm tonight and would really love to find parasite 2.0, rapier 2.0(hacks cheaper at lower alarm levels), and/or hammer 2.0 (hacks cheaper at higher alarm levels).

I also haven't come across an emp yet, which I would seriously like to have before the Monst3r mission. I've had to get pretty creative on occasion since the only hacking I have is Parasite and 2 buster chips on Banks. Nothing quite like knowing you have nowhere to hide with a level 3 firewall drone approaching and parasite just isn't going to work in time. 

Hmmmm, maybe I'll make an actual thread in the Invisible forums we (and anyone else) can talk about this. 

Anyway, I started Spy Chameleon the other day with Mim, and I'm like 80% done with that. It's a decent little game, not terribly hard. My completion is sitting just under 73%, so I'm about halfway back from the start of the event. If only I could stop starting new games and actually earn some trophies on stuff I already started. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

I was just slightly past that mission. I'm pretty sure that before the CP DLC released that was the true end of the game. Now we get an extra 48 hrs with additional challenges. I'm almost back there already, about 20 hrs left of the initial 72. Just had a crazy hard level 3 mission that I still can't believe I pulled off. 

Started in a room with one door. The next room was huge. It had 3 guys, two patrolling, and one stationary facing the door, and three cameras around the room. Even after taking the cameras there was no way to get out without being seen on at least one square. I ended up using a ranged dart to take out the stationary guy, which of course alerted one of the patrollers. I split Internationale off on her own to explore and ended up finding a vault which I had a key for. My other two found the target and basically baby sat him and the area while Internationale had to make her way back at level 5 and then 6 security. 

Unlocks for additional runs happen three ways as far as I can tell. You get xp based on how successful your run is, which unlocks certain things. Finding people in levels (and maybe programs?) opens them up to use as starting characters. I found Derek and Rush on my first run and both were available as starting characters... No thanks. You  also get unlocks for beating the game on specific difficulties. 

On my 2nd run I took Internationale and Banks as starting characters. Banks starts with level 2 anarchy and can open any level 1 security door at any time, which is super helpful early on. I then found Sharp about 3 levels in. He starts with 6 available augment slots, and gets +1 KO power for every three he has equipped. :D I've been much more successful this time and I'm rolling in credits.

The only issue is that I've had pretty poor luck finding additional programs for Incognita. I took parasite (hacks 1 firewall per turn, costs 0 +1 for every other parasite currently installed) and fusion(costs 5, generates 3 power per turn for 4 turns =7 power per use)  to begin which are both really nice, and I've picked up Taurus(2 power, pushes a Daemon to another device) which is awesome, but I really need an instant hack ability or two. I'm hitting a server farm tonight and would really love to find parasite 2.0, rapier 2.0(hacks cheaper at lower alarm levels), and/or hammer 2.0 (hacks cheaper at higher alarm levels).

I also haven't come across an emp yet, which I would seriously like to have before the Monst3r mission. I've had to get pretty creative on occasion since the only hacking I have is Parasite and 2 buster chips on Banks. Nothing quite like knowing you have nowhere to hide with a level 3 firewall drone approaching and parasite just isn't going to work in time. 

Hmmmm, maybe I'll make an actual thread in the Invisible forums we (and anyone else) can talk about this.

I found 2 agents on my first (and current) run, one of which is awesome (female character, dark-skinned, I forget her name). I can't remember what her abilities are, but she's been very useful. The other one is a guy (I also forget his name), who has fixed (fairly low) stats, but he has an ability where he can scan KO'd enemies and gain something from it. Sometimes it will be 3 PWR, somethings it's adding AP, etc. But overall he's kind of crappy. You mentioned Derek, isn't he the one they recommend using in the guide on the "org" trophy site? I was confused by that, because the DLC seems to add additional characters (including the leader of the team) which seemed to be available at the start, and I swear one of them was Derek (dark-skinned guy with a beret). Maybe they aren't really unlocked at the start though? I guess I'll see once I start my second run.

