Good Games

WetRaindrops

What are some really good PS3 games? Ones that have a obtainable platinum, are very fun, and could probably be found cheap. I just platinumed LA Noire which was amazing and fun and now that exams are done and I finished L.A I am basically out of games and need new ones. So suggest me some! :)

Sonic Unleashed is on sale in the EU store and is great fun to platinum. There's also Mirror's Edge which is so old that you can probably find it pretty cheap. Assassin's Creed games and the PS2 remaster packages (Tomb Raider, Sly, God of War, etc.) are for the most part great fun.

Really the PS3 library is so fantastic I could probably spend at least an hour just posting games, there's so many.

• Like 1

Looking through your list, you have a lot of the basics, but you are missing a few gems that still have an obtainable platinum...

1. OKAMI HD - The most "fun" I've had platting a game. Loved every second of it. Would definitely recommend.

2. Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection (4 games) - Hard plats, but fun games except MGS3.

3. Ni No Kuni - Fun game if you like real-time strategy games.

4. Saint's row games - fun, easy games. I find them pretty relaxing.

5. Ratchet Deadlocked 

6. Ratchet and Clank: A crack in time

7. Dragon's Dogma

8. DMC (Devil May cry)

9. Final Fantasy XIII Collection

10. Final Fantasy X/X-2

I could go on and on, but this is a good start.

Also, all PS3 games are pretty cheap if you know where to look.

• Like 1

Would help if you posted what you already have/played.  

as Beyond has said, MGS Legacy collection is a great collection at a good price.  You can find it for around $35-40 USD. I'll add:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • The Last of Us
  • Dark Souls
  • Demons Souls
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Skyrim
  • Dead Space
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, madbuk said:

There's also Mirror's Edge which is so old that you can probably find it pretty cheap.

mirror's edge is pretty great but OP, be aware that the platinum is no joke. it pretty much requires full mastery of the game and all its mechanics. still haven't done those bloody chapter speedruns :(

other than that i find it hard to recommend good games out of the blue since there are so many and i'd feel bad if i missed some... the subreddit /r/ps3 usually has some good suggestions. here's an example

EDIT: my personal ps3 top 3 would be demon's souls, dishonored & journey (but considering this doesn't have a platinum, i'll throw in kingdoms of amalur, a very overlooked RPG and well worth playing!)

Edited by Bubblyfishes
  • Like 1

I had a great time with Dead Space. Prince of Persia trilogy is great also and the God of War series, GTA IV which I'm playing now is a blast! Check the top PS3 games on YouTube and you will see gameplay footage so you have a better idea if you'll enjoy them.

• Like 1