Semi-Official Complaint Thread

On 8/27/2017 at 0:03 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Oh i forgot to mention in my last post, is this game really that dead that it took me 10+ minutes to get two more people for a full room? 

You know, I came here to ask that very same thing. Is matchmaking broken or has everyone just bailed on this game? It seems the wait time to get a full lobby is much longer than before. It seems like, 50% of the people who played F13 stopped playing after teamkilling was disabled. LOL. Were there really THAT MANY PEOPLE logging on this game with the intention of trolling? *SMH*. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

You know, I came here to ask that very same thing. Is matchmaking broken or has everyone just bailed on this game? It seems the wait time to get a full lobby is much longer than before. It seems like, 50% of the people who played F13 stopped playing after teamkilling was disabled. LOL. Were there really THAT MANY PEOPLE logging on this game with the intention of trolling? *SMH*. 

Well this was prior to the patch (a day or so) but yeah I've heard from friends who still play that the game is even worse now in the matchmaking aspect. Wouldn't shock me if at least 20% of the people who played this game only did to piss people off. 

Unlike some people i have no problem finding players, interestingly the other day there was a person who tried teamkilling me,  then a friend of mine came to call this person a "circus clown " :D:D 

some people dont lose the old habits even with a new patch

the new patch came to bring soul to the game is what i think

Edited by Rose Amicitia

• 2 weeks later...

The game has gotten more stable as of late. The matchmaking is better. However, lobby leaders rage quitting when they die and crashing the game for everyone is still an issue. Me and my group of friends just simply give the lobby leader a "free pass" every game, just ignoring them when we are Jason. It sucks, but if you don't know the lobby leader, chances are it's a tryhard who can't handle losing and will crash the game for everybody if they get killed. And nothing's more annoying than getting 10 minutes into a game just to have the lobby leader quit. Sometimes we get lucky and one of us is the lobby leader.

Also, when playing as Jason, I discovered since this latest patch, that Jason's functionality has taken a hit. More often than not, Jason will get stuck outside a cabin door, or you can't swing his weapon, or you can't use his morph or shift.

Edited by jackmadrox

I still haven't touched this game since the last time I played. But i will be trying the new DLC coming on the 13th.

We are getting the Jarvis House map, a new Jason (Jason IV), and a new counselor (Rain).

Also a Double XP weekend. So maybe I can get the Jason (he requires level 44 to use) unlocked by then.

Hoping they patch in a way to ban people (similar to Overwatch's ban) who rage quit, I heard from some friends that's still pretty awful.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

Decided to give this a whirl yesterday after the recent patch.. some thoughts: 

Oh well I was wrong with the above post about the counselor. We got Mitch. 

I still haven't tried him as his stamina looks terrible but he does have great composure.. hmm.

Jarvis House is a pretty damn fun map though. It's huge so don't expect to not get caught but Jason as it takes awhile to travel to each house. Actually i find it rather difficult which makes it way more "scary" in a sense.

Haven't tried the new Jason either.

As for the game, it seems to be quite a bit better. I would love dedicated servers on the next patch but I could see those maybe coming in December around the holidays? I did notice there's still some glitches and dumbass tricks people are using (the ranging platform to run around in circles since Jason is slow as hell lol.. its funny the first time you see it but it gets old real quick. )

• 1 month later...

so i finally decided to play this and dead by daylight, unfortunately because i played them both in the last few days it shows the flaws in FT13 even more.

my main problems being that the host quitting messes the game up for everyone else and trying to actually play as Jason is very rare in my experience,
they need to take a few leaves out of the dbd's books making it so u can choose what side u want to play as and make the killer the host as they are less likely to quit then a plyr that has gotten killed.

Edited by Leenewbe

Okay so I've played this a couple times since the last post and I can say it's back to being a game I feel like it's a chore to play...

- People rage quitting as soon as they die (usually the host) therefore you get booted and nothing in that game counts towards trophy progress. They seriously need host migration...they should know by now how much their fanbase trolls (see the past when about 40% of the rooms were counselors attacking each other. Also roof or shed glitchers) .

- People still try to run you over with the car or set traps by windows... (Although this had decreased somewhat the last time i played (about a week or two ago) . I don't know if they've done some banning or what)

- People leading Jason right to other counselors and/or telling them where you are on the dot (Still a major issue. Should result in a ban of some kind even if it wasn't permanent.. defeats the purpose of even playing.)

- The cars glitchiness. This has been an issue from day one. It drives horribly, gets stuck at random, dies at random, people are floating (while acting seated in the car) outside of the car... Have they even investigated any of the car issues?

- Paid DLC before fixing lots of the broken areas of the game.. won't start a feud about this here but it's ridiculous. 