I'd be happy to continue discussion in the game forum.

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Anyway, I started Spy Chameleon the other day with Mim, and I'm like 80% done with that. It's a decent little game, not terribly hard. My completion is sitting just under 73%, so I'm about halfway back from the start of the event. If only I could stop starting new games and actually earn some trophies on stuff I already started. :facepalm:

Ha, I found Spy Chameleon to be pretty hard at times. It's cool though. I like it but I'm not good at some of those challenges, and that speedrun trophy looks nasty. I doubt I'll ever get the Platinum.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Platinumed Resogun. It just gets more insane with each difficulty. Enemies are harder to kill, are more aggressive, and some of the bosses have new tricks up their sleeve. Really takes a lot of practice and/or a good co-op partner, to conquer the higher difficulties. And even in co-op it can be a huge challenge, 'cause you share your lives. If you get to 0 and one of you dies, though, they will respawn without a life pickup at the beginning of the next if the other completes the level. 

Anyways, I want to finish up the God of War series, so I'll be starting Ascension. After that, I may try to go back to Red Faction. Unless the pull to start another new game is too strong. :/ 

• Like 4

I've been bouncing around a bit but mostly playing Invisible, Inc. I'm really loving this game right now. I abandoned my initial beginner run to. Start over on medium. Completed the game a couple days ago but screwed up a setting so didn't get credit. I then played on expert and played through the extended campaign 8n about three days. Luckily, the previous difficulty trophy popped, which I wasn't expecting.

I just started trying to do a regular campaign run on Time Attack mode with two of the more qnnoying starting programs, which will save me a run if I pull it off. On time attack you have two minutes to complete each turn, which is more than enough early in the game but will probably feel a lot more restrictive later on. 13/23 trophies 

I finished up the Spy Chameleon Plat several days ago, but finally earned a trophy in Uncharted 4 so my completion actually dropped a bit again. Sitting at 72.9%, so still down about half a % from start. 

• Like 3

So I went back to Destroy All Humans 2 and Ratchet & Clank, getting the plat in both. My impressions on either game didn't really change.

Destroy All Humans 2 is fun, but the amount of repetitive side-missions makes the game drag on beyond it's welcome. It's essentially a more polished version of the first one (This one looks better and only crashed once. It's really on the edge of being a good and a mediocre game.

Ratchet & Clank on the other hand was fun throughout. The hoverboard races are well-optimized and the game looks and plays great oerall. I'm still not a fan of the Clank sections though...

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Haven't been working on Star Ocean since the earlier part of the month. Just been playing Cold Steel 2 and hope to get back to SO5 this week

I keep saying that about Red Faction, but continue to get sidetracked.. In my defense, I started Neptunia U on Saturday, due to both the Cubs and Bears being on TV. That's 6-7 hours I would have wasted not playing a game, and that's when the Vita or Remote Play comes in handy. Have had it downloaded and ready for quite awhile, so just decided to start it and got hooked. :/ 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I keep saying that about Red Faction, but continue to get sidetracked.. In my defense, I started Neptunia U on Saturday, due to both the Cubs and Bears being on TV. That's 6-7 hours I would have wasted not playing a game, and that's when the Vita or Remote Play comes in handy. Have had it downloaded and ready for quite awhile, so just decided to start it and got hooked. :/ 

Well, in my defense, I had a visit from my family (haven't seen them in over a year) and just enjoying a bit of me time, i.e. not really doing anything/just watching movies/shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, in my defense, I had a visit from my family (haven't seen them in over a year) and just enjoying a bit of me time, i.e. not really doing anything/just watching movies/shows.

I've watched 2 movies and an episode of Game of Thrones while playing this. Lol. 'Bout the only time I seem to watch anything, is when I'm doing one of these boring grinds. :/

• Like 1

I made a little bit of progress in Watch Dogs 2 over the last 2 weeks. I got all the MP trophies out of the way, which enables me to finally turn off the online portion of the game. It's fun and all, but the hacking invasions eventually do get annoying, even if the other activities are fun it's not enough of a reason to keep the online open.

