How do this handle with control pad

N7SciFiNerd

Question how does this game handy with only control pad used. I really loved elite back on the amiga days and before then the BBC this does bring back some really good memories when I was younger. Does anyone know if this controls well with control pad. Font have enough room for flight stick or enough money. Any info would be helpful as I don't know if it worth buying it not with using a fightstick? 

• 3 months later...

I've been using the Hotas for a while now & I'd not change back to the DS4, but I never felt that way when I first starting using it! The game plays very well with the DS4, so there really is no need to buy a Hotas, but it does give the game a better feel.

The down side to using the Hotas, though, is that I find it very tricky to use on the Galaxy map. Also, if you're used to using the DS4 switching to the Hotas feels 'off'. The problem is likely that the default bindings clash with your DS4 muscle memory.

I would recommend a Hotas, but you'll probably need to change a few bindings to get comfortable with it. One in particular is worth setting. Look for FSD toggle & map it to Triangle so you get the one-touch Supercruise/Hyper like you have on the DS4.