Kill Your Completion - CYOA

6 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Think I'd like to join in for this round... still need to hammer out a few of mine, though, and there's a slight chance of changes with July's PS+.

6x5 days sounds good to me, though I'm going to go for 11 games. Beginning of the month is going to be a bit rough, so I'll at least start out with something simple. Should be interesting, since I tend to average 14 hours a week unless I'm playing with someone...

1st-5th: Life is Strange (20)

6th-10th: Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando (25)

?: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (75)

?: Batman: Arkham City (85)

?: Castlestorm (25) (up for switching to PS3 Resident Evil 5 (75) or 6 (50) if someone's interested in co-op)

26th-31st: Abyss Odyssey (5) Babel Rising (5) Blood Knights (5) Contrast (5) The Deadly Tower of Monsters (5) The Order: 1886 (10)

Can help out there if you like.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

I'm hoping Dead Island is at least in a similar level of quality of stupid zombie smashing as Dead Rising 2.

Imagine a first person melee (like Skyrim and just as glitchy) that has leveling, questing and Diablo like looting of weapons. 

Think I'm going to wait until next months PS+ games to be announced before I decide on a final list.  Needless to say, I'm going to need these games to help me break up the No Man's Sky perma-death experience - so far it's just been a lot of waiting around for hazard protection to refill, and save scumming.  Hopefully now I've warped for the first time things will go better (at least that's what I've heard from others experiences)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Can help out there if you like.

Thanks, that's awfully nice of you to offer! It looks like you're more or less done with them, though - wouldn't it be a waste of your time playing with someone that's completely new to the series?

8 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Internet speed won't make much of a difference when downloading on PS4, as for some reason Sony decide to cap download speed on their consoles. You can try downloading in rest mode though, it's generally faster than downloading while the PS4 is on.

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I can second that. Sometimes it says 12h but is done after 6 or 7h when I check the next morning.

Yeah but there's a real difference between my 1MB/s and my brother's 7Mb/s. I went to play FFXV's demo at his place to check if motion sickness was triggered by the game (and it was after 30 minutes when I started runnning everywhere because I didn't know what I was supposed to do :rolleyes:). He had downloaded it in a couple of hours and acted like it was no big deal <_<

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Myu said:

Yeah but there's a real difference between my 1MB/s and my brother's 7Mb/s. I went to play FFXV's demo at his place to check if motion sickness was triggered by the game (and it was after 30 minutes when I started runnning everywhere because I didn't know what I was supposed to do :rolleyes:). He had downloaded it in a couple of hours and acted like it was no big deal <_<

At the moment (before it gets upgraded tomorrow), my Internet speed is 3 Mb/s. Upgraded to 30, wahoo!!

9 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

The new FFXV trophies have killed my completion before the event has even started -_-  I really ought to go back to it and get the platinum/work on the DLCs

lol, same here.. also happened with uncharted 4 for me.. xD I got like 71% in the event when I played it.. now it's back to somewhere round 50 I think because of some trophie pack -.-'

9 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I can second that. Sometimes it says 12h but is done after 6 or 7h when I check the next morning.

yeah but psn is also to blame for that.. sometimes I get 5 hours, pauze the download restart it and it will be done in 30 minutes. really random if you get a good server or not. 

38 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

At the moment (before it gets upgraded tomorrow), my Internet speed is 3 Mb/s. Upgraded to 30, wahoo!!

100 / 100 ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

lol, same here.. also happened with uncharted 4 for me.. xD I got like 71% in the event when I played it.. now it's back to somewhere round 50 I think because of some trophie pack -.-'

I really do hope there isn't more Goat Simulator DLC.. I've had my completion drop in both KYC events I participated in, because of that dumb game. ._.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

The last slot is fine with me. I have no real order yet so I can shuffle the games whatever I feel like. 

Cool, I'll leave it in he final slot then.

9 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

It's that bad? Never had trouble getting into matches here.. 

Yeah, that'd be fine. Would space out my 2 shooters a bit more.

It was fine at the beginning. I guess once the flux of people with the game from plus increased it went down the shitter, I also never could create private matches on the Europe server, always gives error. US East actually gave me the message once that server was at max capacity... So now I've been jumping between all other servers except Europe to find a game with mostly nasty pings just to get those missing wins.