I only play now when they add something that looks interesting. I will say the Jarvis House was really cool but it's not enough to keep me interested with all the bugs/issues that have still yet to be addressed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2017 at 0:12 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Okay so I've played this a couple times since the last post and I can say it's back to being a game I feel like it's a chore to play...

Yeah same here. Online is just such a disaster. The latest patch I feel has done nothing at all. Matchmaking is horrible, still! I just can't anymore with this game. 6 months and 10+ patches later after release and the game is still not stabilized. The offline bots are interesting for awhile....but you really just want to play online with your friends, not lifeless bots. By the time they've got it fixed, everyone is going to have moved on. I haven't played it in a week. 

On 1/2/2018 at 0:07 AM, jackmadrox said:

Yeah same here. Online is just such a disaster. The latest patch I feel has done nothing at all. Matchmaking is horrible, still! I just can't anymore with this game. 6 months and 10+ patches later after release and the game is still not stabilized. The offline bots are interesting for awhile....but you really just want to play online with your friends, not lifeless bots. By the time they've got it fixed, everyone is going to have moved on. I haven't played it in a week. 

I've not played but maybe once (to test my new microphone mostly) since the last post but it was still god awful that day. I only played maybe thirty minutes before I decided enough was enough and told my friend we needed to find another game. Not only is the rage quitting extremely annoying but people are continuously trolling now on the game (they get the car and won't let anyone else in and if people do get in they call their friend [who is Jason] to come over to the car to grab them all out as an easy kill method).

Haven't even tried any of the new stuff since Mitch. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Not only is the rage quitting extremely annoying but people are continuously trolling now on the game (they get the car and won't let anyone else in and if people do get in they call their friend [who is Jason] to come over to the car to grab them all out as an easy kill method).

I played it earlier today. It is actually more stable. But the one remaining major issue is what you mentioned above: the players. The community for this game is by far one of THE WORST I have ever been apart of. From the rage quitting hosts, to the trolls, to the screaming kids, to the racists. In all reality, there isn't much that can be done about that, other than just muting these kinds of players. The rage quitting can be resolved by host migration. Gun Media/Illfonic tweeted something about not wanting to do host migration, but dedicated servers. Honestly, I don't care which one they do, but just wish they would do something already. It's ridiculous that a game made specifically for online multiplayer wouldn't have host migration from the get go.    

• 1 month later...

Okay so i've been playing this game quite a bit the last couple days.

The community is way less populated which in return sort of helps the trolling. I will say though that rage quitting is still a thing. I don't get the people who escape and rage quit though? What's the point? I've noticed a lot of people do this lol (Which doesn't hurt any of us other players but I just can't understand it lol)

Overall the game is still very buggy though. I see more new issues each time I play. The car's lag also is not fixed.. which is a day one issue lol.

I do enjoy the game more than prior though. I'll continue on my little streak of enjoying what I can from it.

I've ran into a couple glitches the last couple days I've played (some from when the game first came out):

- Counselor gets stuck "in" the car (not seated but standing) and can ride on the "roof" but it does not let them exit so in turn this glitch doesn't really help them unless the car is not moving as Jason can't hit or grab them. (Pretty sure this is a glitch from when the game first came out)

- Counselors flying through the sky.. I had screenshots of this that I sent to them (which they ignored). Fortunately I've only seen this once. It doesn't really benefit anyone as the counselor can't do anything (so they can't get more xp doing this) and of course Jason can't reach them. It's basically a way for trolls to waste 20 minutes of our time instead of playing the game correctly.

- People "sit-floating" after they get pulled from the car. (Seated like they are in the car floating around the screen. Very much a glitch that happened around day one.)

I did have a funny game where everyone was a woman counselor and I stopped their car and the entire room was hitting me with bats and machetes as woman. It was hilarious watching poor Jason get clubbed to death by their bats and blades lol. (However I did end up killing everyone in the room. Most of them were dumb and kept reentering the car and i'd grab them out and quickly press X to suffocate kill them).

Hopefully the server issues resolve the lag on this game too, noticed it's really bad lately in some rooms. 

• 3 months later...

After coming close to the platinum I've finally removed the game from my hard drive.

- Consistently having connection lost so makes the 1000 games with both impossible and makes this experience not fun. (12 in the last 5 hours of playtime)

- So many bugs that everytime they squash some they release others...

- Developers are extremely rude on their social media. Will never be receiving money from me again.

- Have to wait several minutes just to get a full room which is the only real fun way to play the game (this isn't exactly their fault with having to announce dlc was ending) but i think most that bought it quit the game due to bugs and the connection issues.. [plus trolls and rage quitters of the past])

I have changed my metacritic score from 3 to 0... It doesn't deserve numbers now.

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin