Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angelgrievous

SNES Mini announced! 9/29

51 posts in this topic

Already got most of the games on VC, but Star Fox 2 would be fun to try and it's great to finally see it released :3

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to preorder, never got the chance to play snes games, only nes. I'm glad they included 2 snes controllers right away so there is no need to buy another controller seperately.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks interesting, but I do have to question a couple of their choices of games.

  • Super Ghosts 'n Ghouls - I played the heck out of this game back in the day but looking at it now there's nothing that screams classic at me, except maybe its extreme difficulty. It did have excellent visuals and music for its day.
  • Super Mario World - Nothing wrong here, but IMO they should have gone with Mario All-Stars
  • Super Punch-Out - I spent the least amount of time playing this game out of all on the list, and similar to Ghosts 'n Ghouls nothing really stood out to me as a game changer for it to be included.

I do find it disturbing they excluded Chrono Trigger off the list. They have an excellent selection of RPGs available but to leave out the one many consider the best SNES RPG is just plain silly. Maybe I'll have a chance to buy one for my niece and nephew this year. I wanted to get them a NES classic to enjoy what I grew up with last year to no avail. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super Metroid, Zelda: Link to the Past; Super Punch Out AND the unreleased Star Fox 2? I may need to take a sabbatical from trophy hunting when this comes out . . .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An expected lineup, having Star Fox 2 is pretty awesome too. But would've been great if they included Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>not Chrono Trigger

Discarded. Thanks for nothing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad line up, a bit small though. Let's hope they make enough this time to support the overwhelming demand.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have a working SNES plugged into my television.

 

There's many games on that list that I consider must-haves and that I have the original cartridge from - Castlevania IV, DKC, Mario World, Star Fox... Legend Of The Seven Stars is golden and it never released in the EU.

 

I hope many people can get their hands on this, before the scalpers run off with everything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Caldor2K2 said:

Looks interesting, but I do have to question a couple of their choices of games.

  • Super Ghosts 'n Ghouls - I played the heck out of this game back in the day but looking at it now there's nothing that screams classic at me, except maybe its extreme difficulty. It did have excellent visuals and music for its day.
  • Super Mario World - Nothing wrong here, but IMO they should have gone with Mario All-Stars
  • Super Punch-Out - I spent the least amount of time playing this game out of all on the list, and similar to Ghosts 'n Ghouls nothing really stood out to me as a game changer for it to be included.

I do find it disturbing they excluded Chrono Trigger off the list. They have an excellent selection of RPGs available but to leave out the one many consider the best SNES RPG is just plain silly. Maybe I'll have a chance to buy one for my niece and nephew this year. I wanted to get them a NES classic to enjoy what I grew up with last year to no avail. 

 

I imagine that SuperG&G is included b/c Ghosts'N Goblins was included with the miniNES, which somewhat explains Super Punch-Out as well. Having said that they are both great games and add variety to the lineup. 

 

I am with you 100% on Chrono Trigger and Mario All-Stars. They probably felt All-Stars was rehash from the miniNES and as for Chrono who the f knows. Maybe they hit the rpg quota for this collection. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing for sure, Star Fox 2 is the reason that will make it sold out very quickly. :awesome:Well... at the same time, god knows how much Nintendo fanboys exist out there, ready to buy anything stamped Nintendo. :P I'm sarcastic guys.

 

I mean, it's awesome of seeing an unreleased game becoming officially released and now truly takes part in the Star Fox series!

Edited by Maxie Mouse
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll want to pick this up but it's likely I'll be too late and they will all be sold out. The game lineup is excellent, all games I would play. I would've liked SimCity but I don't think many would agree with me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so excited for this. I'm pretty shocked we got Mario RPG. I'm making for damn sure I get one this time, unlike the NES one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, but Final Fantasy III is actually Final Fantasy VI.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually consider buying one of these if the stock wasn't so limited, especially since I have no intention of buying a modern Nintendo console with Virtual Console support. I'm not dealing with that headache though. I can live without one. Giving Nintendo money for some poorly emulated games is one thing, but I'm definitely not giving even more of my money to some scalper. Good job, Nintendo... 😒

 

I wonder if they're going to do an N64 Mini after they stop manufacturing these in a few months time. I'm sure most people would rather they just brought Virtual Console to the Switch. It baffles me as to why that hasn't been done yet.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on buying one of these too, hopefully I won't have to wait overnight again for it though.

 

I wish they would have also included Act Raiser, Pilot Wings, Final Fantasy II, EVO Search For Eden, and SimCity.  It's not like there's really an issue in space. But all in all, this is still an amazing lineup and I'll be getting one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they included Super double dragon i was going to be all over it, so no thanks.

Not saying that the catalog is bad btw.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoshi's Island was my shit. I'm buying this mother fucker I can't wait. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Giving Nintendo money for some poorly emulated games is one thing

 

What makes you think these games will be poorly emulated? I don't have extensive experience with the NES Classic but the games I did play on that system seemed to run perfectly fine, far and away from what I would call "poorly emulated."

 

 

Parker

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely pre-ordering this when it's available in the US. I never had the chance to own my own NES, SNES, N64, or Gamecube when I was younger (always played PS and XBox). This definitely won't make up for what I missed out on, but it's a start!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Parker said:

What makes you think these games will be poorly emulated? I don't have extensive experience with the NES Classic but the games I did play on that system seemed to run perfectly fine, far and away from what I would call "poorly emulated."

 

 

Parker

 

Because the emulation on the NES Mini pales in comparison to other emulation methods, so I expect the same to be true with the SNES Mini as well. The sound/image quality just isn't up to par with the original. It's fine if you're just looking to play a few old games to indulge your nostalgia on the cheap; these issues will go over most people's heads I'm sure. For the purists looking for the most authentic experience though, there are far better alternatives. I just would have expected more out of Nintendo is all.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.