Kill Your Completion - CYOA

4 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I think it's gotten a lot worse for me, since I started trophy hunting. I have unstarted/unfinished games on most devices, but it's not 100+.. 

I'm starting to think you misread my post; I'm not starting 100 games in the next event, just 30.

I have 9 unfinised games on the Switch (including stuff where I got to but didn't beat the final level/boss, like Sonic Mania and Human Resource Machine) and I think 10 on PS4 and 12 on PS3. That's not counting PS+ or other games I did not directly pay for.

I had a backlog of around 150 on X360 when I quit, mostly cheap stuff I got on a sale and wasn't really interested in. I gave my X360 to a friend though with my account locked but still on it, so at least he might have some fun with the games. It's actually 'borrowing' without caring if I ever see it back.

I learned from my X350 experience though: I don't get joy out of playing games for a quick and/or easy 100%, I should not buy games just because they are cheap, and I should not keep buying games when I haven't finished the previous ones.

@BillyHorrible I was referring to my own backlog, and if I were to start every one I had. I'm sure most of the systems would be fairly manageable, but the trophy backlog has gotten a bit out of hand.. 

Your 360 story sounds similar to my PlayStation one. Too many cheap as chips games bought in Flash Sales and whatnot. Don't know if I'll ever get to them all.

Just reporting in to give a short update.

Wrapped up another game from the event, in this case Apotheon. As previously mentioned it was a pretty good experience, but unfortunately had several technical falws that held it back from being an excellent game.

With that I got the plat in 6/9 games from this KYC round. Out of the remaining ones, two went to the not touch again list, which leaves only Okage. I don't think I'll be finishing that one up before the next event though.

• Like 4

I got the plat in Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (<3) yesterday but that 100% is still a far way off, with 2 other complete games to play and a 3rd one coming in early 2018. While I certainly appreciate them releasing whole new games as free dlc I wish the dlc trophies weren't so cheap. A bronze for finishing the game and a silver for doing everything in the game that would've got you a plat on a stand-alone version. But it is what it is, I suppose. I had a lot of fun with the base game and I expect I'll enjoy the new content as well. The real question is can I include the 2 available dlc campaigns in the November event? I haven't touched them yet but they are already affecting my completion rate by being included in the base game so it may go against the spirit of the event.

Trophy-wise the plat was a decent challenge but I was never really frustrated with it. It'll requires multiple play throughs done in different ways and you'll be quite familiar with the game by the end. I found getting past the boss refights on ng+ was the hardest part. The 1hr 30min requirement for the speed run trophy was pretty tight, a lot tighter than the 4hr requirement for the speed run trophy in Axiom Verge. On my complete No Death run my final time was 1hr 27min so I just barely snuck in! :lol:

• Like 3

What's Up Everyone!

Since everybody is starting to give ideas on what to play I mind as Well give you guys na idea of my list for the next event.

The way I wanna do it is 5 games in 6 days and mainly ps4 games. I'm thinking 4 ps4 and 1 ps3 game.

As for the Ps4 I've pretty much made my mind and they are :

RE 7 

Ratchet and Clank

Super meat Boy 

And I'm still thinking about the 4th I have several options here : Mighty No.9 ; A bunch of digitals and Plus games I haven't touch like infamous 

Also For the ps3 I'm thinking metal gear solid 3 but I have other options. If you guys want or have the patiente to advise me check out my PSN page as I have a bunch of 0% Ps3 games. Feel free to advise me or share your opinions.

That's All Folks see you around these parts ;)

• Like 3

On 10/14/2017 at 6:50 PM, mking_63 said:

I got the plat in Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (<3) yesterday but that 100% is still a far way off, with 2 other complete games to play and a 3rd one coming in early 2018. While I certainly appreciate them releasing whole new games as free dlc I wish the dlc trophies weren't so cheap. A bronze for finishing the game and a silver for doing everything in the game that would've got you a plat on a stand-alone version. But it is what it is, I suppose. I had a lot of fun with the base game and I expect I'll enjoy the new content as well. The real question is can I include the 2 available dlc campaigns in the November event? I haven't touched them yet but they are already affecting my completion rate by being included in the base game so it may go against the spirit of the event.