I also got the major collectible and misc trophies out of the way. Now I basically only have to play through the main story and I'll have the plat. This is making the experience a lot better. To the point where it probably is my second favourite open world game as of now (nothing will ever dethrone Mafia II. Well Mafia III potentially could, but I have a feeling that it's not going to be as good).

The open world aspect of Watch Dogs 2 is the most complex of any game of the genre.. There's constanly something going on in the city which is great and makes the city feel alive. In comparison Sleeping Dogs, the GTAs and Saints Rows of the world althoughbeing good games, feel stale in the regard.

I might consider just pushing through the game during this weekend. It's either going to be that or I'll binge on Ar Nosurge, which has been incredibly addicting. Shame that Ar Tonelico costs an arm and a leg, otherwise I'd buy that one as well.

I'm trying not to start too many new games, so that I'll have a fresh batch ready for the next KYC and for once maybe increase my completion instead of stagnating around the 72% again.

• Like 4

So far I've finished Element4l and Until Dawn from my event line-up as well as started a couple of games and completed a couple of other games and my completion rate is still down about 5% from starting the event. I'm not too worried about completion rate though and it's still at 82.16% which isn't horrible. Element4l was interesting. I was the 15th person registered with this site to get 100% which is a happy side effect of PS+ giving away games no one ever bought that came out a couple of years ago. I figured beating the developer time on a level would be the hardest trophy because the times are ridiculously tight but I found a video for the PC version showing a wall hack shortcut that I was able to duplicate on the Vita. I posted that video on a thread in that games forum if anyone is interested. Sure it trivialized the challenge but that game wasn't really fun enough for me to spend the time required to master the quirky controls. Defeat and delete. :lol:

I finally got into Until Dawn, it was a slow start but I did have some fun with it. I got locked out of some collectibles in my first run so it became my "kill 'em all" run and my second run was the completionist survivor run. The parts where you have to hold the controller still were kind of obnoxious but less so after I disabled rumble support on the controller. This game was more about jump scares than genuine horror although it did create some tension in parts and I thought the story was interesting even if the characters were a little flat. I played 3 narrative focused games throughout the event that were all gifted through PS+. I don't really see myself purchasing these types of games except at highly discounted prices but I'll probably continue to download whatever free ones come along.

Edited by mking_63
  • Like 2

Got the :platinum: in Until Dawn two nights ago. I enjoyed the game, and didn't really have any major gripes. Somehow Mim and I managed to keep everyone alive on our first blind run. Didn't take too long to go through and clean everything up. 

3 more trophies to be done with bonus game Invisible, Inc. as well. My completion is now at. 73.23%, which is down just .2% from the start. 

• Like 4

Finally did something with one of my unfinished KYC 4 games. Finished the campaign in Red Faction: Guerrilla. Still a pretty awesome game. Online is completely dead, though, so I won't be getting a single multiplayer trophy without boosting.. Some of the later missions are nuts with the amount of enemies they throw at you. Lost my tank in the final one, and sprinted the rest of the way. Lol. 

Completion's still down a bit after a little over a month. But I'm not too far from what I started the event at. -0.35%. Should be able to recover in time for the next installment. ;)

• Like 3

After procrastinating by playing other games, I finally went back and finished Watch Dogs 2. My opinion on it didn't really change from my initial impressions. It's a fun game, that has a lot of stuff to do. The good thing is that none of it is boring. The online is enjoyable in small doses and being able to turn the option off is a bonus. The driving is by far the best I've encountered in any open world game so far and everything about the city from visuals to interactions is great. The weakest is probably the story and the characters, at least I didn't care much for either.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2017 at 5:42 PM, Kevvik said:

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - a great amount of blasting fun with a bit of grind towards the end. Still say there's some charm that was present in the original that got left by the wayside in the slick remake. Also liked Drek more in the original.

Final score - 7.5/10

I had the same opinion, although I would rate it higher since I love the series so much (at least the main games). Drek's original voice actor and characterization was better in my opinion. Also, there was no boss fight with him this time. Still, I'm glad the game was remade and brought to a new generation.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 9:21 PM, DamagingRob said:

Platinumed Resogun. It just gets more insane with each difficulty. 

::bows to your greatness:: I'm not worthy... ?

Hey everyone. Been kinda MIA on this thread. Sorry. Not much to report since I haven't made a hell of a lot of progress on the games from this event.

I picked some beasts last time. I didn't realize that Mad Max was a 100+ hour Plat. Horizon and Far Cry 4 also have my collectible OCD in high gear. Between the 3, I'm up to my eyeballs in maps with icons all over the place. 

So I'm about -.60 short of my completion at the start of July. I had 19 games from the 2 events I participated in. I'm done with 9 of them. (7 of 100% or plat, 2 that I completed the story and never wanna see again; I'm looking at you Tearaway and Rochard). 

Now that football has started I'm probably going to have even less time (even though my Giants and Scarlet Knights both suck reeeeeally bad). Dont know how I'm going to possibly get through the next event... have there been any announcements on the timing of it? 

I'll try to be more active time the next event but make no promises. Right now, @PerryToxteth are neck deep in Far Cry. That's my next plat. See you all around!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

Now that football has started I'm probably going to have even less time (even though my Giants and Scarlet Knights both suck reeeeeally bad). Dont know how I'm going to possibly get through the next event... have there been any announcements on the timing of it? 

I'll try to be more active time the next event but make no promises. Right now, @PerryToxteth are neck deep in Far Cry. That's my next plat. See you all around!

I feel this deeply. I watch the Texans no matter what and usually catch the night games as well, which cuts into my game time a bit. You guys are kind of in the same boat as us with a skeleton crew O line. At least you guys have a QB who has proven he can get it done when he gets some help. 

I haven't announced the next one yet, but November is the likely month. Thought about pushing up to October but not sure how well that would go. 

Probably have the plat for bonus game Invisible, Inc. Tonight. Then I'll either work on Evil Within or maybe TLOU. 

6 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I feel this deeply. I watch the Texans no matter what and usually catch the night games as well, which cuts into my game time a bit. You guys are kind of in the same boat as us with a skeleton crew O line. At least you guys have a QB who has proven he can get it done when he gets some help. 

I haven't announced the next one yet, but November is the likely month. Thought about pushing up to October but not sure how well that would go. 

Probably have the plat for bonus game Invisible, Inc. Tonight. Then I'll either work on Evil Within or maybe TLOU. 

A skeleton crew would be an IMPROVEMENT over our o-line...

November gives us all more time to recover ?

If you try Evil Within, please post impressions. I have it on my backlog but I don't know of I wanna jump into it. 

1 hour ago, Jaguargenie said:

A skeleton crew would be an IMPROVEMENT over our o-line...

November gives us all more time to recover 1f60e.png

If you try Evil Within, please post impressions. I have it on my backlog but I don't know of I wanna jump into it. 

I started it for KYC 2 I think... Maybe 1? Can't remember. I'm somewhere in chapter 12. It's fun, I just keep getting distracted with other stuff. 

@Jaguargenie Lol. Well, I owe a lot of it to my awesome co-op partner. I was able to beat it on Veteran on my own, for one of the DLC trophies, though. It's kind of like what I'm playing now. You will die a lot, but slowly get better. ...Err, maybe not quite like Hotline. That 1,000 deaths trophy wasn't earned intentionally. :/

Invisible, Inc. :platinum:

Started Bastion the other day and I'm liking it, but Mim isn't super impressed, so I've gone back to TLOU. Goin to work the story when she's awake and do some mp when she's asleep or not around. 

If I get bored with that my plan is to finally finish my first run of Evil Within. 

• Like 3