Supposedly the devs released a patch to fix the freezing, which fixed fuck all.

I'll be swapping Foul Play with Ride then.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Don't mind me, just swapping out and in a bit, seeing if I can come up with a cool new list without looking at PS+.

I'm not sure of the order yet, by the way. My brother-in-law will be visiting this weekend so I'll play something he wants to see.

Old list:

Spoiler

Current list:

1. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  2. Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood
  3. Earth Defense Force 2025 (might be difficult to get a quick trophy in)
  4. Galak-Z
  5. Hyper Void
  6. Rebel Galaxy
  7. Abyss Odyssey
  8. From Dust
  9. ICO
  10. Transistor
  11. Beyond Good & Evil
  12. I Am Alive
  13. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
  14. Blazerush
  15. Costume Quest 2

Current themes:

1. Shoot To Kill
  2. SPACE!
  3. Strange Lands
  4. Games I Should Give A Second Chance
  5. "Random Collection" Is A Theme Too

Current list:

1. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  2. Hitman
  3. Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell
  4. Galak-Z
  5. Hyper Void
  6. Rebel Galaxy
  7. Abyss Odyssey
  8. From Dust
  9. ICO
  10. Transistor
  11. Beyond Good & Evil
  12. I Am Alive
  13. Driver: San Fransisco
  14. Blazerush
  15. Mad Riders

Current themes:

1. Last Man Standing
  2. SPACE!
  3. Strange Lands
  4. Games I Should Give A Second Chance
  5. Burning Rubber

I could replace "Games I Should Give A Second Chance" with "Story Time", putting in Firewatch, The Fall and a third game. Anna: Extended Edition perhaps, and there might be something in the PS+ offering. There's also still a chance I'm getting the first two Arkham games for PS4, I want to have those in the end anyway and it would be good to be able to delete them from my PS3.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I really do hope there isn't more Goat Simulator DLC.. I've had my completion drop in both KYC events I participated in, because of that dumb game. ._.

goat sim??? trophy pack? the hell xD.. is that a game like that mayo one? 

31 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

goat sim??? trophy pack? the hell xD.. is that a game like that mayo one? 

Not really. It's a game where you mess around in an open world as a goat. The PS4 version has had a crapload of DLC trophies added, though: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3765-goat-simulator/DamagingRob. Wish I'd bought it for PS3...

9 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Thanks, that's awfully nice of you to offer! It looks like you're more or less done with them, though - wouldn't it be a waste of your time playing with someone that's completely new to the series?

Not really, I still enjoy them and always willing to help out to make it easier. Also,if you play RE5, I have some weapons maxed to help out :P

Still contemplating my choices or options,but I may have to steal @Edunstar84 idea...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Note to myself : get the DLC packs.

This is going to take forever to download :D 

Going to go from 15 games to 6 games and enjoy them a bit more. I want to thank @Jaguargenie for the suggestion and with some thought I agree so I am going to bundle my games like this. 
Timezone: Mountain Time 

1. Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection

2. Assassins Creed: Black Flag

3. Metro Redux

4. Uncharted 4

5. Resident Evil 7

6. Yakuza 0

5 Days each gives me time to make some solid reviews and I feel like I am probably going to be playing about 6-10 hours a day so I'm excited for this event. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Lots of people going for five or six days per game... Makes me wonder how much killing of percentages will actually be happening :D

Well, if I go the Long and Hard route, those games will probably be on my PSN profile unfinished/unplatted possibly forever.

1 minute ago, Edunstar84 said:

Well, if I go the Long and Hard route, those games will probably be on my PSN profile unfinished/unplatted possibly forever.

There was a reason why I voted for long and hard, other than the obvious... I think.

Anyway you should definitely put those long games on your card; you bought them so not having them on your card is only fooling yourself :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Lots of people going for five or six days per game... Makes me wonder how much killing of percentages will actually be happening :D

I would have done 15 but after some consideration with friends and looking at previous iterations of this challenge I thought it would be better to do do less games with more time. Still working on Warhammer Vermintide Platinum and Guide because there isn't a good one so I have lots of work to do on that.  

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

There was a reason why I voted for long and hard, other than the obvious... I think.

Anyway you should definitely put those long games on your card; you bought them so not having them on your card is only fooling yourself :)

LOL! I like to keep my profile nice and tidy though.