Trophy-wise the plat was a decent challenge but I was never really frustrated with it. It'll requires multiple play throughs done in different ways and you'll be quite familiar with the game by the end. I found getting past the boss refights on ng+ was the hardest part. The 1hr 30min requirement for the speed run trophy was pretty tight, a lot tighter than the 4hr requirement for the speed run trophy in Axiom Verge. On my complete No Death run my final time was 1hr 27min so I just barely snuck in! :lol:

I finished in around 1 hour 15 minutes. Definitely not the best time but I tried to rush through as quickly as I could. I ended up getting some health and magic upgrades so I wouldn't end up dying as much.

Plague Knight and Specter Knight's feats are no walk in the park. It's recommend to do four playthroughs for Plague Knight, one notably being you can't use any health tonics. Specter Knight isn't all too easy either.

17 hours ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Also For the ps3 I'm thinking metal gear solid 3 but I have other options. If you guys want or have the patiente to advise me check out my PSN page as I have a bunch of 0% Ps3 games. Feel free to advise me or share your opinions.

From the ones on your profile I would suggest to play either Darksiders, Jak and Daxter or AC Revelations.

All three are great games which you should give another try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

From the ones on your profile I would suggest to play either Darksiders, Jak and Daxter or AC Revelations.

All three are great games which you should give another try.

Might chose Darksiders

AC Revelations I still want to play brotherhood.

As for Jak I platted on the other account and I'm playing the vita version now although  the ps3 version is the best.

As for the Ps4 games I totally forgot about Dark Cloud.

So it should be:

RE7

Dark Cloud

Super Meat Boy

Ratchet and Clank 

Darksiders.

It might change though ;)

Edited by Edward_FOX_86

I've sort of decided on my tentative list.

1. Resident Evil 4 (if it arrives in time)
  2. Let It Die
  3. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
  4. One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  5. Aragami
  6. Mafia 3
  7. Battlefield Hardline
  8. Tomb Raider Legend
  9. GTA San Andreas
  10. Tales of Xillia (I already started this one a couple of years ago but it's still at 0% as I only played a few hours of it)

I'm still considering swapping out 1 or 2 games, but for the most part this should be it.

EDIT:

Made a decent amount of progress in Okage in the meantime. Just started chapter 5 and it seems like I'm in the final third of the game. On the other hand this also seems to be where the grinding begins. My characters are around the level 30 mark and I still have to get 3 of them to level 70...

The guide I'm using says I should keep all 6 characters around the same level. Anyone know how necessary that actually is? It seems to me 3 should be enough, if I plan to stick with them.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

I started Crypt of the Necrodancer last week and I'm totally hooked. It's hard but it's so good. Currently working on a 10 win streak with Cadence on deathless mode. I had two wins and was about 75% through another when I had to leave and put the game on rest. I came back to my son screwing around with one of the other characters. :facepalm: Then last night I got to two wins again, then I got cocky and wiped on the final boss. :shakefist: For the final fight you are actually controlling two characters at the same time. Your main character has everything you've collected throughout the game but the second guy has 4 hearts, 1 armor, and only +1 damage. The goal is just to keep him alive while you whittle down the boss. I was focusing on taking out one of the mini boss spawns and walked Dorian right into an explosion which took him out. 

It's cool to see people already posting lists. I'll probably get the thread up sometime late next week. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The guide I'm using says I should keep all 6 characters around the same level. Anyone know how necessary that actually is? It seems to me 3 should be enough, if I plan to stick with them.

I don't think you should have much of an issue sticking with 3. You just may have to pair up a couple with a higher leveled one for a bit, while grinding in the final area. 

13 minutes ago, Ditto said:

I don't think you should have much of an issue sticking with 3. You just may have to pair up a couple with a higher leveled one for a bit, while grinding in the final area. 

Pretty much what I suspected. I'm thinking of sticking to Rosalyn (got her quest weapon) and Kisling. Although the latter depends a bit on how good the final character is. I read that Linda would get good skills at high level, but she's at 38 now and none of her spells seem worth it so far. Big Bull also seems very limited so far, but he's still under level 30 I think.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:09 PM, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Might chose Darksiders

AC Revelations I still want to play brotherhood.

As for Jak I platted on the other account and I'm playing the vita version now although  the ps3 version is the best.

As for the Ps4 games I totally forgot about Dark Cloud.

So it should be:

RE7

Dark Cloud

Super Meat Boy

Ratchet and Clank 

Darksiders.

It might change though ;)

Play Brotherhood on PS4 so you don't have to suffer through the MP grind. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2017 at 2:50 PM, Ditto said:

@BillyHorrible I was referring to my own backlog, and if I were to start every one I had. I'm sure most of the systems would be fairly manageable, but the trophy backlog has gotten a bit out of hand.. 

Your 360 story sounds similar to my PlayStation one. Too many cheap as chips games bought in Flash Sales and whatnot. Don't know if I'll ever get to them all.

The question has now become, how many other Pokémon will join in the next event?

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 3:10 PM, Jaguargenie said:

- Banner Saga (strategy)

- Marvel Heroes Omega (beat 'em up)

- Ratchet and Clank (action)

- Salt and Sanctuary (2d platformer)

- Darkest Dungeon (???)

- Shadow Complex (metroidvania)

- Undertale (rpg)

- Dying Light (FP action)

- Crysis 3 (FPS)

- Swindle (roguelike)

Ok. So I've got my list which is set unless next week's PSN sale forces me to buy another few games. I'm going to try and alternate between short(ish) indies and long AAA's. Format will remain the same: 3 hours per game. Hit the 3 hour mark and move on. I've listed more games than I anticipate I'll be able to get to, just in case I want to rearrange during the event. 

- Salt & Sanctuary

- Marvel heroes omega

- Undertale

- Crysis 3

- Darkest Dungeon

- Ratchet & Clank

- Banner Saga

- Fallout 4

- Deadliest

- Dying Light

- What Remains of Edith Finch

If anyone has suggestions as to what to play first, or would like to get impressions on anything, let me know. The order is not set in stone. November is almost upon us!

Edited by Jaguargenie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

- Salt & Sanctuary

- Marvel heroes omega

- Undertale

- Crysis 3

- Darkest Dungeon

- Ratchet & Clank

- Banner Saga

- Fallout 4

- Deadliest

- Dying Light

- What Remains of Edith Finch

Don't know if you looked at What Remains of Edith Finch (gameplay, story), but having it last might have more of an impact on you.

Just a short update on Okage.

I might end up being bale to finish it before the next round after all, as I'm already close to the end. Currently in the final dungeon farming my way up to 70 (at the moment at 51) and after that only the last boss remains.

If I recall correctly my initial opinion on this game was mixed and depending. Well, by now I can definitely say It's been an fairly awful experience overall. While the music and visuals are alright, every single mechanic in the game is terrible.

My main issues with this game were:

• turn-based combat seems random (I experienced this while farming the "Q", it would switch who'd start the encounter every few tries, messing up my routine and leading to a fail state during the boss).
  • the aforementioned boss battle (Phantom King) If I didn't use a specific rotation the fight would become unwinnable, as I would never get another turn while the boss + adds keep getting consecutive turns which wouldn't end until everyone was dead.
  • The drop rate of the "Q" is ridiculous. It took 7 hours for it to drop (it can drop from each of the 4 adds of the boss), which made 84 attempts in total with 336  chances of it dropping.
  • Boss fights instead of being memorable, they're annoying. The Vampire one comes down to pure luck. The adds in that fight can cast a spell that confuses your party members.The best you can do is kill one of the 4 adds. If by any chance the remaining 3 cast confuse on all your party members it's almost a guaranteed game over. The target for each party member will be random at that point, which results in them healing party members that are at full health, attacking the boss instead of attacking his minions and so on. It's basically an absolute clusterfuck.
  • Not being able to see enemies health is a terrible design choice.
  • Being attacked every 3 seconds by enemies that can spawn on top of you (enabling a surprise attack) is also infuriating. Especially when they give bugger all XP.

So yeah, this game is full of bad game design and/or bad design choices (I fucking hope no one actually decided to implement all this crap on purpose). Anyway, glad it's almost over.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2017 at 11:52 PM, Spaz said:

Plague Knight and Specter Knight's feats are no walk in the park. It's recommend to do four playthroughs for Plague Knight, one notably being you can't use any health tonics. Specter Knight isn't all too easy either.

Ya, I already dived into both available dlc's, they're great! Plague Knight has the same levels but with added branches. Most of the novelty comes from controlling a new character which plays radically different. So much of the focus in Shovel Knight was down-stabbing enemies but obviously that doesn't work too well now. I like now they tied Plague Knights story into the main story. Spectre Knight has totally different level layouts and again plays totally different. The bosses all have upgraded move sets which is cool but kind of funny because it's supposed to be a prequel so joining the enchantress made them all weaker. :lol: Spectre Knight gets off kind of easy not having the penultimate level with the boss fights but it's still my favourite of the two.

Thinking about buying Headlander in the current sale and playing it for this event.

I downloaded most of my library, including games that I would probably not play otherwise. Down here is a list, including Battlefront 2 since I should not forget that I'm getting that one in November as well.

1. Star Wars Battlefront II
  2. Leo's Fortune
  3. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
  4. Darksiders
  5. Darksiders II
  6. South Park: The Stick Of Truth
  7. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
  8. Rebel Galaxy
  9. Hyper Void
  10. The Swindle
  11. Galak-Z
  12. Transistor
  13. Sky Force Anniversary
  14. Amnesia Collection
  15. Hatoful Boyfriend
  16. Aaru's Awakening
  17. Downwell
  18. Spelunky
  19. Tower Of Guns
  20. Nom Nom Galaxy
  21. Stealth Inc 2: A Game Of Clones
  22. Rocket League
  23. Lumo
  24. Alienation
  25. Minecraft: Story Mode
  26. LittleBigPlanet 3
  27. Xeodrifter

I may just add PS3 games to this if I don't sell it soon enough. Not many people who still want one and those who do want to pay as little as possible, so maybe I should just keep the thing around until I have everything actually played through.

I'm thinking about not doing a set agenda but more of playing when I have time, whatever I feel like at that point. There's a few days in November where I won't get any playtime at all so I might just do more games on one day. I'm going for at least one hour per game, forcing me to play past the first impressions.

I hope there's a couple of nice games in November's PS+ list.

8 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

@Cubone @Fredoline05 @MarkusT1992

Before I'm going to post a list of possible games etc.. Are we all still up for Alienation in the next event?? 

I promised to play even if I wasn't doing the event so yeah, I'm up for it. If people are doing games in sets of three days, the 25-27 spot would work best for me at this time.

I'm also up for adding Magicka 2 and other four player co-op games, if people want to play those.

1 minute ago, Cubone said:

I promised to play even if I wasn't doing the event so yeah, I'm up for it. If people are doing games in sets of three days, the 25-27 spot would work best for me at this time.

I'm also up for adding Magicka 2 and other four player co-op games, if people want to play those.

wokidoki! Good to know! then I have 1 game already lol. 

12 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Before I'm going to post a list of possible games etc.. Are we all still up for Alienation in the next event?? 

I'm still in

12 hours ago, Cubone said:

I could play Magicka  if needed. I already have at least on trophy so I can't add it to the event though.

Time would fit for me.

13 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Good you sent that reminder, I completely forgot about this. I might have to start thinking about a list of games to play then ;)

I'm still in for Alienation if you guys want to